Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

General Chit-Chat is in here... New Members are invited to pop in and say hello!
CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Jeremy Corbyn new Labour leader Lol

Post by CasRus » 13 Dec 2019, 10:34

Did you see John Bercow’s face when the exit poll was announced ? Someone said it was as if he had just read his wife’s What’s App history !! Ha ha !!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 13 Dec 2019, 10:34

FTSE up 2% this morning as the city breaths a sigh of relief as the nightmare of McDonnell in no.11 disappears

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 13 Dec 2019, 10:40

incredible that Jezza says he’s going to stay on to oversee where they go in the immediate aftermath. I’m not complaining he’s the Conservative’s biggest selling point but after last night disaster he should have resigned already

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 13 Dec 2019, 10:44

Oh by the way, Boris hiding in the Fridge wasn’t half as bad as old Jezza hiding behind the benches when Boris challenged him to have an election in October and now we all know the reason why !!!

Oh Jeremy Corbyn , Oh Jeremy Corbyn !!

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 13 Dec 2019, 11:00

alftupper wrote: 13 Dec 2019, 10:40 incredible that Jezza says he’s going to stay on to oversee where they go in the immediate aftermath. I’m not complaining he’s the Conservative’s biggest selling point but after last night disaster he should have resigned already
I've had a word with him - he's staying into the new year so I win my bet with Adolf.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 13 Dec 2019, 11:05

WF10 wrote: 13 Dec 2019, 11:00
alftupper wrote: 13 Dec 2019, 10:40 incredible that Jezza says he’s going to stay on to oversee where they go in the immediate aftermath. I’m not complaining he’s the Conservative’s biggest selling point but after last night disaster he should have resigned already
I've had a word with him - he's staying into the new year so I win my bet with Adolf.

Now that’s what I call unconstitutional !!

A loss is a loss !

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 13 Dec 2019, 11:21

The Labour Party is it’s own worst enemy, in my opinion their fate was sealed way back in 2010 when they chose Ed Miliband over his brother David. I reckon it would have been oh so different. Enjoy your two decades in the wilderness.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 13 Dec 2019, 11:26

CasRus wrote: 13 Dec 2019, 11:05
WF10 wrote: 13 Dec 2019, 11:00

Now that’s what I call unconstitutional !!

A loss is a loss !
Wasn't the bet that he wouldn't be the leader of the party at the end of the year??

Just add it to the amount you give to the Salvation Army.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 13 Dec 2019, 11:27

alftupper wrote: 13 Dec 2019, 11:21 The Labour Party is it’s own worst enemy, in my opinion their fate was sealed way back in 2010 when they chose Ed Miliband over his brother David. I reckon it would have been oh so different. Enjoy your two decades in the wilderness.
David was stitched up and now look were Labour is.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 13 Dec 2019, 11:45

Darnsarf wrote: 13 Dec 2019, 09:53
alftupper wrote: 13 Dec 2019, 06:34 It now looks like the Conservatives are the new Party for blue collar workers. I never thought I’d see so many blue votes in ex-mining areas!
Meanwhile the spirit of Margaret Thatcher laughs in the face of those who were willing to fight for their livelihoods and their communities and who now have been well and truly betrayed by their heirs...
Labour have betrayed their traditional heartlands now. Looked down on by many of its shadow cabinet.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 13 Dec 2019, 11:49

duke street 10 wrote: 13 Dec 2019, 11:45
alftupper wrote: 13 Dec 2019, 06:34 It now looks like the Conservatives are the new Party for blue collar workers. I never thought I’d see so many blue votes in ex-mining areas!
Meanwhile the spirit of Margaret Thatcher laughs in the face of those who were willing to fight for their livelihoods and their communities and who now have been well and truly betrayed by their heirs...
Labour have betrayed their traditional heartlands now. Looked down on by many of its shadow cabinet.
indeed, one of the early leadership front runners sneered at someone because he had a white van parked on his drive and displaying the Cross of St George

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Dec 2019, 11:51

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 13 Dec 2019, 12:06

17,000 bad people in the distict then!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 13 Dec 2019, 12:07

Hey CasRus, there are a couple of our noisy regulars who are notable by their absence this morning :D

once again we’ll done to WF10 for facing up to the wreckage of the Labour result

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 13 Dec 2019, 12:09

duke street 10 wrote: 13 Dec 2019, 12:06 17,000 bad people in the distict then!

