Vs fev

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Vs fev

Post by Aid » 30 Dec 2018, 22:50

Really enjoyed today's game. Cook and Clarke were excellent which set a platform that Fev could not cope with.
It was great to watch the youngsters battering the hapless Featherstone Rovers. They all played with great enthusiasm and passion, no little skill and bags of pace.

The Fev yobs were a disgrace.
cum on you Ford

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 31 Dec 2018, 00:49

our halfbacks both had good games, of our two centres I would say Egodo edged it against Minikin, we have some young lads that could make it if given the chance, all in all £10 well spent the crowd of over 3,000 was great seeing Lock Lane were in a final at FEATH well done to them for winning the final

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 31 Dec 2018, 08:04

gateman wrote:our halfbacks both had good games, of our two centres I would say Egodo edged it against Minikin, we have some young lads that could make it if given the chance, all in all £10 well spent the crowd of over 3,000 was great seeing Lock Lane were in a final at FEATH well done to them for winning the final
Egodo did go well and is starting to look a decent player. Problem is he played on the left where Shelton will be sure to play. So barring an injury to Shelton we probably won't see him much, if at all.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 31 Dec 2018, 09:26

Yesterdays game should be the wake up call to the club that we need a reserves side. It would be a damn shame if we lose some of these kids to other SL teams over the years. We now have the players coming through that can rival Wigan and Saints.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 31 Dec 2018, 10:51

heritage1926 wrote:Yesterdays game should be the wake up call to the club that we need a reserves side. It would be a damn shame if we lose some of these kids to other SL teams over the years. We now have the players coming through that can rival Wigan and Saints.
The club know we need one and will have one in place for 2020 if there is comp for a team to play on. Wells very passionate about it and I’m sure the coaching team will be too.

Bullsfan

Post by Bullsfan » 31 Dec 2018, 12:19

You could always send Egodo to us for a season's loan to aid his development. We'd gladly take him again.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 31 Dec 2018, 12:37

For me egodo would have just as much chance of making centre spot his as minikin if he was given chance next season
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

North Leeds Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by North Leeds Tiger » 31 Dec 2018, 14:16

The way Callum Turner played yesterday made me wonder if he can fullfill the fullback role in Super League as he certainly has the attacking skills, then Peter Matautia could fill the right Centre problem.
I was very impressed with Lewis Carr and he could be the next Greg Eden in a couple of years. He looked very sharp and will only get quicker in his next few years of development.

On another note, the Featherstone fans in the Wheldon Road end were awful and spoiling for a fight as well as Peppering the match with some Crass chants dragged back from the 1980's
I couldn't hear the Racist comments/chants as I was at the opposite side of the pitch, but if this was true and they were aiming racial insults at our players then Castleford should be reporting this to the Rugby League and the Police. It's that serious.

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 31 Dec 2018, 15:00

North Leeds Tiger wrote:The way Callum Turner played yesterday made me wonder if he can fullfill the fullback role in Super League as he certainly has the attacking skills, then Peter Matautia could fill the right Centre problem.
I was very impressed with Lewis Carr and he could be the next Greg Eden in a couple of years. He looked very sharp and will only get quicker in his next few years of development.

On another note, the Featherstone fans in the Wheldon Road end were awful and spoiling for a fight as well as Peppering the match with some Crass chants dragged back from the 1980's
I couldn't hear the Racist comments/chants as I was at the opposite side of the pitch, but if this was true and they were aiming racial insults at our players then Castleford should be reporting this to the Rugby League and the Police. It's that serious.
We were stood at the railway end for the second half, but we were watching the fev fans in the wheldon road end just waiting for it to kick off.

Didn't hear the racist chants but I agree that if this was the case then both clubs should be doing everything in their power to find the perpetrators and lifetime bans should be handed out.

On the game I was very impressed with the skill on show from our younger lads. I thought Aston acquitted himself very well, along with Sweeting.

Egodo looked a real handful.

Show 'n' Go
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Show 'n' Go » 31 Dec 2018, 15:20

I was stood pretty much right in front of the Fev fans, unfortunately I did hear the chant in question in the first half. This sort of behaviour has 0 place in our game. Hope this has been picked up by someone at the club!

Every other song they sung was about Jimmy Saville, not overly sure why they were so obsessed with him, let alone why they were claiming he was "One of their own".

On a more positive note, very impressed with how we played. A lot of the young lads took their chance well. Sweeting looked comfy in at 7 and the lad who slotted in at 9 looked very good. Thought the young forwards stood up to their pack well. Nice to see Robbie Storey standing up to "The Most Feared Man in Super League", also thought Wardle went well, didn't look like a man who was desperate to leave!

I know it was a friendly and you have to take these things with a handful of salt, but Egodo shows he could well be a top centre, runs the right lines and has a good amount of strength in his game!

