Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by braytontiger » 14 Dec 2019, 20:48

CasRus wrote: 14 Dec 2019, 18:32
alftupper wrote: 14 Dec 2019, 15:26 well it’s good to see Boris straight out there and touring Labour’s fallen citadels of the north. I really do expect Boris to do a great job and it is good to see him getting out to these newly won constituencies expressing his gratitude. I think if we have a good five years, then Labour will be in for a shock if they expect to re-take some of these places.
Hi Alf, yes he’s done the right thing to come up to the Heartlands immediately and more or less say he is going to try to help the North in appreciation of them lending their vote and let’s hope he can cement a good relationship for the future.

I’ve always thought that if the North try the blues for a change, it would attract them to spend in the North rather than the south.

If he dumps HS2 and diverts to trans Pennines this will be a show of faith and I do hope he can consider to look into making that third runway defunct at Heathrow and consider Donny airport for this spend as a true international airport serving London with high speed railway link as this would definitely bring jobs and wealth to the North and open up the North as a major UK powerhouse area which has always been awaiting to be unleashed.

I will be contacting local MP to make the airport suggestion and hope northern MPs can lobby for Donny airport.

These projects obviously need to assessed for viability but while it’s running hot just now, it really needs to get these ideas out up for consideration and try to bring the profit in to deal with the problems that austerity has impacted on and help the needy and at the same time help the North with jobs and wealth creation here.
The trans pennine route upgrade just won’t happen. Surveys were done around 4 years ago and due to the Victorian bridges and tunnels it’s just not possible as there just isn’t the room to expand. it cannot even be electrified. The tracks themselves have been renewed and new signalling is complete. Trains through the day run at full capacity although there are plans to run 24 hours come Easter which would mean freight can run through the night which would free up some capacity. Other monies have been spent on longer platforms meaning trains can be longer other than that don’t expect much change. A new line altogether would just be too costly imo

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 14 Dec 2019, 21:23

I think it was in the Conservative manifesto to reopen some of the lines closed under Dr Beeching, I think expanding on this policy would offer far greater value for money than HS2

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 14 Dec 2019, 21:27

CasRus, I hope you’ve been enjoying those Lefty tears the last 48 hours just a shame our friends from across the divide have run away. WF10 taking a sabbatical, just one graceless post from Capper and no sign of the other plant pot.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 14 Dec 2019, 21:48

alftupper wrote: 14 Dec 2019, 21:23 I think it was in the Conservative manifesto to reopen some of the lines closed under Dr Beeching, I think expanding on this policy would offer far greater value for money than HS2
Absolutely I think a line linking Bradford with Manchester is in the pipeline.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 14 Dec 2019, 21:53

Always thought a place like Wetherby is crying out for a rail link to Leeds. It may have made sense in the 60’s to close the line but if it existed today it would be carrying thousands of commuters.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 14 Dec 2019, 22:15

alftupper wrote: 14 Dec 2019, 21:53 Always thought a place like Wetherby is crying out for a rail link to Leeds. It may have made sense in the 60’s to close the line but if it existed today it would be carrying thousands of commuters.

I think the biggest problem is network rail as slowly been selling off the land of old lines. Cas to York/hull/east coast would be easy to open up the track is there.As I’ve said earlier nearly everything runs through the Liverpool to hull line and it’s running to capacity meaning towns like Castleford suffer.

hazzy

Post by hazzy » 14 Dec 2019, 22:29

Hi CasRus,
I know the topic has gone on to Railways, however, thanks for you comments, I was a Union card Labour supporter many years ago, slowly but surely I saw the light, in the election I wanted "Brexit", but even so I just could have brought myself to vote Labour had there not been the "Brexit" issue, no way could I vote to put a man in power like Corbyn to lead the British people,. a man who is friends of the IRA, who have killed many British people,,,, a friend of Hamas and Hezbollah, who killed innocent Jews (remember Munich),,,, has praised the Venezuelan leader,,,, and is light on criticism of Russia (Salisbury),,,, and wont sing the National Anthem,,,, there's lots more reasons (which probably includes the rest of the pack) but thats enough to be going on with, I would think even WF10 would say he's not happy with that,,,,I know it's sad, but as a matter of interest I looked at most of the election results, I found out that at least eight and probably many more constituency results, if BP and Tory votes were added together the Labour winner would have lost, and of course that includes Normy/Cas/Ponte, but interestingly enough, "Pixie Balls" (not one mention of Brexit in her election leaflet) won by 1276, the Yorkshire Party had 1762 votes, what a waste,,, the Tory Party is NOT the same now, and Boris must be given a chance, and it's pointless protesting outside Downing Street, they must be brain dead and they impress nobody

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 14 Dec 2019, 22:32

Good constructive posts and good to get a census On what is possible and what can and may be achieved on improved rail services.

Any thoughts on the Doncaster airport and fast rail link to London idea instead of spend on Heathrow ?.?

Alf, yes the Labour lads have disappeared and probably in shock at the devastating result , hopefully they will come back in at some point. It was getting a bit heated on the run up to the election but let’s hope it is simmering down and discuss like good blokes should.

I just hope they can be a little compromising and re-enter discussion on this forum. I for one am not a person to rake old coals up and if he or others are willing to discuss, table anything that they wish to, point out and make personal judgement on, I’m still all ears - it’s good to talk even when we have disagreements !

I note WF10 defends Corbyn but his past associations with some nasty terrorist groups and failure to come out and criticise Russia’s when it was blatantly obvious who was behind the poisoning on UK territory didn’t help him and along with allowing 3 years of anti Semitism to run can only land at his doorstep. Corbyn does have some good intention though on certain issues but some painfully misguided.

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 14 Dec 2019, 23:06

hazzy wrote: 14 Dec 2019, 22:29 Hi CasRus,
I know the topic has gone on to Railways, however, thanks for you comments, I was a Union card Labour supporter many years ago, slowly but surely I saw the light, in the election I wanted "Brexit", but even so I just could have brought myself to vote Labour had there not been the "Brexit" issue, no way could I vote to put a man in power like Corbyn to lead the British people,. a man who is friends of the IRA, who have killed many British people,,,, a friend of Hamas and Hezbollah, who killed innocent Jews (remember Munich),,,, has praised the Venezuelan leader,,,, and is light on criticism of Russia (Salisbury),,,, and wont sing the National Anthem,,,, there's lots more reasons (which probably includes the rest of the pack) but thats enough to be going on with, I would think even WF10 would say he's not happy with that,,,,I know it's sad, but as a matter of interest I looked at most of the election results, I found out that at least eight and probably many more constituency results, if BP and Tory votes were added together the Labour winner would have lost, and of course that includes Normy/Cas/Ponte, but interestingly enough, "Pixie Balls" (not one mention of Brexit in her election leaflet) won by 1276, the Yorkshire Party had 1762 votes, what a waste,,, the Tory Party is NOT the same now, and Boris must be given a chance, and it's pointless protesting outside Downing Street, they must be brain dead and they impress nobody

Hi Hazzy, thanks again for your input and cannot fault anything you have mentioned.

Brexit ain’t going to be easy however if we all pull in one direction and take the rough with the smooth we can eventually make it work.

Also, It doesn’t have to be blue driven or red driven, it can be both working together to make this a great place to live and I think this is the one great opportunity now that the stubbornness of remaining red for so long has broken and having a Tory leader wishing to provide payback to the many lifelong Labour people who placed trust in him and which hopefully will get him firing up the North -( I’m sure it’s noted that it was Labour North and Not Labour South that gave him that support !).

We all know Boris makes gaffs and most likely to still do so (don’t we all !) but so long as they aren’t major ones he should turn out ok.

On the long haul, if we can start getting in trade deals and the USA is already talking a big tie up with us, then hopefully generation of jobs and money in will get us to be able to afford the services that are hugely demanding financially and provide for much better infrastructure.

The next few years are challenging and probably will have highs and lows but can be exciting also and the making of this country - so let’s hope we can cut out the negativity and start thinking positive for a change - it’s long overdue and I for one want everyone to be happy and positive.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 14 Dec 2019, 23:24

a bit like the election results this thread looks to have turned blue :D

hazzy

Post by hazzy » 15 Dec 2019, 00:16

They are conspicuous by their absence, probably because they believe what we say, or maybe not

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 15 Dec 2019, 10:47

:lol: have to laugh at McDonnell speaking with Andrew Marr this morning ‘my big thing now will be climate change’ and ‘we’ve now got a fossil fuel committed Government’ while sat in front of his roaring coal fire :lol:

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 15 Dec 2019, 10:54

I just saw that old Jezza has come out saying that he won the argument !!!!

Is he for real !!! The man is deluded and needs to be in a Funny Farm !!!

Just re- enforces why this man should not have led the country !!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 15 Dec 2019, 10:59

He’s totally deluded CasRus, and so are the rest of the cult members. It looks like we could be getting another Momentum backed Leader. I nearly choked on my coffee when McDonnell mentioned his preferred ‘dream team’ Long-Bailey, Rainer, Burgon and Butler :D

They never learn

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 15 Dec 2019, 11:33

alftupper wrote: 15 Dec 2019, 10:59 He’s totally deluded CasRus, and so are the rest of the cult members. It looks like we could be getting another Momentum backed Leader. I nearly choked on my coffee when McDonnell mentioned his preferred ‘dream team’ Long-Bailey, Rainer, Burgon and Butler :D

They never learn
Personally I would have recommended them to put Dianne Abbott in charge !! Ha ha !!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 15 Dec 2019, 12:16

I see Miss Piggy has been at it again, she literally hates Labour voters

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/politics/ ... rs-stupid/

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 15 Dec 2019, 12:58

Don’t want to bang my drum too much but ok I will :-

When the election was announced I predicted the Tory win between 10%-13% which was approx bang in the middle.

WF10 predicted Labour win by 20 seats.

Whose the Daddy !!
LOL !!

I’ll hope to pick up my winnings later WF10 if you are still reading !

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 15 Dec 2019, 13:00

He’ll be lurking don’t you worry just like the other Lefties

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 15 Dec 2019, 13:05

Good prediction CasRus and while we are blowing our collective trumpets here’s my original post on this thread of over 4 years ago and ever since our erstwhile Corbynista posters have argued the toss
alftupper wrote: 12 Sep 2015, 12:33 As a longtime Tory voter I think I can for once agree with the comrades of the Labour Party and say I am truly overjoyed with Jezza's landslide victory. His policy ideas really are quite frightening if it were not for the fact he stands as much chance of becoming PM as Shergar.

I am sure this will condemn Labour to decades of opposition and in-fighting and hopefully give the Conservative Party a chance to shift further to the Right.
Nailed it!

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 15 Dec 2019, 13:24

alftupper wrote: 15 Dec 2019, 13:05 Good prediction CasRus and while we are blowing our collective trumpets here’s my original post on this thread of over 4 years ago and ever since our erstwhile Corbynista posters have argued the toss
alftupper wrote: 12 Sep 2015, 12:33 As a longtime Tory voter I think I can for once agree with the comrades of the Labour Party and say I am truly overjoyed with Jezza's landslide victory. His policy ideas really are quite frightening if it were not for the fact he stands as much chance of becoming PM as Shergar.

I am sure this will condemn Labour to decades of opposition and in-fighting and hopefully give the Conservative Party a chance to shift further to the Right.
Nailed it!

Cracking Prediction from all that time ago !

What I am wondering are who are those 32% of people apart from the Marxist infiltrators who thought Labour are fit to lead the country !!!!

That really needs looking at also and suspect these are the people who need help so let’s see if Boris can filter down the help they really need - I still think an emergency tax for a year or two only say 2% on the higher end earners would help us over the impact of Brexit and channel this to the needy as I’m sure we can all dig into our pockets and actually show we do care and negate all this propaganda of the high end feathering their own nests ! I don’t think the high end would or could complain at that !