Vs fev

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Vs fev

Post by braytontiger » 26 Dec 2018, 22:48

Featherstone have named their squad with several trialists they are also looking to bring in some Leeds players on duel reg. Knew they were struggling but this must be an all time low for them.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Vs fev

Post by tigerfeat » 27 Dec 2018, 09:17

Bit of a joke squad I recognise Jordan tansey and trialist Ryan Bailey...
Bit of a joke people being asked to shell out 15 quid for this as well
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 27 Dec 2018, 09:54

The leeds wakey match was a decent game both coaches will have learned bits for when season starts in few weeks
Don't know how much we will learn playing a team of trialist and loan players with Ryan Bailey in there maybe who can throw a good punch if it kicks off in any game during season
Vince Lombardi

Anglo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Anglo » 27 Dec 2018, 15:27

Well something had to be done to even things up after last year's one-sided game.

Seriously, we (Fev) are in rebuilding mode having lost all bar about six of last year's squad having failed to make the top 4, with the massive loss of central fundings that resulted.

We will probably be ok long term but right now none of our 3 Papua New Guinea internationals have arrived yet and we don't have anyone with 1st grade experience at half back as a result.

We are also missing Brett Delaney and Scott Wheeldon through injury and John Davies is suspended so we are short of experience right now.

So it's a scratch side for sure and with our new coach still in Australia there won't have been any ball-in-hand work done either. But pre-season games are all about checking out potential of young players anyway - the DR players Fev use are likely to be from the Leeds U19s to see if they are likely to be Championship quality for this season.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 27 Dec 2018, 15:54

I’m not too bothered what squads either side use, I just wanna have a couple of pints, catch up with a few people and watch a game of rugby.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 27 Dec 2018, 17:15

Anglo wrote:Well something had to be done to even things up after last year's one-sided game.

Seriously, we (Fev) are in rebuilding mode having lost all bar about six of last year's squad having failed to make the top 4, with the massive loss of central fundings that resulted.

We will probably be ok long term but right now none of our 3 Papua New Guinea internationals have arrived yet and we don't have anyone with 1st grade experience at half back as a result.

We are also missing Brett Delaney and Scott Wheeldon through injury and John Davies is suspended so we are short of experience right now.

So it's a scratch side for sure and with our new coach still in Australia there won't have been any ball-in-hand work done either. But pre-season games are all about checking out potential of young players anyway - the DR players Fev use are likely to be from the Leeds U19s to see if they are likely to be Championship quality for this season.
you will look a lot better with wheeldon, delaney, and the png players
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Anglo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Anglo » 27 Dec 2018, 20:00

Agreed, and John Davies has been one of our best players over the last three years as well.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 27 Dec 2018, 20:42

I shall be on the terrace its a shame FEATH are not at any way near full strength, I am hoping we only have a few of our top players on show I take a lot of interest in our academy players they will not let us down

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 28 Dec 2018, 09:45

From a rugby point of view, it's a shame Fev never kicked on. It looked like they were ready to finally push for promotion when they made changes to the stadium, built up a pretty decent squad and appointed Duffy. Then a couple of top 4 finishes and getting to test themselves against SL in the qualifiers, it looked as though they weren't a million miles away. Something has obviously happened at the top, they've lost some key players to teams who will be challenging them. Wildie and Carlisle will be big losses for them. However, they've kept their best player John Davis, who has been massive for them the last few years.

Would of liked a strong Fev team to one day challenge and bring a new rivalry like we have with Wakey and Leeds.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 28 Dec 2018, 10:12

I have a soft spot for Feath I go along to watch them sometimes when we have no match, the ground is a credit to a lot of hard work done by the supporters who have helped to erect the stands bought on the cheap, I hope they do well this season would I welcome Toronto or Feath into super league for me its Feath all day long, roll on Sunday its a nice feeling to be walking down the lane again

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Dec 2018, 13:24

When is the squad gonna be announced.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 28 Dec 2018, 16:17

The game is the first of the Tigers’ pre-season matches in preparation for the 2019 Betfred Super League campaign and gets underway at 1.30pm.

The squad will line up as follows:

Peter Mata’utia
James Clare
Greg Minikin
Tuoyo Egodo
Kieron Gill
Jamie Ellis
Cory Aston
Matt Cook
Brad Jinks
Mitch Clark
Joe Wardle
Robbie Storey
Joe Summers

Callum Turner
Lewis Carr
Brad Graham
Jacob Doyle
Jake Sweeting
Joe Fella
Sam Hall
Ben Dobson
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 28 Dec 2018, 17:30

some very good young talent on show, I hope to see a few of these lads have a crack in the first team over the next few years , last year they made the step up to the under 19s and are eligible to play this year playing above their age last year will have done them the world of good, I am glad to see among others Ben Dobson in the team he was getting better every match last year

JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 28 Dec 2018, 18:17

I hope fans vote with their feet on this... the club are taking the you know what.

The most unexciting off season in the history of the club ended by a £15 payment to watch the academy vs a team of trialists.

I've got some washing to be on with!!!

Easy Tiger 2
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Easy Tiger 2 » 28 Dec 2018, 18:56

JSLisnotaprop wrote:I hope fans vote with their feet on this... the club are taking the you know what.

The most unexciting off season in the history of the club ended by a £15 payment to watch the academy vs a team of trialists.

You hope people boycott the game?Wow,some supporter.Do you not see the irony of your comments that you’re complaining we haven’t spent any money and then in turn hope people don’t turn up to games,costing us money?

I agree that it’s disappointing we haven’t kicked on with player recruitment but if we can’t offload high earners like Wardle what can we do?Spend money we don’t have? Whilst I’m disappointed we haven’t signed anyone I don’t want to bankrupt the club or spend money we don’t have and go back to the administration days.

It makes sense that paying out fees for Watts and Matautia and adding their wages to the wage bill has taken up money as has having to improve contracts to Jesse,Trueman etc.

We need to get rid before we can recruit I think but not attending games is not going to help matters,there’s still a lot of talent on show to go watch!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Dec 2018, 19:27

There's always being a feeling since I went as a boy to to watch my first match in the 60s that something a bit dodgys going on behind the scenes at cas even when it's not
I remember the team bus setting of for a semi - final once and getting as far as the car park of a pub in cas that's no longer standing while the team discussed if they would go along and play the match because they were not happy with the money they were on
Thing is were a couple of players short of having one of the strongest squads in super league but to sign no one in the off season I think was a major mistake no doubt about that in my mind
Vince Lombardi

JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 28 Dec 2018, 19:48

Easy Tiger 2 wrote:
JSLisnotaprop wrote:I hope fans vote with their feet on this... the club are taking the you know what.

You hope people boycott the game?Wow,some supporter.Do you not see the irony of your comments that you’re complaining we haven’t spent any money and then in turn hope people don’t turn up to games,costing us money?

I agree that it’s disappointing we haven’t kicked on with player recruitment but if we can’t offload high earners like Wardle what can we do?Spend money we don’t have? Whilst I’m disappointed we haven’t signed anyone I don’t want to bankrupt the club or spend money we don’t have and go back to the administration days.

It makes sense that paying out fees for Watts and Matautia and adding their wages to the wage bill has taken up money as has having to improve contracts to Jesse,Trueman etc.

We need to get rid before we can recruit I think but not attending games is not going to help matters,there’s still a lot of talent on show to go watch!
what would send a better message to the club than for people to vote with their feet?

They're asking for £15.00 to watch the young guns, which most I can watch for free during the season in the academy games vs a team that are the advertisement of modern day rugby league (a mess)

i've missed a handful of games over the past decade and never felt how i do now, not bothered to go at all... and i'm not on my own.

Do Lock Lane have a game? i know who would be more grateful for the cash...

JSL is not a prop, Foster is not a center.

johnboy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnboy » 28 Dec 2018, 19:56

heritage1926 wrote:From a rugby point of view, it's a shame Fev never kicked on. It looked like they were ready to finally push for promotion when they made changes to the stadium, built up a pretty decent squad and appointed Duffy. Then a couple of top 4 finishes and getting to test themselves against SL in the qualifiers, it looked as though they weren't a million miles away. Something has obviously happened at the top, they've lost some key players to teams who will be challenging them. Wildie and Carlisle will be big losses for them. However, they've kept their best player John Davis, who has been massive for them the last few years.

Would of liked a strong Fev team to one day challenge and bring a new rivalry like we have with Wakey and Leeds.
Duffy never got them into the top four despite spending money on expensive players like Hock, Holmes and Ridyard. Jon Sharpe got them into the top four twice and was sacked and replaced by Duffy who failed and then ran off back to Leigh! They have lost the revenue that Sharpe earned them and are now paying the price - they have a tough year ahead.
Be reasonable - do it my way!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 28 Dec 2018, 20:07

tigerfeat wrote:To sign no one in the off season I think was a major mistake no doubt about that in my mind
Technically, haven’t we signed Mata’utia, given he was only on loan last season??? ;) ;) ;)

PS - just trying to lighten the mood a bit

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Dec 2018, 20:19

Fumper27 wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:To sign no one in the off season I think was a major mistake no doubt about that in my mind
Technically, haven’t we signed Mata’utia, given he was only on loan last season??? ;) ;) ;)

PS - just trying to lighten the mood a bit
Yeah your right mate just think we've missed a few tricks last six months
Vince Lombardi