Also, a shout out to Cory Aston, who I thought looked very good. Didn't put a foot wrong for the full 80, 2 very nice 40/20's and looked to control from stand off. Certainly put his foot in the door for a chance in the first team!

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 31 Dec 2018, 15:42

And here is the mentality of the Fev fans - both taken from the Fev board on TotalRL forum

'Fantastic support today from the Fev fans, never stopped singing all game it was a credit to the club and me proud to be a flat capper. Can't wait for the season to start now'

'one of the best days out iv had for a long time, we would liven that super league up no bother'

JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 31 Dec 2018, 15:57

I have a question,
why were fev fans allowed to stand in WRE?

I’m sure this made the surrounding Cas fans on edge for the afternoon.
The fev fans know exactly what they’re doing coming in there... looking for a reaction to their chants... most of them probably hoping for a spot of bother.

Someone from the club should have taken charge and not let them anywhere near that end, if they want to stand under a roof, stand under the far end of the princess street stand.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 31 Dec 2018, 16:00

I heard he's one of our own chant I couldn't hear who they were saying
Jimmy saville ?? How bizarre
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 31 Dec 2018, 16:02

JSLisnotaprop wrote:I have a question,

The fev fans know exactly what they’re doing coming in there... looking for a reaction to their chants... most of them probably hoping for a spot of bother.

Someone from the club should have taken charge and not let them anywhere near that end, if they want to stand under a roof, stand under the far end of the princess street stand.
Thats all it would have took. I asked the same thing of the stewards as to why they were allowed in the WRE, but they couldn't give an answer. We all know from years of experience what would would happen. Full credit must go to our fans for not rising to the bait.

JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 31 Dec 2018, 16:07

derbystiger wrote:
JSLisnotaprop wrote:I have a question,

Thats all it would have took. I asked the same thing of the stewards as to why they were allowed in the WRE, but they couldn't give an answer. We all know from years of experience what would would happen. Full credit must go to our fans for not rising to the bait.
Agreed.
I also feel sorry for those who felt the need to move to the rail way end/away.
Why should our own fans have to move because we’ve allowed these bottom feeders into our home stand?...

Cas have got away with a close call on this one I think.

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dixie D » 31 Dec 2018, 16:31

derbystiger wrote:And here is the mentality of the Fev fans - both taken from the Fev board on TotalRL forum

'Fantastic support today from the Fev fans, never stopped singing all game it was a credit to the club and me proud to be a flat capper. Can't wait for the season to start now'

'one of the best days out iv had for a long time, we would liven that super league up no bother'
"One of the best days out I've had I a long time" A 56-0 beating by your dear neighbours :lol: and people moan about our club! Here's hoping for a better 2019 for the poor lad.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 31 Dec 2018, 16:33

Dixie D wrote:
derbystiger wrote:And here is the mentality of the Fev fans - both taken from the Fev board on TotalRL forum

"One of the best days out I've had I a long time" A 56-0 beating by your dear neighbours :lol: and people moan about our club! Here's hoping for a better 2019 for the poor lad.
:lol: :lol: Yep, as I said, the mentality of the Fev fans :lol: :lol:

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 31 Dec 2018, 16:35

I wouldn't let 2/300 cavemen ruin what was otherwise a hugely positive day for the club. Really hope the fringe and young players can kick on from this and use it as a springboard to put pressure on the senior players.
I also hope it encourages a few more fans to attend a few u19s games has yesterday wasn't a one off these lads play with the same passion and skill on a weekly basis.

Show 'n' Go
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Show 'n' Go » 31 Dec 2018, 16:39

tigerfeat wrote:I heard he's one of our own chant I couldn't hear who they were saying
Jimmy saville ?? How bizarre
I was thinking the exact same! And people get on our fans backs for what we sing about Mr Wane?!

Worst thing was, there were a large number of younger fans in with the Fev lot who were all singing along.

Each to their own I suppose...

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 31 Dec 2018, 16:45

braytontiger wrote:I wouldn't let 2/300 cavemen ruin what was otherwise a hugely positive day for the club. Really hope the fringe and young players can kick on from this and use it as a springboard to put pressure on the senior players.
I also hope it encourages a few more fans to attend a few u19s games has yesterday wasn't a one off these lads play with the same passion and skill on a weekly basis.
Agreed. So, back to the rugby. I thought Egodu showed up well and should have a decent future ahead. Young Jake Sweeting I thought was superb. He has a good head on his shoulders, good vision, reads the game well and also has decent pace. Cory Aston showed up very well also. Cal Turner should be trying to make the 1 shirt his and put Peanut into the centres. Every one of the youngsters played with passion, and the grit showed in defending the zero on the scoreboard in defence was fantastic to watch. Very positive signs on the pitch. Now I am living back in the area again I shall be attending the 19's games where I can.