AGM for 2017

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: AGM for 2017

Post by casjunction » 02 Dec 2018, 16:59

I have no influence over the business.
I am old enough to realise what l can and cannot change.
I am a former sponsor and watched the team for decades.
I have no connection to Castleford.
I would be grateful to know who,or her than the directors can influence the board.
Indeed judging from Robbos comments the have little or no influence.
People can interpret my comments to suit their opinion.
However it does not deny me the right to have an opinion.
Once more peace on earth(especially in The Tigers Boardroom!)

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 02 Dec 2018, 17:12

Just as an aside.
My support has never wavered even in the lean years.
Sport is now a business more reliant on sponsorship and TV income than on spectators.
I hope Robbo gets the board meeting he so desires.
I hope all his worst fears are dispelled.
I hope all those who seek argument for arguments sake get to meet up with one another what a joyous gathering that would be

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 02 Dec 2018, 18:12

Nobody is questioning anyone’s support of the club/team through good or bad times.

People who contribute on a forum do so for discussion mostly about what is happening within the club and more often about what goes on with the team on the field.

You don’t need to have a connection with the town to be seen as a supporter. We have many many fans that are not from Cas or ever lived there.

TV money and sponsors are not the only revenue that counts. 4,000 season tickets, almost, at junior prices would generate over £300,000 or £920,000 if all adults. Somewhere in between is more realistic. Could any SL club survive without that? Game day with a crowd of 8,000, just a number, at an average of £15 would see another £60,000 per game x 13 would be almost another £800,000. These may be lower, may be higher but a rough estimate. Do you feel this is not very important?

If we drop down the table and don’t compete for top bids then these figures will decrease, we saw a decrease after we won the LLS so a season or two with not much would surely be the same. Fans are a big part of why a club survives and why a club can continue to grow and compete. If these fans are not there, for whatever reason, then what would happen to the club/team? Add to this the merchandising revenue that fans spend then I am sure that is more than or very close to more than we get from Sky or sponsors.

Don’t under estimate what the fans bring and spend to keep the club going.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 02 Dec 2018, 21:19

These developments are worrying. What i would like to know is was there any attempt to sell those shares and get some much needed funds into the club before handing them to the Fultons?

Should one or both of the Fultons wake up one morning and call in their inheritance, would they sell their shares at the same value they acquired them? Then there is the matter of the ground.

Questions should be asked at the AGM.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 03 Dec 2018, 15:12

More shares will not be made available to buy for anyone outside the club because that will mean less money to share with the current crop.

If any shares were “sold” to there they would be worth a fart because you wouldn’t get any rights with them. Who do you know is stupid enough to give their money away for nothing in return.

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 06 Dec 2018, 13:36

Robbo wrote:Why do people think I am being difficult?
When the club wanted to sell shares I and others bought them.

It’s just a question because in my view it shows courtesy to shareholders to update them.
It becomes rather pointless to discuss the season before the season just ended.
It has been put in record the club would hold the meeting at the start of a new season to bring us together in what the club is aiming for.

I have been a life member for 30 years and a shareholder since before that.
I commented that the club had a great financial year .
Sorry but there was nothing negative.
and youre still bitter about not getting control arent you, The dog remembers your bull from the Wright years. A leopard never changes its spots

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 06 Dec 2018, 14:01

Neither does the Dog. Welcome back VD. :D :D :D

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 08 Dec 2018, 23:44

thedogvinnie wrote:
Robbo wrote:Why do people think I am being difficult?
When the club wanted to sell shares I and others bought them.

It’s just a question because in my view it shows courtesy to shareholders to update them.
It becomes rather pointless to discuss the season before the season just ended.
It has been put in record the club would hold the meeting at the start of a new season to bring us together in what the club is aiming for.

I have been a life member for 30 years and a shareholder since before that.
I commented that the club had a great financial year .
Sorry but there was nothing negative.
and youre still bitter about not getting control arent you, The dog remembers your bull from the Wright years. A leopard never changes its spots
At least I was right about Wright
Truth is always best !

