Starting Line Up

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: Starting Line Up

Post by the machine » 03 Dec 2018, 19:46

StevieTheTV wrote:
jackknife wrote:Mata’utia
Clare
Minikin
Shenny
Eden
Trueman / Ellis
Roberts
Millo
Macca
Watts
Foster
Meeks
Milner

Jesse
Cook
Moors
Massey / Clark

Its getting harder and harder to pick a team which is a good, for last few seasons most fans could predict our starting 17 from what was available.
Gale gone to Leeds?
It's the lineup for the first game of season that we're going on the consensus that Gale will be missing
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 03 Dec 2018, 19:52

StevieTheTV wrote:
jackknife wrote:Mata’utia
Clare
Minikin
Shenny
Eden
Trueman / Ellis
Roberts
Millo
Macca
Watts
Foster
Meeks
Milner

Jesse
Cook
Moors
Massey / Clark

Its getting harder and harder to pick a team which is a good, for last few seasons most fans could predict our starting 17 from what was available.
Gale gone to Leeds?
Keep up stevie
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 04 Dec 2018, 09:28

Ha!!

Sorry, yesterday was a looooooooong day.

Got to be Trueman and Roberts in the halves if Gale not available.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 04 Dec 2018, 21:13

Cas put an interview video out with Minikin. He said his goal is to play the right centre for us. Does this.mean we aren't looking at anyone else? Who knows ?
🐯 COYF!

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 04 Dec 2018, 21:47

Nobody wrote:Cas put an interview video out with Minikin. He said his goal is to play the right centre for us. Does this.mean we aren't looking at anyone else? Who knows ?

it means he wants to play centre. If there was a interview with Maher he would say I want to start prop, doesn't mean he will of won't.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 04 Dec 2018, 21:55

Casmoley wrote:
Nobody wrote:Cas put an interview video out with Minikin. He said his goal is to play the right centre for us. Does this.mean we aren't looking at anyone else? Who knows ?

it means he wants to play centre. If there was a interview with Maher he would say I want to start prop, doesn't mean he will of won't.
:D

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 05 Dec 2018, 00:58

He's said he wants to play centre on the right, Daryl also basically said he wants him to play centre.

Where do you think he's gonna play?
🐯 COYF!

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 05 Dec 2018, 01:45

Just been looking at some stats from 2015 when he was at York and if he played centre then? He scored 16 tries in 25 appearances.

Apparently he was a real strong running centre and was regarded as a future international star at a young age playing in that role.
🐯 COYF!

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 05 Dec 2018, 09:12

Nobody wrote:He's said he wants to play centre on the right, Daryl also basically said he wants him to play centre.

Where do you think he's gonna play?
Right wing.

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 05 Dec 2018, 11:06

Nobody wrote:Just been looking at some stats from 2015 when he was at York and if he played centre then? He scored 16 tries in 25 appearances.

Apparently he was a real strong running centre and was regarded as a future international star at a young age playing in that role.
Shhhh… people hate the thought of Minikin playing in his chosen position next season! ;)

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 05 Dec 2018, 11:13

A lot of people think Foster will be there. I hope not his passing ability is not very good.

I think it will be Minikin or Roberts personally.
🐯 COYF!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 05 Dec 2018, 13:14

IT looks almost certain that Minikin will start the season at centre that was the position he was brought in to play and that is were DP sees him, a FIT Benny Roberts would get into most teams lets hope he as more luck on the injury front as the poor lad seems to spend more time being unavailable than being available

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BigBez10 » 05 Dec 2018, 14:43

With the players that we know are missing for the first game I think we'll line up something like this:

Peanut
Clare
Minikin
Shenton
Eden
Trueman
Roberts
Watts
McShane
Millo
McMeeken
Foster
Milner

Massey
Jesse
Cook
Moors

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 06 Dec 2018, 15:26

gateman wrote:IT looks almost certain that Minikin will start the season at centre that was the position he was brought in to play and that is were DP sees him, a FIT Benny Roberts would get into most teams lets hope he as more luck on the injury front as the poor lad seems to spend more time being unavailable than being available
On Roberts, I’ve always thought that there is a very good player in there somewhere, but I have to say that he appears lazy sometimes. I just hope DP can re-ignite his enthusiasm back to 2017 levels for his final year with us. If he can remain fit and with the number of positions he can cover we could have a potential match winner off the bench.

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 07 Dec 2018, 13:21

Don't have an issue with BR filling in for Gale at all (despite the popular opinion I still rate him and think he's one of best attacking players) the only thing that does worry me is BR always seems to struggle with the heavy ground in the first 6 weeks or so of the season..................

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 07 Dec 2018, 13:48

As you say Benny the good player he is struggle's on the heavy pitches, step up our pocket battleship Ellis

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 07 Dec 2018, 15:51

BigBez10 wrote:With the players that we know are missing for the first game I think we'll line up something like this:

Peanut
Clare
Minikin
Shenton
Eden
Trueman
Roberts
Watts
McShane
Millo
McMeeken
Foster
Milner

Massey
Jesse
Cook
Moors
Agree with your starting 13 but not sure of the value of having 4 props on the bench when we are moving to only 8 interchanges.
I would have thought a back or utility player would have been a better option . Maybe swop Foster and JSL around.

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 10 Dec 2018, 14:18

gateman wrote:As you say Benny the good player he is struggle's on the heavy pitches, step up our pocket battleship Ellis
Its a good shout that Gateman, I think you've probably nailed it there, Truman and Ellis in the halves for the first 4 to 6 weeks is probably what we are going to see.......

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 10 Dec 2018, 14:38

8 interchanges may actually work to our advantage over the season. Our pack is arguably the most mobile in the league, with pretty much every forward we have able to play 80 minute games. You look at the bigger packs in SL, Catalan, Saints, Hull etc and their big lads will struggle with more minutes.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 10 Dec 2018, 15:08

Heard today the wardle swap deal as fallen through dont now if this is true or pub talk