different rules ?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
black golf

different rules ?

Post by black golf » 09 Aug 2019, 17:16

I find it incredible, that after the debacle last week between Catalans and Warrington, 3 Catalan players who were cited by the disciplinary panel, were successfull with their appeals, it would appear that they are the newest member of the elite clubs who follow different rules from the rest of the competition. Does anyone agree ?

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: different rules ?

Post by flow » 09 Aug 2019, 18:23

black golf wrote:I find it incredible, that after the debacle last week between Catalans and Warrington, 3 Catalan players who were cited by the disciplinary panel, were successfull with their appeals, it would appear that they are the newest member of the elite clubs who follow different rules from the rest of the competition. Does anyone agree ?
yes and another thing that seams to have being brushed under rug is the crowd trouble . Cas have suffered large fines for incidents in stands, are well maybe warrington will now get club off year like widnes

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 09 Aug 2019, 18:29

I don't think it's been brushed under the carpet at all. The RFL are in the process of a full review of the events in the crowd at Perpingnon. Both clubs could get a massive fine and even a points deduction. We will see.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 09 Aug 2019, 22:48

Tigerade wrote:I don't think it's been brushed under the carpet at all. The RFL are in the process of a full review of the events in the crowd at Perpingnon. Both clubs could get a massive fine and even a points deduction. We will see.
but exactly the same was said about widnes mate and nothing was done and as we all know they got voted club of the season.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 09 Aug 2019, 23:08

Tigerade wrote:I don't think it's been brushed under the carpet at all. The RFL are in the process of a full review of the events in the crowd at Perpingnon. Both clubs could get a massive fine and even a points deduction. We will see.
The beauty of announcing a "full review" of something is that you can make it last long enough that people forget about it.

I'm not crying conspiracy yet, but as has been mentioned - the same year Widnes fans spent the challenge cup semi final embarrassing themselves and their club was the same year they won "club of the year" at the Man of Steel awards. Of course one should point out that this award was given for their youth development and onfield improvement (having made a semi final and qualified for the playoffs in a "top 8" playoff year, beating out Castleford to the award, who made the final and were top 4 in the same year, coming from approximately the same start point... But that's neither here nor there), and was not based on things like fan behaviour.

In any case, I am curious to see what, if anything, happens to Catalans and Warrington off the back of this, but I strongly suspect neither will suffer much in the way of punishment.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 09 Aug 2019, 23:53

The RFL and Super League are very consistent in their inconsistency.
Cas have faced fines and censure for a variety of offences.
Coach questioning the referee, infringing the pitch, plastic bottles thrown on the pitch, homophobic chants l would question some of
alleged offences, especially the homophobic chants, a few people
Singing a chant few could here and in terms of oppression it was at best ill informed humour but on the homophobic scale does not register much.
I have no truck with any form of discrimination.
Last weeks events were a massive blow to the sports image and played right into our detractors.
Once the RFL complete their investigation they need to look at the message they wish to convey.
The images of Perpignan were the worst example of the sport and sanctions should be both proportionate and a deterent.
Big fines to both clubs 8 points deduction.
Ey up we could make the top 5.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 10 Aug 2019, 08:22

I totally agree with all that's been said. But don't hold your breath.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 10 Aug 2019, 10:27

lurcher wrote:
but exactly the same was said about widnes mate and nothing was done and as we all know they got voted club of the season.
Yes, they did, and thoroughly deserved the award due to the outstanding work of the Widnes foundation.
A handful of glory supporters misbehaving in a cup semi-final shouldn't detract from those efforts.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 10 Aug 2019, 10:33

casjunction wrote:The RFL and Super League are very consistent in their inconsistency.
Cas have faced fines and censure for a variety of offences.
Coach questioning the referee, infringing the pitch, plastic bottles thrown on the pitch, homophobic chants l would question some of
alleged offences, especially the homophobic chants, a few people
Singing a chant few could here and in terms of oppression it was at best ill informed humour but on the homophobic scale does not register much.
I have no truck with any form of discrimination.
Last weeks events were a massive blow to the sports image and played right into our detractors.
Once the RFL complete their investigation they need to look at the message they wish to convey.
The images of Perpignan were the worst example of the sport and sanctions should be both proportionate and a deterent.
Big fines to both clubs 8 points deduction.
Ey up we could make the top 5.
Unfortunately the homophobic chanting did occur. I am one of the very few who have listened to the match recordings. However, I must add the club were royally turned over by Gareth Thomas agent who definitely used the incidence publicly to promote his new book. Sport England took a very dim view, their view was certainly poisoned against the club.
What should be noted is when I read the match commissioners report, there was no mention of untoward crowd activity whatsoever.
With regard to the bottle throwing incident, what many will not know us that the club had already received 2 seperate warnings for exactly the same thing.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Aug 2019, 10:45

A st helens supporters coach had it's window put through with a brick it's a snowball effect someone sees bad behaviour and they join in if the rl don't step in quick it will escalate
It used to be a common occurrence in the 70s and 80s to have bricks thrown at your bus coaches didn't set off from the ground to the motorway unless they had a police car with them god help us if we go back to those days
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 12 Aug 2019, 10:10

Casmania wrote:
lurcher wrote:
Yes, they did, and thoroughly deserved the award due to the outstanding work of the Widnes foundation.
A handful of glory supporters misbehaving in a cup semi-final shouldn't detract from those efforts.
I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but it wasn't a handful and we should have swept the board that year for not going on the pitch.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 12 Aug 2019, 10:33

Certainly not sarcasm. It is not team of the year, but club of the year. Which mainly awards the good work done off the pitch and the governance of the club itself.
As a trustee, I know the value of what a charitable foundation can achieve. The excellent work with supporters, the local community, businesses allied to the partnership with the Bobby Robson Trust deserved to be rewarded.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 13 Aug 2019, 12:58

Casmania wrote:Certainly not sarcasm. It is not team of the year, but club of the year. Which mainly awards the good work done off the pitch and the governance of the club itself.
As a trustee, I know the value of what a charitable foundation can achieve. The excellent work with supporters, the local community, businesses allied to the partnership with the Bobby Robson Trust deserved to be rewarded.
We did quite well that year but the disgraceful scenes at leigh and their hundred or so supporters made a mockery of the award.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 13 Aug 2019, 13:33

It's about community engagement and club governance, we are years behind, trust me.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 14 Aug 2019, 09:49

Casmania wrote:It's about community engagement and club governance, we are years behind, trust me.
I think we've come on leaps and bounds, tbh, I haven't noticed anything from widnes.. Did see the link up with Bobby Robson.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 Aug 2019, 12:51

Casmania wrote:It's about community engagement and club governance, we are years behind, trust me.
Their club governance is so good they got relegated and went into financial mire and are now going part-time.

Looks like we're years ahead, not years behind now. Maybe if they spent more time focusing on the pitch they wouldn't have got into that mess.

Not saying Cas can't do better but we seem to do a lot with the community, either through the club or through Tigers Trust.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!