Not where we want to be

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Not where we want to be

Post by SREGITSAC » 30 Dec 2018, 21:10

It’s don’t mean the marketing team, the guys running the show and making the decisions

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 30 Dec 2018, 22:56

The AGM was so good that we never voted on last year’s minutes

Also Ian was wrong in his point as Lofthouse has pointed out.

Voting was and is a waste of time when they vote to issue even more shares for nothing.

When the team hit a sticky patch then will be time to judge.

There are too many good people being fobbed off by the control freaks.
It’s sad but it will all end badly in my opinion
Robbo
Truth is always best !

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 31 Dec 2018, 00:55

For me there is an awful lot of the future of the club riding on the new stadium as this appears to be the only way the Fulton’s can be repaid. In the current climate of brexit, and any other excuses, I can’t see the investment of the new stadium going ahead. The longer it takes the more I feel things will only become very difficult to move forward with any confidence.

On field is going well and could be sustained for the next few years. Better decisions are being made and more people are doing more for the club and all appears well. We are in a good place in many areas just now. Long may this continue.

In view of how some things have been done regarding shares and the way the control of the club has been handed to one person I am not so sure that in the next 5 years thingsi will be as good as they are just now.

I do not like or agree with the way the club has more or less been handed on a plate to one person and for this I see one man as the big reason why. Too many unanswered questions for me and Ibfeel we will never find out until it’s too late. I have no issue with the loans owed but the way things are being handled is very very poor in my view. We shall see.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 31 Dec 2018, 15:05

All this doom and gloom must be contagious. It hasn't gone unnoticed by our near neighbor's over t'common :-

http://retro.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=620629

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Jan 2019, 11:05

I've no problem with people questioning things we should always be looking to be better rarther than saying look how well we've done last few years
Doubt we will ever have a chance like this again with the coach we have the squad we've got the fantastic support we have for a town of just over 40,000 people and the chance of a new ground
Happy New year everybody
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 02 Jan 2019, 17:33

Robbo wrote:The AGM was so good that we never voted on last year’s minutes

Also Ian was wrong in his point as Lofthouse has pointed out.

Voting was and is a waste of time when they vote to issue even more shares for nothing.

When the team hit a sticky patch then will be time to judge.

There are too many good people being fobbed off by the control freaks.
It’s sad but it will all end badly in my opinion
Robbo
You obviously know far more about this than the majority on here Robbo, so can you explain to me and probably others, if Cas hit this "sticky patch" what do you think will happen? What is the nightmare scenario? Not on a wind up here just interested to see what you think will happen and why?

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 02 Jan 2019, 17:50

If we have a bad season, most teams could have this scenario, then the consequences are falling attendances. If we have a bad run with injuries, as any team could, this will also impact their n things.

The big problem I feel is if the new stadium doesn’t happen, why does anyone think it will just now with the state of the country and brexit issues, this is where things get sticky for want of another phrase. No new ground, stay at WR will mean there isn’t any money to improve it. If the loans outstanding are called in then unless there is anyone out there willing to pay the current owner then we are either out of business or the current continues to keep the loan in place.

When you hear what he has done so far this for me is far more worrying than having a bad season or two. If we have a bad season or two and there isn’t any money to improve the squad, as the current situation appears to be, then would the coach stay in place? If not then what?

Having said this I feel we have the coach to win us trophies, the players if we stay fit can challenge and the crowds should be good if these two things happen. We have had some good years since DP was put in place and he seems to be a loyal kind of guy so for me looking good just now.

It’s the off field antics that are the concern for me. Do I trust IF and the BOD? No I don’t, not one bit.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 02 Jan 2019, 19:22

I worry the BOD is no longer balanced in the sense they have removed shareholders.
As there is little that I can do it’s a case of enjoying the match and let them get on with it.
We have no plan b and the ground is not going to happen in my opinion.
So we need some serious cash very soon
Robbo
Truth is always best !

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 02 Jan 2019, 20:43

Robbo wrote:I worry the BOD is no longer balanced in the sense they have removed shareholders.
As there is little that I can do it’s a case of enjoying the match and let them get on with it.
We have no plan b and the ground is not going to happen in my opinion.
So we need some serious cash very soon
Robbo
agreed

Tycho Nestoris

Post by Tycho Nestoris » 04 Jan 2019, 10:10

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:If we have a bad season, most teams could have this scenario, then the consequences are falling attendances. If we have a bad run with injuries, as any team could, this will also impact their n things.

The big problem I feel is if the new stadium doesn’t happen, why does anyone think it will just now with the state of the country and brexit issues, this is where things get sticky for want of another phrase. No new ground, stay at WR will mean there isn’t any money to improve it. If the loans outstanding are called in then unless there is anyone out there willing to pay the current owner then we are either out of business or the current continues to keep the loan in place.

When you hear what he has done so far this for me is far more worrying than having a bad season or two. If we have a bad season or two and there isn’t any money to improve the squad, as the current situation appears to be, then would the coach stay in place? If not then what?

Having said this I feel we have the coach to win us trophies, the players if we stay fit can challenge and the crowds should be good if these two things happen. We have had some good years since DP was put in place and he seems to be a loyal kind of guy so for me looking good just now.

It’s the off field antics that are the concern for me. Do I trust IF and the BOD? No I don’t, not one bit.
If Mr Caddick had takeover many moons ago, just think how different things could have been. Imagine the new south stand in place of our aging wooden stand!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 04 Jan 2019, 16:53

Well if you believe some people he was turned away and the rest as they say is history.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 14 Jan 2019, 19:02

Hearing it’s been fun and games in the sun!
Truth is always best !

Raj Poot Wildcat
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Raj Poot Wildcat » 14 Jan 2019, 19:46

Robbo wrote:Hearing it’s been fun and games in the sun!
My source tells me of 2 prominent 1st teamers having a 'fall out' ?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Jan 2019, 20:09

Been the battle of the Alamo or handbags at five paces ...depending on who you believe
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 14 Jan 2019, 20:25

tigerfeat wrote:Been the battle of the Alamo or handbags at five paces ...depending on who you believe
photos on facebook all looks normal in less somebody had eaten ellis pudding :lol: :lol: :liar:

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 14 Jan 2019, 21:57

Raj Poot Wildcat wrote:
Robbo wrote:Hearing it’s been fun and games in the sun!
My source tells me of 2 prominent 1st teamers having a 'fall out' ?
My souces LMAO you mean people on facebook then

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 14 Jan 2019, 22:06

RUMOURS

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 15 Jan 2019, 19:07

casjunction wrote:RUMOURS
Bit more than that!
These things happen.
Not sure I am a fan of this break pre season as coming back to the cold you feel even more miserable.
However in DP I trust as I like him.
Pretty sure he would not of been too happy
Robbo
Truth is always best !

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 15 Jan 2019, 20:12

I find myself in agreement on this one Robbo( did l really say that!)
Warm weather training to play games in February in England.
Climate change hasn't gone that far yet.
As for what may or may not have gone on hopefully Sunday will answer it's effectiveness.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 15 Jan 2019, 20:29

after last years warm weather training & the result at st's im waiting to see if we have learned owt :roll: