Vs fev

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Vs fev

Post by old cas lass » 30 Dec 2018, 16:52

Who was the number 13, thought he had a good game.

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 30 Dec 2018, 16:53

Young lads where good but lets not get carried away very poor fev team think the 19s will get more competition in the u19s this season but well done

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 30 Dec 2018, 16:54

old cas lass wrote:Who was the number 13, thought he had a good game.
Joe Summers. He played for Yorkshire U19s v Aussie schoolboys

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 30 Dec 2018, 17:03

Very professional performance with some real silky skills at times. The half backs Aston and Sweeting ran the show all afternoon, Egodu was a real handful and Mitch Clarke was unstoppable for the Fev forwards. Second half saw Cal Turner come on at full back and he was worth the admission fee alone. Great afternoon really enjoyed it and we have some unbelievably talented kids down here who were a joy to watch.
Now for the bad bit, wow the Fev fans! I haven’t heard stuff like that chanted on the terraces since the eighties. All unrepeatable full on foul and abusive To the worst degree for 80 minutes. The hatred and vitriol towards us is staggering to say the least. The Cas fans never rose to any of it and were a credit to the town and the club. Fev are an irrelevance to us these days and I’m not sure it’s worth giving them this fixture again. It’s asking for trouble which we don’t need.

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 30 Dec 2018, 17:12

You could hear it on tiger radio, absolutely disgusting

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 30 Dec 2018, 17:15

They were a disgrace, enough said.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 30 Dec 2018, 17:29

I'll put my thoughts on the game later which I thought was very positive, especially young Sweeting and Cal Turner, but had to come on and comment about the disgusting behaviour of the Fev 'fans'. Chanting and foul language to a degree I can cope with, but they overstepped several marks with racist and worse, which I'm not going to repeat. I mentioned it to the stewards, who were well aware obviously. Their reply was that they didn't have enough numbers to deal with it, but pointed at the CCTV cameras and said it would all be recorded (fat lot of good that will be!). One of the only times I've ever gone to the Railway end for the second half as I didn't want my Mum listening to that any longer.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 30 Dec 2018, 17:34

Agree about the fev fans should never have played them and shouldn't ever play them again unless we have to in challange cup
There seemed to be enough stewards there I just think they were at a loss what to do once they'd all moved to wheldon road end you don't hear that racist abuse these days shocking
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 30 Dec 2018, 17:42

A good hit out but agree you have to take into context the opposition, thought both half backs were outstanding whilst cook and Clarke look in good shape. Of the youngsters sweeting was head and shoulders above and has pace to burn but jinks,storey,summers,Carr all had good games. Plenty to work with going forward and looking forward to see how the young lads develop going forward.

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 30 Dec 2018, 17:54

tigerfeat wrote:Agree about the fev fans should never have played them and shouldn't ever play them again unless we have to in challange cup
There seemed to be enough stewards there I just think they were at a loss what to do once they'd all moved to wheldon road end you don't hear that racist abuse these days shocking
I think if the stewards would have piled in it would have made things a hell of a lot worse. We weren’t talking a few kids here it was probably at least a couple of hundred including plenty of grown men. This is a problem that has blighted Fev for years and it shows no signs of improvement

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 30 Dec 2018, 18:54

At last some rugby to comment upon.
I have to confess there were lots of faces I did not recognise as I only get to first team games.
Retirement and today's performance could well change that.
The pantomime villain lived up to expectation and unfortunately so did the vocal flat cappers.
Although we have our own less than angelic chants,however some of the chants would in most sports bring about serious sanctions,which unfortunately have little impact on the perpetrators but l do hope there are consequences or it will reflect very poorly on the image of our sport.
Enough of that sad aspect of today.
I was impressed by most if not all of the youngsters especially in the latter stages when both in attack and defense showed up well.
Fortunately for Fev our only relative down side was the lack of conversions otherwise the margin would have been even greater.
I look forward to the new season beginning and despite no new signings ,super stars or other. l can see some of thseyoungsters making valuable contributions when called upon.
So here's to another successful campaign and Happy New Year to all Cas fans.

oldplayer 1

Post by oldplayer 1 » 30 Dec 2018, 19:01

could not make match working how did minikin play is he going to be are answer to centre

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 30 Dec 2018, 19:13

It's a shame we only have one more trial game. Up to now.
Think the likes of Turner, Gill, Egodo, Aston etc could do with more games against professional sides. Minikin also needs to play more games in the centre's if he is to be the answer to take over from Jake Webster.
Enjoyed the game today. We have some great talent coming through. Lots of positives n well worth the admission fee which put funds into the Club. Decent crowd of 3, 098 can't be nothing but impressed with what was served up, albeit against a weak Fev outfit

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 30 Dec 2018, 19:18

Minikin put in a lovely tip pass for Clare to go in at the corner. Thought he did ok and had a steady game.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 30 Dec 2018, 20:35

old cas lass wrote:Minikin put in a lovely tip pass for Clare to go in at the corner. Thought he did ok and had a steady game.
A steady game against limited opposition....what will he be like up against what the best in SL have to offer??

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 30 Dec 2018, 20:47

Fumper27 wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Minikin put in a lovely tip pass for Clare to go in at the corner. Thought he did ok and had a steady game.
A steady game against limited opposition....what will he be like up against what the best in SL have to offer??

Peter had a very steady game. Doesn't mean I'm woreoes about him at full back. Like wise some kids were outstanding, I wouldn't expect them to do the same against Catalans in a month. The ball went to the left side for the first 40 minutes, minikin didn't get much chance to be more than ok.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 30 Dec 2018, 20:57

How did Wardle do ?? Considering he's so unhappy at Cas :liar:

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 30 Dec 2018, 21:09

[quote="westerbeast"]How did Wardle do ?? Considering he's so unhappy at Cas :liar:[/quote

He had a good game particularly in the first half when we were left side dominant. Fev couldn’t live with our left side of Aston, Wardle, Egodu and Kez Gill with peanut out the back. He wasn’t sulking, hiding or wearing a Huddersfield shirt! :D

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 30 Dec 2018, 21:50

daytona wrote:
westerbeast wrote:How did Wardle do ?? Considering he's so unhappy at Cas :liar:[/quote

He had a good game particularly in the first half when we were left side dominant. Fev couldn’t live with our left side of Aston, Wardle, Egodu and Kez Gill with peanut out the back. He wasn’t sulking, hiding or wearing a Huddersfield shirt! :D

not sure what he was doing for gills 3rd try, a confident wardle would dummy and go himself.. more hesitation than shenny!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 30 Dec 2018, 21:57

Yeah I'd liked to have seen him throw a dummy there and go under the posts he's maybe lost some confidence
It was a day for the young players to shine hard for minikin matautia wardle and co to shine because unless you were there it's hard to describe how poor the opposition was
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi