Luke Gale

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Luke Gale

Post by TheSheriff » 09 Jan 2019, 23:47

Tigerwood posse wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Rankins a decent player
hes gash
And you've repeatedly and continue to show you know naff all about the game.

Do you still think the club should fold, by the way?

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 10 Jan 2019, 10:33

If we are signing someone.

1) It should be making use of our quote spot

2) It should be a long term option to eventually replace Luke. Especially when Roberts will leave at the end of his contract.

We don't need an average stop gap.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 10 Jan 2019, 11:09

braytontiger wrote:
Brainyfrainy wrote:
JSLisnotaprop wrote:
braytontiger wrote:I think people just pluck names out of the air.

Absolutely no chance of bringing anyone in until we've tried what we've already got.why bring in a player that doesn't know the players,the club or our systems whilst leaving players that have been here a Long time twiddling there fingers sat in the stands.
Because if you’d like to actually challenge for silverware then what we have isn’t good enough I’m afraid.

IMO it’s not good enough to put pressure on the top 4 this season.

Praise the lord! Someone who speaks sense !
So making a panic signing is going to improve our chances.?

Time will tell you may we be right as its a very competitive league London aside. Like everyone else I'd like us to make a signing or two but been realistic who is available that would improve our chances at this moment in time? Jordan Rankin,not for me he would add utility value and be a good squad player that could cover 2/3 positions but worth losing our quota spot for? What if an overseas player became available that would improve our chances later in the year.

It's all well and good to keep banging on about how where not good enough but the reality is we don't have an open cheque book and you can only sign what's available if it fits your budget.

Who said anything about panic signings?
The club knew they weren’t renewing contracts for Webster and Jy during last season so they’ve had a lot longer than just the off season to look for replacements.

Instead we will take the typical Cas approach and patch the team up with players who aren’t good enough and/or players playing out of position.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 10 Jan 2019, 11:11

braytontiger wrote:
Brainyfrainy wrote:
JSLisnotaprop wrote:

Absolutely no chance of bringing anyone in until we've tried what we've already got.why bring in a player that doesn't know the players,the club or our systems whilst leaving players that have been here a Long time twiddling there fingers sat in the stands.
Because if you’d like to actually challenge for silverware then what we have isn’t good enough I’m afraid.

Praise the lord! Someone who speaks sense !
So making a panic signing is going to improve our chances.?

Time will tell you may we be right as its a very competitive league London aside. Like everyone else I'd like us to make a signing or two but been realistic who is available that would improve our chances at this moment in time? Jordan Rankin,not for me he would add utility value and be a good squad player that could cover 2/3 positions but worth losing our quota spot for? What if an overseas player became available that would improve our chances later in the year.

It's all well and good to keep banging on about how where not good enough but the reality is we don't have an open cheque book and you can only sign what's available if it fits your budget.
I don’t think London will be easy beats. Not early on in the season at least anyway.
Audacter Et Sincere

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 10 Jan 2019, 11:16

By christ I wish dp new half as much as these moronic arm chair coaches on here.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 10 Jan 2019, 11:18

Whilst not ideal I can see the sense in the wardle/rankin swap.we get rid of an underperforming/unhappy player and get a very versatile back which given our lack of depth there will come in very handy over the course of the season.add to that the possibility of clarkson signing as a back up second rower and wardle replacement but at a fraction of the price I can see why the club might see it as a good move.

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 10 Jan 2019, 13:05

Have a look at rankin on you tube there’s quite lot of action about him where he scores some excellent long distance try’s he certainly does not look crap like a lot on here are portraying him,definitely worth watching

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 10 Jan 2019, 13:39

Oldcasman wrote:Have a look at rankin on you tube there’s quite lot of action about him where he scores some excellent long distance try’s he certainly does not look crap like a lot on here are portraying him,definitely worth watching
Rankin as always reminded me of Ryan McGoldrick, shows some lovely touches but very prone to brain farts.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 10 Jan 2019, 13:44

dettoriman wrote:If we are signing someone.

1) It should be making use of our quote spot

2) It should be a long term option to eventually replace Luke. Especially when Roberts will leave at the end of his contract.

We don't need an average stop gap.
Absolutely this :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 10 Jan 2019, 13:45

JSLisnotaprop wrote:

And this :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 10 Jan 2019, 16:40

Sharlotiger wrote:
Oldcasman wrote:Have a look at rankin on you tube there’s quite lot of action about him where he scores some excellent long distance try’s he certainly does not look crap like a lot on here are portraying him,definitely worth watching
Rankin as always reminded me of Ryan McGoldrick, shows some lovely touches but very prone to brain farts.
McGoldrick couldn't lace Rankin's boots. Yeah he made a few errors at Hull but since he left them he's been a much better player.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 10 Jan 2019, 20:30

Operation done.
Wishing Luke a speedy and successful recovery.

Brainyfrainy

Post by Brainyfrainy » 10 Jan 2019, 22:12

bane73 wrote:By christ I wish dp new half as much as these moronic arm chair coaches on here.
You are a proper moron you!

What is the forum for? Sharing opinions a***hole!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 11 Jan 2019, 13:18

old cas lass wrote:Operation done.
Wishing Luke a speedy and successful recovery.
Good to hear, get back as soon as, Galey. Best of luck.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Ronnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ronnie » 11 Jan 2019, 13:24

Confirmed that we have been given salary cap relief, so surely we wouldn't ask for that unless we had someone in mind

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Jan 2019, 13:40

Ronnie wrote:Confirmed that we have been given salary cap relief, so surely we wouldn't ask for that unless we had someone in mind
Or we have done it so we are in a position to act fast should someone become available??
Last edited by Fumper27 on 11 Jan 2019, 13:53, edited 1 time in total.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 11 Jan 2019, 13:42

Fumper27 wrote:
Ronnie wrote:Confirmed that we have been given salary cap relief, so surely we wouldn't ask for that unless we had someone in mind
Or we have down it so we are in a position to act fast should someone become available??
The most likely scenario Ala Mata’utia, Watts, savelio etc.
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 11 Jan 2019, 13:42

Brainyfrainy wrote:
bane73 wrote:By christ I wish dp new half as much as these moronic arm chair coaches on here.
You are a proper moron you!

What is the forum for? Sharing opinions a***hole!
Did you type that yourself or did your care worker do it for you?
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Ronnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ronnie » 11 Jan 2019, 14:02

Deal done for the Rankin/Wardle swap deal, will be announced shortly. All makes sense with Clarkson coming in as stated on the Rumour Thread

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 11 Jan 2019, 14:06

I am happy with this as Wardle isn’t good enough and we have plenty of cover in the forwards. Might just save us a few bob as well. Good business in my eyes.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: