Jordan rankin

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Jordan rankin

Post by lurcher » 10 Jan 2019, 00:52

Mucky1978 wrote:Been decent everytime iv seen him and got to be better then Aston saying that my grandma would be better
then Aston
your grandma would have a chance as she wouldn't have mark aston in her lug telling her to do different to what powell does.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 10 Jan 2019, 11:01

Don’t think rankin would be a replacement for gale, but in principle sounds a reasonable option for us, freeing up some space on the cap too as I’d imagine he’d be on 25% less than Wardle.
Clarkson in to cover Wardle departure in 2nd 2. Rankin in as utility value / cover all across all back positions.

Top draw # 7 brought in, job done. Sort of. For now.

Expect inward transfer mid season with players not getting game time......?
Audacter Et Sincere

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 10 Jan 2019, 13:36

The clarkson deal makes sense if the idea was to swap a backrower for rankin. Hope it comes off

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Rankin

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 10 Jan 2019, 14:01

I would take this swap as we need cover in the backs just now and we also get rid of a high salary and a player that has done nothing and won’t do anything for us.

Wardle has been a massive flop as many people said he would be when we signed him.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 10 Jan 2019, 14:02

Hull KR have Crooks, Keinhorst, Linnett and Vaivai all fighting for the centre spots. Surely we could loan one of them and give them game time.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 10 Jan 2019, 14:23

heritage1926 wrote:Hull KR have Crooks, Keinhorst, Linnett and Vaivai all fighting for the centre spots. Surely we could loan one of them and give them game time.
Crooks n keinhorst no better than Minikin
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 10 Jan 2019, 14:52

Mysterio wrote:Don’t think rankin would be a replacement for gale, but in principle sounds a reasonable option for us, freeing up some space on the cap too as I’d imagine he’d be on 25% less than Wardle.
Clarkson in to cover Wardle departure in 2nd 2. Rankin in as utility value / cover all across all back positions.

I was having a think about it last night and had a chat with a mate of mine who I go to the games with and I've changed my mind and come round to this way of thinking. When you sit back and think, way up the options, it starts to make a little sense.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 10 Jan 2019, 15:20

Was Macca in, Moore out our last swop.???
And the rest as they say...........

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 10 Jan 2019, 17:21

Mysterio wrote:Don’t think rankin would be a replacement for gale, but in principle sounds a reasonable option for us, freeing up some space on the cap too as I’d imagine he’d be on 25% less than Wardle.

This ^^
When you look at it like Rankin & Clarkson for Wardle - sounds good to me.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 10 Jan 2019, 17:43

derbystiger wrote:

I was having a think about it last night and had a chat with a mate of mine who I go to the games with and I've changed my mind and come round to this way of thinking. When you sit back and think, way up the options, it starts to make a little sense.
Sounds like you had to be talked down off a ledge...I’d rather we sign a superstar, but, if we get rid of 1 bloke and get 2 who will probably take up the same money it makes sense as that 1 bloke hasn’t impressed at all.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 10 Jan 2019, 18:22

bane73 wrote:
derbystiger wrote:

Sounds like you had to be talked down off a ledge...I’d rather we sign a superstar, but, if we get rid of 1 bloke and get 2 who will probably take up the same money it makes sense as that 1 bloke hasn’t impressed at all.
Well, they do say it's good to talk :D

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 10 Jan 2019, 19:19

derbystiger wrote:
bane73 wrote:
derbystiger wrote:

Well, they do say it's good to talk :D
:dance: :D :D
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 11 Jan 2019, 15:32

Richard Thewlis confirms deal highly likely and could be done as early as today . Managing director at Huddersfield

Taken from Matthew Shaw Twitter
🐯 COYF!

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 11 Jan 2019, 16:04

Has a squad player that can cover three positions its good business but if its a direct replacement in the halves for gale I'm not sure he's better than we have tbh. Probably signals the end of the road for benny which is of no surprise.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 11 Jan 2019, 17:46

He’s only just gone 27 (dec)
With Powell’s magical hands he could make a good utility in the back line.
Only wish he could have had a full preseason with us.

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 11 Jan 2019, 19:38

Rankin has signed . He’s flying out tomorrow and Wardle is flying back tonight. Expect confirmation on site in the next hour or so .

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 11 Jan 2019, 20:06

Rankin plays wing and kicks... perhaps what we have been looking for! I do think I’d prefer a fit benny in the halves still.

True-supporter
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by True-supporter » 12 Jan 2019, 13:34

We require a top half back to replace a man of steel and end up with a player who looks like a mediocre. Let
Hope we have a plan b.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 12 Jan 2019, 13:42

True-supporter wrote:We require a top half back to replace a man of steel and end up with a player who looks like a mediocre. Let
Hope we have a plan b.
:lol:
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 12 Jan 2019, 14:03

True-supporter wrote:We require a top half back to replace a man of steel and end up with a player who looks like a mediocre. Let
Hope we have a plan b.
Don’t worry yourself it’s not like you will be there to see it