Labour have viewed their traditional voters with contempt over the years, parachuting in the Islington set into safe seats and sticking two fingers up to the electorate - Mary Creagh is a fine example

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 13 Dec 2019, 13:11

I'm sure you'll enjoy your moment Alfiebabe, and no doubt the benefits of Torys stealing from the poor to pay the rich, but this is a sad day for Britain. I'm confident that with such a huge majority, Johnson will completely ignore his election spending promises and go back to the same old, same old.

He will of course use the excuse of Brexit to suggest he doesn't have as much money to spend as he had hoped but the under lybing Tory mantra will be there for all to see.

Hopefully, Labour will now recognise the hopes and dremas of its previous core support and return to fughting for them at every opportunity.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 13 Dec 2019, 13:21

Flat Capper wrote: 13 Dec 2019, 13:11 I'm sure you'll enjoy your moment Alfiebabe, and no doubt the benefits of Torys stealing from the poor to pay the rich, but this is a sad day for Britain. I'm confident that with such a huge majority, Johnson will completely ignore his election spending promises and go back to the same old, same old.

He will of course use the excuse of Brexit to suggest he doesn't have as much money to spend as he had hoped but the under lybing Tory mantra will be there for all to see.

Hopefully, Labour will now recognise the hopes and dremas of its previous core support and return to fughting for them at every opportunity.
Hello Capper old lad, what a beautiful day! I’m glad you’ve turned up I was beginning to think you’d caught the morning flight to Venezuela.

‘a sad day for Britain’ how’s that? the people have spoken and democracy has been served. Try to accept it and it may help your healing process

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 13 Dec 2019, 13:27

Flat Capper wrote: 13 Dec 2019, 13:11 I'm sure you'll enjoy your moment Alfiebabe, and no doubt the benefits of Torys stealing from the poor to pay the rich, but this is a sad day for Britain. I'm confident that with such a huge majority, Johnson will completely ignore his election spending promises and go back to the same old, same old.

Capper, all your sensible Labour voters have now told you that your Labour manifesto was
Totally not credible and your Party was not allowing what they voted for.
We shall see what Boris has promised to do that he will do and that’s to put a sensible amount of money into the NHS and investing into trans pennine rail etc etc - you can only judge him in what he does and he may surprise you !

So let’s see as the jury is out for now as you just cannot keep making it up until he has been given the chance !

Jezza and McDonnell were too dangerous anyway l to risk our security also and that had a bearing also on the result.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 13 Dec 2019, 14:10

Brexit killed Labour - but I really don't see what else could have been done.

People wanted a firm position - Leave or Remain.

Pick a side though, and Labour loses half it's vote.

Go full remain then it loses the towns & villages.

Go full leave it loses the cities.

A poisoned chalice. It's [REMOVED] the party good and proper.

The referendum itself killed Labour. It's just taken three and a half years and two elections to finish it's job.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 13 Dec 2019, 14:14

Personally, I think going full Leave was the only option because it was the same one as the Tories.
The Lib Dems might have made some gains, but you wouldn't have seen the Tories taking so many votes from Labour on a Leave ticket. Both would have been on the same page there so it would have had to come down to the other policies.

That's hindsight though.

Labour trying to appease everyone worked to an extent in 2017, but two and a half years later people wanted a clear position and decided we didn't have one, so they were voting for the party that did.

For this, McDonnell has to take the lions share of the blame I reckon.