shot clocks

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

shot clocks

Post by flow » 01 Jan 2019, 15:03

interesting new rule change should speed up the game just hope wigan and leeds clock goes same speed as Ares lol. not too sure how its going to work like . Using leeds and cas friendly as a trial for it

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: shot clocks

Post by derbystiger » 01 Jan 2019, 15:41

Should be a decent change. The one I'm not in favour of is golden point

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 01 Jan 2019, 15:48

All the changes put the emphasis on speed and stamina,skill. Think it could be good for us.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 01 Jan 2019, 15:50

braytontiger wrote:All the changes put the emphasis on speed and stamina,skill. Think it could be good for us.
I agree, I just don't see why we need golden point. Sometimes a draw is the right result

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 01 Jan 2019, 15:54

derbystiger wrote:
braytontiger wrote:All the changes put the emphasis on speed and stamina,skill. Think it could be good for us.
I agree, I just don't see why we need golden point. Sometimes a draw is the right result
I can see the logic a bit like penalties in football its not everyone's cup of tea but it can make for great viewing. Its not going to happen every week for a team it might not happen at all.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 01 Jan 2019, 16:07

Cas v Wigan or saint or any other club over the pennies, Thursday night.
Full time 18 18 clock says 10pm.
The game could go on for another 10/15/20 mins until a drop goal goes over.
Meaning fans arnt gonna get back to buses until 10.30pm or even later, nice way to stop kids from following there team, it could be nearly 12.30/1am when fans will get home.
Bloody ridiculous.
As you can tell I’m not for it.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 01 Jan 2019, 16:24

old cas lass wrote:Cas v Wigan or saint or any other club over the pennies, Thursday night.
Meaning fans arnt gonna get back to buses until 10.30pm or even later, nice way to stop kids from following there team, it could be nearly 12.30/1am when fans will get home.
Bloody ridiculous.
And this part could drag it out even longer OCL

'In addition, in the last five minutes of each fixture, the clock will automatically be stopped following a penalty or a drop goal that goes out of the field of play, or a conversion - or after a try, if a team chooses not to take the conversion attempt.

That process will be extended if the scores are level at full-time by the introduction of Golden Point extra time, providing two five-minute periods in which to determine a winner.'

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 01 Jan 2019, 16:25

braytontiger wrote:
derbystiger wrote:
I can see the logic a bit like penalties in football its not everyone's cup of tea but it can make for great viewing. Its not going to happen every week for a team it might not happen at all.
I agree with it in knock out cup games, but not league games

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 01 Jan 2019, 16:34

Just need to stop the constant fannying about with the rules and drop the fascination with the NRL.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 01 Jan 2019, 17:00

old cas lass wrote:Cas v Wigan or saint or any other club over the pennies, Thursday night.
Bloody ridiculous.
Seriously is the slim chance that the game may run for another 15 minutes really going to stop anyone going,I'd say that if that's the case it's more than likely that you wouldn't be going anyhow regardless of a possible draw.

Where probably talking about 5 to 10 games a season across the league.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 01 Jan 2019, 17:08

On the rare occasion that the extra 10mins happens you’ll probably find the fixture won’t go on much longer than normal, probably more like 5 mins vs current match length, as the shot clock will stop a hell of a lot of time wasting.

Don’t see that much point in giving them an extra 10mins to avoid it being a draw but then it being a draw if nothing happens in that period.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 01 Jan 2019, 17:10

braytontiger wrote:
Bloody ridiculous.
Seriously is the slim chance that the game may run for another 15 minutes really going to stop anyone going,I'd say that if that's the case it's more than likely that you wouldn't be going anyhow regardless of a possible draw.

Who knows until it happens.
Won’t stop me going, though I don’t go to many games over the pennies.
What I’m saying if parents look at it like I have it COULD put fans off travelling due to the late arrival time back in cas, it’s a scenario.

JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 01 Jan 2019, 17:12

braytontiger wrote:
Bloody ridiculous.

Agreed, yes there is a chance but it’s extremely unlikely.

I for one like the idea, it will bring added excitement to televised games for the neutrals.

JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 01 Jan 2019, 17:16

old cas lass wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Bloody ridiculous.

What I’m saying if parents look at it like I have it COULD put fans off travelling due to the late arrival time back in cas, it’s a scenario.
The best excuse I’ve possibly heard, I’m not going to a game in case it’s a draw :lol: :lol:

I understand what you’re saying but I think that’s really clutching at straws.
IMO, Thursday night games are crap and should be the closer matches only to help fans,
cas vs Leeds/wakey/Huddersfield/hull

Not games at the other side of the pennines, contending with the full stretch of the M62, that’s definitely off putting!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 01 Jan 2019, 17:23

JSLisnotaprop wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Bloody ridiculous.

The best excuse I’ve possibly heard, I’m not going to a game in case it’s a draw :lol: :lol:

IMO, Thursday night games are crap and should be the closer matches only to help fans,

Not games at the other side of the penines, contending with the full stretch of the M62, that’s definitely off putting!
Who’s made an excuse of not going because it could be a draw......NOT ME.
I said I don’t go to many games over the pennies anyway.

I agree Thursday nights are ridiculous, especially for a Yorkshire club to travel over the Pennines and vice versa. But they are here and it happens.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 01 Jan 2019, 17:38

old cas lass wrote:
JSLisnotaprop wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Bloody ridiculous.

Leave it lass. Some on here could have an argument in an empty room!!!

Not games at the other side of the penines, contending with the full stretch of the M62, that’s definitely off putting!

I agree Thursday nights are ridiculous, especially for a Yorkshire club to travel over the Pennines and vice versa. But they are here and it happens.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 01 Jan 2019, 17:44

What they need to do is put a shot clock on video ref that’ll speed things up.

JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 01 Jan 2019, 17:44

old cas lass wrote:
JSLisnotaprop wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Bloody ridiculous.

You suggested it could put the fans off,
That to me suggests an excuse to not go to games!

I never said yourself, take it easy on me OCL I’m still new to this forum :lol:

JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 01 Jan 2019, 17:46

TT Tiger wrote:What they need to do is put a shot clock on video ref that’ll speed things up.
:clap:
I know someone mentioned on this thread not comparing the game to the NRL but when you compare the speed in decision making by the Video ref we are appalling.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 01 Jan 2019, 17:50

flow wrote:interesting new rule change should speed up the game just hope wigan and leeds clock goes same speed as Ares lol. not too sure how its going to work like . Using leeds and cas friendly as a trial for it
We need it most. Luke Gale takes a day and age to kick goals.