Tigers TV

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Tigers TV

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 15 Apr 2019, 16:38

I’ve been looking at the possibility of getting Tigers TV, but found that there is little information as to how it works on the club website. Can anyone who has it help out please?Am I able to watch it on more than one device (like Or do I get a username & password that only works from one device? Cheers.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Tigers TV

Post by sparky49 » 15 Apr 2019, 16:47

steadygetyerboots-on wrote:I’ve been looking at the possibility of getting Tigers TV, but found that there is little information as to how it works on the club website. Can anyone who has it help out please?Am I able to watch it on more than one device (like Or do I get a username & password that only works from one device? Cheers.
I have tigers tv on my computer and i purchased a HDMi cable to run from my computer to my tv and i can now watch it on a 42inch screen. I can only control it from my computer for pause and play as that is the primary source, i hope this helps.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 15 Apr 2019, 16:53

steadygetyerboots-on wrote:I’ve been looking at the possibility of getting Tigers TV, but found that there is little information as to how it works on the club website. Can anyone who has it help out please?Am I able to watch it on more than one device (like Or do I get a username & password that only works from one device? Cheers.
You can log on multiple devices, not sure if you could at the same time to stream at the same time. I use on both a tablet via edge and iPhone via safari.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 Apr 2019, 17:46

You can log in from any device (e.g. mobile/tablet). You get a username and password, which you can use to log in. Haven't tried on two devices at once but can't imagine it will be a problem other than potentially kicking you out the other device.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 15 Apr 2019, 19:22

I have had tigers tv for some time & originally was able to go to the internet on my LG smart TV then onto the Castleford web site / Tigers TV but all that stopped just before Christmas due to a problem with Vimeo?
so now i have to use my i-pad & use the LG cast app to cast it onto my tv, which is a real faff, but im hoping that the problem with Vimeo will soon be resolved by mysportsonline?

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 15 Apr 2019, 19:30

Thanks everyone.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 16 Apr 2019, 08:40

yorky wrote:I have had tigers tv for some time & originally was able to go to the internet on my LG smart TV then onto the Castleford web site / Tigers TV but all that stopped just before Christmas due to a problem with Vimeo?
so now i have to use my i-pad & use the LG cast app to cast it onto my tv, which is a real faff, but im hoping that the problem with Vimeo will soon be resolved by mysportsonline?
My LG WebOS TV displays the site/video fine, so it's possible you have an older version of the browser software. Are there any software updates for your TV? (I mean firmware update, not App Store)

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 16 Apr 2019, 09:01

thanks Buratha, just been looking for an update option on my LG web service & there's no option, the only one that occasionally offers an update is youtube, but thanks for giving me some ideas.

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 16 Apr 2019, 09:23

What's your current (TV) software version? Mine had a recent update (Version 04.10.36) which was released on 23 March.

Just FYI - you won't get a firmware update from the Apps / content store - that's just for the extra multimedia/utilities that come installed. You need a firmware update that can be found in settings/options - general - about (from memory)

Alternatively, it might be worth taking a look here - https://www.lg.com/uk/support/software-firmware

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 16 Apr 2019, 11:43

My current software version is 05.05.55 & when i check for updates i get this "unable to check for updates" ](*,)

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 16 Apr 2019, 12:10

Have you tried searching for your TV in the link I've posted above? You may need to manually install the update, if there is one.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 16 Apr 2019, 12:12

yes i have & im unable to gain any info & i have just spoken to LG & they said that these kind of programs need a flash player that TV's dont have & if i have been able to watch it in the past then i have been luck & that the suppliers of the program must have altered the way they stream them which is why i cant watch it direct on my TV?

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 16 Apr 2019, 13:32

Flash? Most websites don't use flash any more - they tend to use HTML5. Sounds like the person you spoke to might not actually know what they're talking about.

What model TV do you have? Happy to chat away from here if you'd prefer?

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 16 Apr 2019, 13:41

email sent.