New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by flow » 13 Mar 2019, 10:14

HuddsTigers wrote:
flow wrote:as any body being meet the directors did any off axiom chaps turn up
I’ve literally posted what was said above.

And no, there wasn’t any Axiom guy there. Just the Directors and off field staff.
well that really fills me we confident they could not be bothered to turn up . Think cas directors are about as much in the know as your average fan some thing as important as this and that is all that was said what you have posted , thanks for feed back any way lad.

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 13 Mar 2019, 13:01

flow wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

And no, there wasn’t any Axiom guy there. Just the Directors and off field staff.
well that really fills me we confident they could not be bothered to turn up . Think cas directors are about as much in the know as your average fan some thing as important as this and that is all that was said what you have posted , thanks for feed back any way lad.

Why would they turn up ? They released a statement 2 weeks ago what more can they say ?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 Mar 2019, 14:00

flow wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

It's Meet the Directors. Axiom are not Directors of the club. It was never advised that they were going to turn up nor commented anywhere, other than speculation on here. Not being at the last CTSC meeting I can't comment on what was said by my guess is that they suggested they may get someone from Axiom to come down if they were available but with the statement released there was actually no need to.

Key points as above:
The club say the trigger point for finances being released is 70% - we're at 55%.
A statement was released two weeks ago detailing where everything is at.

To be honest, what information would you have liked to have known that you don't already know even if they had turned up?

Let's be fair, they could have turned up and told you they're still committed and reiterated their statement and you still wouldn't believe them, and would probably be here moaning still.

On another point, the club also said they have a plan B involving Wheldon Road but pointed out that the focus is very much on tv viewing figures at the moment and not facilities.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 13 Mar 2019, 14:07

HuddsTigers wrote: On another point, the club also said they have a plan B involving Wheldon Road
Thats interesting, Hudds. There wasn’t any further info regarding this was there?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 Mar 2019, 14:14

derbystiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote: On another point, the club also said they have a plan B involving Wheldon Road
Thats interesting, Hudds. There wasn’t any further info regarding this was there?
"IF - If (unlikely) worst case, Plan B is based around WR. Remember tho, SL is separate to RL and focus for SL is attendances and ratings, not facilities first n foremost."

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 13 Mar 2019, 14:19

HuddsTigers wrote:
derbystiger wrote:
"IF - If (unlikely) worst case, Plan B is based around WR. Remember tho, SL is separate to RL and focus for SL is attendances and ratings, not facilities first n foremost."
Cheers Hudds. I do think that attendances and facilities do go hand in hand a little though. We won’t grow attendences without improved facilities so it becomes a vicious circle.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 13 Mar 2019, 15:02

HuddsTigers wrote:
flow wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

It's Meet the Directors. Axiom are not Directors of the club. It was never advised that they were going to turn up nor commented anywhere, other than speculation on here. Not being at the last CTSC meeting I can't comment on what was said by my guess is that they suggested they may get someone from Axiom to come down if they were available but with the statement released there was actually no need to.

Key points as above:
The club say the trigger point for finances being released is 70% - we're at 55%.
A statement was released two weeks ago detailing where everything is at.

To be honest, what information would you have liked to have known that you don't already know even if they had turned up?

Let's be fair, they could have turned up and told you they're still committed and reiterated their statement and you still wouldn't believe them, and would probably be here moaning still.

On another point, the club also said they have a plan B involving Wheldon Road but pointed out that the focus is very much on tv viewing figures at the moment and not facilities.
I am only fishing for a start date lad between all the bull seems further away then ever .Lets see whats gets said after march 14th meeting

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 13 Mar 2019, 18:08

I won’t hold you breath on getting a start date after 14th. I’m sure I read somewhere that after the 14th there’s some
Changes to phase 1 that need approving before work kicks off and no date has been set. Sooo we wait but we wait having had a very positive update just a couple of weeks back and despite generally negativity we are closer to the start than ever before

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 13 Mar 2019, 18:30

Latest post in the Wakey stadium thread in Anything RL says WMDC are lending the Pussies 3.15m to buy back and upgrade Belle View. At least we know what plan b will be!
Spreading the Cas gene pool

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 Mar 2019, 18:36

Updated plans for Phases 1 and 2a are still pending approval with WMDC, HOWEVER, they have been previously approved here under original plans. https://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/onlin ... STSQQJ9P00

There's no meeting set for the updated versions yet to be approved - to be honest it hasn't been touched since last October. I do wonder if the council's plans for Ponte Park and the new swimming pool are having a knock on effect in terms of the wider highways, hence the delay for this one. But since they're only an amendment, I can't see any problem with these getting through either.

And flow, as for our start date, they're never going to tell you 'we're going to start on the 26th August at 9am, Jeff's going to bring the Yorkshire tea and McVities biscuits at 8:30am before we start'. One because there could be any delay, and two I'm pretty sure they don't have an actual date in mind yet. They'll probably have project dates they're ticking off but inevitably changing as the next step gets ticked off.

