Salary cap relief

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Salary cap relief

Post by betts21 » 12 Jan 2019, 19:06

End of day all clubs agreed for us could be a godsend to get a Class player if he becomes available instead of battering it out against other teams at the end of the year. Tbf unless a real player who Powell wants comes available or we really struggle I doubt we will use it.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 12 Jan 2019, 20:43

End of the day we haven't broken any rules so supporters of other clubs can moan all they like. The rules are clearly set and it's a level playing field and you use the rules to maximise what you can spend to your advantage

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 12 Jan 2019, 21:13

braytontiger wrote:End of the day we haven't broken any rules so supporters of other clubs can moan all they like. The rules are clearly set and it's a level playing field and you use the rules to maximise what you can spend to your advantage

Spot on brayton.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 15 Jan 2019, 12:38

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 15 Jan 2019, 18:21

Keithy wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
Keithy wrote:Just thought that I'd like to say that personally I don't agree with any form of salary cap relief. All clubs agreed to a salary cap and form their squads up to that amount or the amount that they have to allocate to players wages.

We all know that injuries form part of our game and Gale's injury is no different to any other that Cas or any other side has had or are now dealing with. This is why we have a squad of players, some young and some with experience who the coach decides will cover said injury.

Should Cas decide at some point to utilise this salary cap relief then it only smacks in the face of those squad players waiting for their opportunity to shine in the 1st team. Just to say in my mind it is totally wrong.
Thank god you’re not in charge of the wage budget.
Care to expand? As I said I don't agree with the rule that's in place.
I mean, if you’d have had a bee in your bonnet and been in charge, it wouldn’t have been exactly good.
Audacter Et Sincere

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 16 Jan 2019, 17:49

several clubs have used the dispensations that are available under the rules, But they don't broadcast it unlike cas have done then the dickheads on here shout and moan about it. its not breaking the rules its there for all to use if they chose to do so. I would like to bet Wigan have made use of it more than once, And Wire.