Vs fev

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Vs fev

Post by gateman » 31 Dec 2018, 21:44

for a number of years I have been advocating that fans should go to watch our young players it seems to be the same people that turn up every week, free entry with your season ticket is one of the reasons I buy one, just one gripe is most of the matches clash with the TV match on Thursday night,

Tigerg
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerg » 31 Dec 2018, 23:33

I genuinely think Powell sees Turner as our starting fullback in the near future and that’s why the club aren’t going all out to sign a centre as Peanut will end up there. Will happen as early as this season IMO

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 31 Dec 2018, 23:47

Tigerg wrote:I genuinely think Powell sees Turner as our starting fullback in the near future and that’s why the club aren’t going all out to sign a centre as Peanut will end up there. Will happen as early as this season IMO
Or he sees Minikin as our centre as he's already stated and putting faith in him to do the job
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Tigerg
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerg » 31 Dec 2018, 23:50

the machine wrote:
Tigerg wrote:I genuinely think Powell sees Turner as our starting fullback in the near future and that’s why the club aren’t going all out to sign a centre as Peanut will end up there. Will happen as early as this season IMO
Or he sees Minikin as our centre as he's already stated and putting faith in him to do the job
Maybe so but that leaves us massively short on wingers. Will be interesting to see how it pans out anyway.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 01 Jan 2019, 03:12

derbystiger wrote:And here is the mentality of the Fev fans - both taken from the Fev board on TotalRL forum

'Fantastic support today from the Fev fans, never stopped singing all game it was a credit to the club and me proud to be a flat capper. Can't wait for the season to start now'

'one of the best days out iv had for a long time, we would liven that super league up no bother'
Genuinely wet myself at this :lol:
Happy New Year Cas fans.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 01 Jan 2019, 10:19

Tigerg wrote:
the machine wrote:
Maybe so but that leaves us massively short on wingers. Will be interesting to see how it pans out anyway.
Eden
Clare
Gill
Carr

Not the greatest of depth but we have to give them a shot at some point
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 01 Jan 2019, 11:29

There's a video on FB doing the rounds showing an inebriated Fev fan climbing up the Glasshoughton pit wheel memorial on the round-a-bout near Asda. Could be the same guy who had his "best day out ever" experience in Cas Vegas.

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 01 Jan 2019, 12:03

the machine wrote:
Tigerg wrote:
the machine wrote:
Eden
Clare
Gill
Carr

Can not see carr getting a shot this year not big enough his trys where ok and also they where not playing anyone lets see what he does in the u19s before bringing him in

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 01 Jan 2019, 12:07

John wrote:
the machine wrote:
Tigerg wrote:
the machine wrote:
Eden
Clare
Gill
Carr

Can not see carr getting a shot this year....lets see what he does in the u19s before bringing him in
You mean like the 30+ tries he scored last year for the 19s???

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 01 Jan 2019, 12:15

I think you underestimate him john . Hes very similar to eden in his game style and his try scoring record is excellent. People believe you just put anyone on the wing and thay score but like everything it doesn't work like that. If he can improve his defence we've got a winner

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 01 Jan 2019, 12:16

I think Carr should go to either a championship team or a lower league team.
I agree it’s far to early for him to jump into the first team.
Looks a good prospect though.

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 01 Jan 2019, 12:18

Can not see carr getting a shot this year....lets see what he does in the u19s before bringing him in[/quote]
You mean like the 30+ tries he scored last year for the 19s???[/quote]
It dont mean he is ready for first team a lot of them trys came from storey and where easy he has to get his defence right like the facebook video from cas someone has put on he ran 20yds no one there but still nealy manage to fall 3 times might be ready in a few years and also he not in the first team he trains twice a week so dp can not think he is ready not saying the lad wont do it just think he is not ready sorry dez i have watched the lad for years like i said im not saying he wont make it its not just about scoring and he lacks on the other things

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Jan 2019, 12:45

I'd not seen carr before and playing against that garbage I wouldn't be forming a opinion
Thing I would say at the weatsheaf do Powell said he would run through a brick wall for you and thought he had a big future so there you go
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 01 Jan 2019, 12:49

Lewis has the potential to become a first team player but not at the minute. Carr,storey,summers,sweeting are all proven at u19s and could quite easily step into a league 1 or championship team but I doubt that will happen. The same could be said for turner and o Neil has they need to be playing regular rugby against men although it has to be with immediate call backs as both will be needed as cover over the season.

Hopefully a meaningful reserve league would put an end to what we have now.

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 01 Jan 2019, 12:58

braytontiger wrote:Lewis has the potential to become a first team player but not at the minute. Carr,storey,summers,sweeting are all proven at u19s and could quite easily step into a league 1 or championship team but I doubt that will happen. The same could be said for turner and o Neil has they need to be playing regular rugby against men although it has to be with immediate call backs as both will be needed as cover over the season.

This is the answer a reserves team 2020 ive been told

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 01 Jan 2019, 13:17

John wrote:
braytontiger wrote:Lewis has the potential to become a first team player but not at the minute. Carr,storey,summers,sweeting are all proven at u19s and could quite easily step into a league 1 or championship team but I doubt that will happen. The same could be said for turner and o Neil has they need to be playing regular rugby against men although it has to be with immediate call backs as both will be needed as cover over the season.

This is the answer a reserves team 2020 ive been told
It can't come soon enough, reserve grade is a must in my opinion

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 01 Jan 2019, 20:38

Flatcap morons aside it was worth a trip up from Norfolk to get my fix,fair enough we didn't beat much but there was some real potential out there with the kids, just need to hang on to them and if that's by means of a reserve league so be it. Sweetings pace could be terrorising defences in a year or two and for me Carr isn't as far from ready as some think,true he aint the biggest but it's not stopped Reagan Grace who at 12 1/2 stone isn't exactly a behemoth. Natural finishers don't come along that often,especially ones with his attitude so would hope at some point he'd get a run out. Shame O'Neill wasn't available have only heard good things about him and young Peachey seems to have await about him while Turner seems born to the game if his mentality is right. Not going to join the doom mongers re last season,we performed as well on most occasions as possible given the players available and an optimistic a less injury hit season would still see us top six.Course I would have liked to see a couple of proven names added to the squad but it's clearly not happening but those youngsters give me hope that if we do get down to the bare bones again they'll come in and do a job. So repeat after me Ladies and Gents......We are NOT a small town team,we've just got a small town mentality! Time to shake it off and take it to the "big boys"

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 02 Jan 2019, 10:53

I am all for giving a young players ago It as worked out for Oliver Holmes I think he was 17 Craig Hubby 16 last year we had Trueman 18 bursting onto the scene, Lewis Carr scored 39 trys last year miles in front of any one else in the 19S comp n my eyes this lad could be something special