They will never ever commit until something is set in stone. They've said they want to be on-site in (late) summer, and that's the best you're going to get for now old bean. Time to relax for a bit and let's see how things pan out over tomorrow and the coming months.

Key is that we've got outline planning permission done and dusted, phases 1 and 2a have been approved once before already, Phases 2b, 3 and 4 are set to be approved tomorrow.

Essentially every main planning hurdles has been passed, while a lot of planning conditions tied to the consents have already been ticked off too.

We have 55% of retailers signed up with only another 15% needed to unlock funding. Tying all this together, we are very, very close - closer than we've ever been, including with the Waystone application.

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 13 Mar 2019, 18:49

derbystiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
derbystiger wrote:
Cheers Hudds. I do think that attendances and facilities do go hand in hand a little though. We won’t grow attendences without improved facilities so it becomes a vicious circle.
I think most people come to see a winning team not the facility’s the way to grow attendances is to create a team capable of winning trophies unfortunately we are still short of 2 or 3 players to do that.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Mar 2019, 18:53

Flat Capper wrote:Latest post in the Wakey stadium thread in Anything RL says WMDC are lending the Pussies 3.15m to buy back and upgrade Belle View. At least we know what plan b will be!
Well that's a surprise last time I asked someone if money could be made available to help Wakefield or cas for that matter that didn't seem high on the agenda WMDC had
Suddenly they have found 3.15 million spare to lend to wakey
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 13 Mar 2019, 19:18

Firstly, I would ask where as the 3 million + come from ? We are about to get our council tax bills in the next few days and I for one am expecting a bit of a hike in price.

Secondly, what are the details of how Wakey will pay back the loan ? What is the timescale ? What if they go into admin' again ?

Thirdly, does anyone else find it strange that just as we are about to have (hopefully) our bit of good news tommorrow the council find over 3 million quid down the back of the sofa for Wakey ? Could it be ten million split 3 ways with us and Fev included ?

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Mar 2019, 19:22

Flat Capper wrote:Latest post in the Wakey stadium thread in Anything RL says WMDC are lending the Pussies 3.15m to buy back and upgrade Belle View. At least we know what plan b will be!
I'll be very surprised were that to happen. We have no collateral to borrow this money against, it would be a massive risk in today's economic climate. Could the council buy BV and loan it back to us on a 100yr lease? That way if we defaulted on any payments they could boot us out and sell on the land. My guess and this is an absolute guess, Yorkcourt (boooo) I believe want to build houses on Thornes park, WMDC give them planning permission that they are currently struggling to get. Yorkcourt as a sweetener buy BV from Manni Hussain and donate to WMDC. Or am I just dreaming? :)

Edit....Got that completely wrong, WMDC have loaned Trinity £3.15M! Absolutely shocked by that.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Mar 2019, 20:22

Anybody else think there's something fishy going on here ?
Vince Lombardi

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 13 Mar 2019, 21:59

It gets better when you read this :-

https://mobile.twitter.com/winitycats/s ... 9435323392

Phil Townsend (SWAG) (a.k.a TRB on RLFans.com) eludes to an additional £2 million payout from the council towards the re-development of Belle Vue. He also states that the £3.15 million loan is for the buy-back of the stadium only. Manni Hussain (the current owner) of M88 group as made a royal killing out of this !

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 14 Mar 2019, 00:10

Tigerade wrote:It gets better when you read this :-

Phil Townsend (SWAG) (a.k.a TRB on RLFans.com) eludes to an additional £2 million payout from the council towards the re-development of Belle Vue. He also states that the £3.15 million loan is for the buy-back of the stadium only. Manni Hussain (the current owner) of M88 group as made a royal killing out of this !
I’m sure if Axiom could get £5 million from the council then they would be willing to crack on with our stadium without the extra 15-20% occupancy take-up. Maybe we should start pressurising the council.

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 14 Mar 2019, 00:50

The Firm wrote:

I’m sure if Axiom could get £5 million from the council then they would be willing to crack on with our stadium without the extra 15-20% occupancy take-up. Maybe we should start pressurising the council.

I don’t think it’s as simple as that, Axiom do not have the funds at the moment. The full funds will only be released for the whole project once they reach the agreed occupancy levels. As it’s stands lateral do not have the funds . It’s about the long term income the shopping centre will generate from store leases.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 14 Mar 2019, 04:07

The link's not working Tigerade, I've looked on Phils Twitter and can't see anywhere that Trinity are to get an extra £2M towards the refurb, re post the Twitter addy would you? ;)

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Mar 2019, 06:21

It says on the Wakefield forum the council have taken out the 3 million plus loan on Wakefields behalf
Seems like a life-line for them but they will have to hope the revamped belle-vue will bring more support in or they could be in trouble
Vince Lombardi