Not where we want to be

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
fords
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Not where we want to be

Post by fords » 19 Dec 2018, 17:55

Dez wrote:
fords wrote:
Tigerwood posse wrote:
Mojoxc wrote:As a life long cas fan, we should be happy and optimistic.

Unfortunately that’s not the case.

We are getting everything right on the pitch and have the best coach in super league.

The new ground will never happen.

We have owners that have no interest in the club, they are even testing the market to sell the ground for housing etc.

Then below them.....Mark Gratten is now paying himself £88k and his pathetic side kick Pell £50k.........are you having a [REMOVED] laugh!!

No it gets worse Gratten then employs his kids in the club shop.

You may have seen the club’s website about the agm.......it was a complete sham, Foulton has issued himself a load more shares but not legally.......... don’t get me wrong he’s not that bright and spent a lot of money on lawyer.

No idea what we do but thought you deserved to know.
Wow.....Gosh, I must admit, only had the unfortunate experience of having to deal with Mr Gratten once and I can honestly say, he was a rather obnoxious individual and extremely unhelpful, my request to him was very reasonable and it was money for the club.... but it all sounds familiar, we’ve had a few good years and now we look like we are about to shoot ourselves in the foot once again, looks like Fulton and the rest are trying to squeeze the pips out of the club and care nothing for the fans!! I hope the club are reading this and move to reassure the fans, it sounds like Fulton junior is destroying what his own father cared for so dearly!!! Very said news if true!!
Email the club the link then instead as spouting on here about it.
i dont get the aggressive tone fords . On a fans forum people have a right to voice their concerns . Do you believe people dont email the club ... Let people have there say and believe what you want or dont want .
Why is it aggressive ? Too many people on here claim to know more than the people running the club about the club.

So all i was pointing out was stop spouting about it on here and go speak to somebody at the club if your that upset about things. Moaning on here is going to fix nothing.
Last edited by fords on 19 Dec 2018, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 19 Dec 2018, 17:56

da_jimbob_7 wrote:I didn’t read Fords’ reply as an aggressive one.
Cheers neither did i tbh

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 19 Dec 2018, 18:35

fords wrote:
da_jimbob_7 wrote:I didn’t read Fords’ reply as an aggressive one.
Cheers neither did i tbh
Me neither :-"
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 19 Dec 2018, 19:28

I apologise fords its just how i saw it.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 20 Dec 2018, 14:59

All I can say is that Grattan IS as described in MY experience and opinion. I hate the man.
As for Pell, that must be a joke, it has to be. He thinks he’s hard as nails and spent more time on Route 66 floor than st the bar hahaha...I’ve seen him throwing his weight about and he’s nothing to fear lol. That’s all irrelevant but 50k is a joke! Surely...
Audacter Et Sincere

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 20 Dec 2018, 22:02

Dez wrote:I apologise fords its just how i saw it.

No probs mate. No offence taken.

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 23 Dec 2018, 20:19

flow wrote:
Mojoxc wrote:Gratten doing a great job are you having a laugh unless you believe cancer is great......the Fulton’s aren’t interested anymore ..........luckily he’s a thick person but there will be no investment ........also which is so sad the so called big clubs don’t want us, they believe a team in Coventry would be better.......I truly wish the worse on a Gary Herrington as he does on us
did you work at cas tigers and get sack you seam very bitter :evil: :evil:
I thought it was robbo in disguise

Smudger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Smudger » 27 Dec 2018, 17:20

Try to be positive. Six short years ago we were the whipping boys of Super League, a few weeks away from administration, being hammered by most teams and here we are today, seen as a genuine top four club, a match for most opposition teams. We've got a bit of silverware on the shelf, a Wembley final and a SL Grand Final on our c.v. but I guess if that doesn't make you happy, not much will.

A mate of mine worked for Bradford in their glory years and he told me the season after they'd won the treble and then won the World Club Challenge (2004) the fans were still complaining... That their strip was too white!

Says it all I guess. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

COYF!
You don't want to do it like that! :) :) :)

JSLisnotaprop
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JSLisnotaprop » 28 Dec 2018, 18:36

LONG time reader, first time poster.

I felt the need to voice my opinion as I found myself agreeing with more and more comments on social media and talking to friends and family when I say I am not excited for the season one bit!

The clubs failure to sign anyone seems to be on everyone’s lips/minds and leaves me and others begging the question why?

Surely we have enough money? I for one do not buy into the money has been spent on renewing contracts, where has the money gone for Jy’s, Websters and Springers wages?
With the last couple of successful years on the pitch (mainly 2016), record attendances, record shop sales and to add isn’t the lottery money supposed to help towards new signings?
when was the last time the club posted saying what they'd spent that money on?

Everyone can agree that we need a center and a prop and I believe the signings of Sa’u and Ikahihifo would have brought the buzz for the 2019 season back.
If you believe the rumors to be true in regards to the amount of cash that the Devils and Giants wanted it’d be quite laughable if we walked away from the table turning those offers down . ](*,)

Another worrying concern is that due to the pants off season, I don’t know one family member or friend who has renewed their season ticket for the 2019 season, I travel with the Blower, George and Swan to the away games and speaking to friends in the pub they all share the above opinions.
There is a recurring theme as to why they haven’t renewed and that is because of the lack of investment and laid back approach we’re taking into 2019.
The common theme seems to be, we’re standing still whilst teams around us are developing and growing.

bring on the 2019 season [-(

JSL is not a prop.
Foster is not a center.

mystery
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by mystery » 28 Dec 2018, 18:59

[quote="Mojoxc"]As a life long cas fan, we should be happy and optimistic.

We are getting everything right on the pitch and have the best coach in super league.

We have owners that have no interest in the club, they are even testing the market to sell the ground for housing etc.

Then below them.....Mark Gratten is now paying himself £88k and his pathetic sincede kick Pell £50k.........are you having a [REMOVED] laugh!!

You may have seen the club’s website about the agm.......it was a complete sham, Foulton has issued himself a load more shares but not legally.......... don’t get me wrong he’s not that bright and spent a lot of money on lawyer.

No idea what we do but thought you deserved to know.[/quote

mystery
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by mystery » 28 Dec 2018, 19:12

Smudger wrote:Try to be positive. Six short years ago we were the whipping boys of Super League, a few weeks away from administration, being hammered by most teams and here we are today, seen as a genuine top four club, a match for most opposition teams. We've got a bit of silverware on the shelf, a Wembley final and a SL Grand Final on our c.v. but I guess if that doesn't make you happy, not much will.

A mate of mine worked for Bradford in their glory years and he told me the season after they'd won the treble and then won the World Club Challenge (2004) the fans were still complaining... That their strip was too white!

Says it all I guess. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

COYF!
totally agree.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Dec 2018, 19:17

mystery wrote:
Mojoxc wrote:As a life long cas fan, we should be happy and optimistic.

Then below them.....Mark Gratten is now paying himself £88k and his pathetic sincede kick Pell £50k.........are you having a [REMOVED] laugh!!

No idea what we do but thought you deserved to know.[/quote
That would be the lawyer that was there to speak when robbo got up to have his say I would imagine
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 28 Dec 2018, 22:19

Would that be the same lawyer that told the AGM that the loan owed to the Fultons WOULD be paid in full on the death of either of the 2 Fultons when Ian Fulton had already said that this was not the case a couple of minutes earlier? One of them is not correct, any guesses as to which one?

Did you also think it was right to ask another shareholder if he was an idiot or to call another one a ponce in front of everyone?

If anyone thinks that everything is ok with how the BOD have done things then good luck to you all but we are heading towards a very tough time in the next few years at BOD level.

My only serious question is, asked it a few times but nobody seems to know or at least if anyone does nobody is saying, when the loan of 2.4, as it stands now, is paid back will all the "FREE"shares issued be void? Are these shares just to gain and keep control or are they actually worth any money? If the shares are void then I would feel better about the future as this would mean the loans to the Fultons will be paid back, as they should and will be. No problem with that at all.

mystery
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by mystery » 29 Dec 2018, 10:09

I was at the AGM and it wasn’t a sham, well probably for the three who were doing all the spouting, and didn’t like being told some home truths, and as for idiot and pounce, don’t recall the pounce bit, but why don’t you say what the “Idiot”is supposed to have said first? There posts are all very ‘one way’. It’s Mark Grattan that’s turned this club around as well as the coach, finished third, and still people moan, financially we did better than the so called big clubs, and still they moan! Hadn’t been on here for awhile, that’s me finished again until the bitterness ends.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 29 Dec 2018, 12:03

mystery wrote:I was at the AGM and it wasn’t a sham, well probably for the three who were doing all the spouting, and didn’t like being told some home truths, and as for idiot and pounce, don’t recall the pounce bit, but why don’t you say what the “Idiot”is supposed to have said first? There posts are all very ‘one way’. It’s Mark Grattan that’s turned this club around as well as the coach, finished third, and still people moan, financially we did better than the so called big clubs, and still they moan! Hadn’t been on here for awhile, that’s me finished again until the bitterness ends.
As you say it seems if it comes from Robbo or a certain few others its selective posting that puts the club and people running it in a bad light.

if your going to tell us something at least tell the whole story so people can make up there own minds fairly.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 29 Dec 2018, 12:52

mystery wrote:I was at the AGM and it wasn’t a sham, well probably for the three who were doing all the spouting, and didn’t like being told some home truths, and as for idiot and pounce, don’t recall the pounce bit, but why don’t you say what the “Idiot”is supposed to have said first? There posts are all very ‘one way’. It’s Mark Grattan that’s turned this club around as well as the coach, finished third, and still people moan, financially we did better than the so called big clubs, and still they moan! Hadn’t been on here for awhile, that’s me finished again until the bitterness ends.
thanks mystery for some positive spin on the events at the AGM as i too though the club was going forward, with record profits last year & success on the field, what more could we wish for? (new ground i know) but until then we can live in hope as we have had to all the 60 years i have supported the club. :pray:

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 30 Dec 2018, 13:43

The club are going forward in many ways. On the field, financially and the players and coaches are all settled.

All this is down to DP in my view. The finances are only as good due to the on field product, this would be the same at most clubs.If we are winning, playing outstanding and most of all challenging for trophies that will always increase revenue due to attendances and the add ons from the attendance.

You only have to look at Widnes to see how the opposite I’ll happen.

I just feel that decisions being made at BOD level are not in the interests of the club as much as they should be.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 30 Dec 2018, 17:06

You say that the profit is only because of the on field performance but some of the top performing teams, e.g Wigan are currently making losses so it’s not all about the product, some of the good fortune comes from the running behind the scenes.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 30 Dec 2018, 17:23

SREGITSAC wrote:You say that the profit is only because of the on field performance but some of the top performing teams, e.g Wigan are currently making losses so it’s not all about the product, some of the good fortune comes from the running behind the scenes.
i get where you are coming from but wigan get huge attendances compared to us so it always puzzles me why they make such huge losses as they are supposed to be tied by the salary cap. i can only think that its the rent they pay on the dw must be very high and i'm given to understand that at present there is a lot of ill feeling between lenagan and whelan. the other thing that was noticable at this years semi was how few wigan fans were wearing cherry and white when our end was a wall of black and amber/orange.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 30 Dec 2018, 19:48

The behind the scenes team may do a good job but if the on field product was poor and we were bottom 2/3 team then they wouldn’t have much to work with. This is why I said what I said.

Not knocking what the marketing team do as that side is much better than it was but we still miss the odd trick now and then.