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 09 Dec 2018, 11:19

Everyone with an ounce of sense knew that RW was incompetent and out of his depth, a bit like the last CEO. He set us back years with the 2 delegations and JF leaving him to continue was also a poor and costly error.

At least we appear to be on track with where we are now. Long may this continue but this is Cas, we shall see.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 11 Dec 2018, 03:59

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Everyone with an ounce of sense knew that RW was incompetent and out of his depth, a bit like the last CEO. He set us back years with the 2 delegations and JF leaving him to continue was also a poor and costly error.

At least we appear to be on track with where we are now. Long may this continue but this is Cas, we shall see.
Does that mean Vinnie who defended him does not have any then?
Robbo
Truth is always best !

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 11 Dec 2018, 10:50

Robbo wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Everyone with an ounce of sense knew that RW was incompetent and out of his depth, a bit like the last CEO. He set us back years with the 2 delegations and JF leaving him to continue was also a poor and costly error.

Robbo
what just vinnie who defended him hudds and few more on here who kiss who ever in charge ass :-" :-" same as they are with axiom

derkster
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by derkster » 11 Dec 2018, 11:48

There you go again with the personal abuse then you've got the cheek to talk about other posters being keyboard warriors. What a joke

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 11 Dec 2018, 11:54

[quote="derkster"]There you go again with the personal abuse then you've got the cheek to talk about other posters being keyboard warriors. What a joke[/qu

i am telling truth that s different to having a go with people with spelling problems for no reason ](*,) ](*,)

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 11 Dec 2018, 13:03

derkster wrote:There you go again with the personal abuse then you've got the cheek to talk about other posters being keyboard warriors. What a joke
Use the Foe option...i did. The guy is a wind up merchant,he can't go a week without having digs.

Maybe he isn't a Cas fan?

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 11 Dec 2018, 15:21

Robbo wrote:

Robbo
looks like the dog was right about you never changing your spots, never once did i defend him , i only said he was in charge not you, and that you were acting like a spoilt petulant child because nobody wanted you in charge.
I was right about Robbo

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 11 Dec 2018, 15:26

flow wrote:
Robbo wrote:

Robbo
what just vinnie who defended him hudds and few more on here who kiss who ever in charge ass :-" :-" same as they are with axiom
where has this newbie come from? who kisses ass? have you any idea how stupid you sound?
Castleford RLFC is owned by whoever owns it and all your bluster will make no difference to the day to day operation of their business, like i said on a previous post about Ian Fulton, if its his brass he can do what he likes with it.
grow up man, but please dont breed
are you Robbos little friend?

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 11 Dec 2018, 17:00

thedogvinnie wrote:
flow wrote:
Robbo wrote:

Robbo
where has this newbie come from? who kisses ass? have you any idea how stupid you sound?
Castleford RLFC is owned by whoever owns it and all your bluster will make no difference to the day to day operation of their business, like i said on a previous post about Ian Fulton, if its his brass he can do what he likes with it.
grow up man, but please dont breed

are you Robbos little friend?
dont even now robbo but if he was running club how many would change there opinoin off him lol kiss kiss lmao

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 11 Dec 2018, 17:28

dont even now robbo
I think you mean know not now. To know is "to have developed a relationship with (someone) through meeting and spending time with them; be familiar or friendly with". The definition of now is "at the present time or moment".

HTH

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 11 Dec 2018, 17:39

Tigerade wrote:
dont even now robbo
I think you mean know not now. To know is "to have developed a relationship with (someone) through meeting and spending time with them; be familiar or friendly with". The definition of now is "at the present time or moment".

HTH
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: well done you how many different signs on you got lmao

oldplayer 1

Post by oldplayer 1 » 11 Dec 2018, 17:48

flow wrote:
Tigerade wrote:
dont even now robbo

HTH
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: well done you how many different signs on you got lmao
can all the spelling geniuses please start there own perfect grammar forum, or go watch countdown this is for rugby issues I thought. If your only comeback is pull somebody up on there spelling you must have very sad existence .