season ticket sales...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
vandeveldtsbaldhead

Re: season ticket sales...

Post by vandeveldtsbaldhead » 11 Nov 2018, 10:36

Isnt one of the reasons for drop in attendences that we played Catalan Dragons and Huddersfield Giants at home twice.
I also cant see buying one good centre would dramatically increase season ticket sales.
The fixutre dates are chaotic, Thursday games, playing away in Lancashire on Fridays and Thursday nights, not getting home til midnight.

The loss of the majority of games on a Sunday is a bid factor in drop of attendences.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 11 Nov 2018, 19:54

alftupper wrote:a quick Google search reveals our average attendances

2017 9525
2018 7898

I’m sure some pedant may want to adjust these figures but again this was just a quick internet search.

that’s a huge 17% drop

Before Hudds starts with a long tedious list of mitigating reasons, I’m not interested.

This wasn’t a struggling team, it played the most entertaining rugby of the year and made the GF so what happened? Rather than Wells and Co. issuing banal platitudes in the form of 3 year plans they need to focus on this worrying trend that has occurred during their tenure.
All but 2 clubs declined in attendance, Hull and Saints bucking the trend. So is it a Cas problem or a general malaise? My search gave Cas a 12% drop.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Nov 2018, 22:59

HuddsTigers wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:What do people expect from a friendly in December? It is all to generate a few quid and nothing much more really. Nothing comes of it, it has no bearing on anything and the players won’t and don’t go full tilt. Why would they?

I don’t do friendly games, even close to the season to be fair. Can see why they have them pre season but December? No thank you. If you get nothing from it and feel it costs too much why would you go?

My gut feeling is that this has been moved back to later in the month to make it a more meaningful friendly with the season starting first weekend of February.

Probably have 3 friendlies and one reserves/U19 friendly

Fev Friendly (30th December)
Training Camp (w/c 7-11 January) - if we have one
Second Friendly (January 13th) - probably something like Bradford
Third Friendly (January 20th) - probably someone like Wakefield
Reserve Friendly (January 25th Friday night) - probably York or someone like that

Confirmed friendly versus Leeds away on Jan 20th for Kallum Watkins’ testimonial.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 11 Nov 2018, 23:09

Cant wait to get to these friendlys to see all our new signings get a run out????

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 12 Nov 2018, 07:21

cogito ergo sum wrote:
alftupper wrote:a quick Google search reveals our average attendances

2017 9525
2018 7898

I’m sure some pedant may want to adjust these figures but again this was just a quick internet search.

that’s a huge 17% drop

Before Hudds starts with a long tedious list of mitigating reasons, I’m not interested.

This wasn’t a struggling team, it played the most entertaining rugby of the year and made the GF so what happened? Rather than Wells and Co. issuing banal platitudes in the form of 3 year plans they need to focus on this worrying trend that has occurred during their tenure.
All but 2 clubs declined in attendance, Hull and Saints bucking the trend. So is it a Cas problem or a general malaise? My search gave Cas a 12% drop.
I’m not talking about other clubs, I’m talking about Cas. A club who had the best season in their history (League Champions is for me the pinnacle) managing to lose 17% of their support the following year while still playing at or near the top of the league.

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dixie D » 12 Nov 2018, 08:25

Did these attendance figures include the super 8's? I thought our attendances in them were fantastic compared to most, big crowd for us against Catalan which are notoriously poor. Also maybe the number of home fans would be a more a more accurate representation of our support as a number of 'big' games did not bring the usual away following, mainly Leeds, Wakey, can't remember any of the Lanc teams bringing good numbers either compared to previous years.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 12 Nov 2018, 09:03

HuddsTigers wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:What do people expect from a friendly in December? It is all to generate a few quid and nothing much more really. Nothing comes of it, it has no bearing on anything and the players won’t and don’t go full tilt. Why would they?

I don’t do friendly games, even close to the season to be fair. Can see why they have them pre season but December? No thank you. If you get nothing from it and feel it costs too much why would you go?

My gut feeling is that this has been moved back to later in the month to make it a more meaningful friendly with the season starting first weekend of February.

Probably have 3 friendlies and one reserves/U19 friendly

Fev Friendly (30th December)
Training Camp (w/c 7-11 January) - if we have one
Second Friendly (January 13th) - probably something like Bradford
Third Friendly (January 20th) - probably someone like Wakefield
Reserve Friendly (January 25th Friday night) - probably York or someone like that

Confirmed friendly versus Leeds away on Jan 20th for Kallum Watkins’ testimonial.
I used to really enjoy playing Leeds, especially away. Now i'm of sick of the sight of them.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 12 Nov 2018, 10:35

the more times that we are at home on TV brings the number of spectators down I have two mates that look at their money and head off to the pub to watch the game, when not on TV they are on the terraces there must be loads like them I hope the money received from sky for a TV game covers the missing fans but I doubt it does

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: season ticket sales

Post by braytontiger » 12 Nov 2018, 10:52

gateman wrote:the more times that we are at home on TV brings the number of spectators down I have two mates that look at their money and head off to the pub to watch the game, when not on TV they are on the terraces there must be loads like them I hope the money received from sky for a TV game covers the missing fans but I doubt it does

I'd say the 2 million a season covers it and without it we don't have a game so I guess we just have to get on with it. Been on sky hasn't kept the crowds down at Leeds United either at home or away in fact it's driven crowds up in support of the club.

I hate Thursday games as much as the next man but again this as gone on in football for years without complaint so although fairly new to rugby league it's not new to sport.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 12 Nov 2018, 10:59

gateman wrote:the more times that we are at home on TV brings the number of spectators down I have two mates that look at their money and head off to the pub to watch the game, when not on TV they are on the terraces there must be loads like them I hope the money received from sky for a TV game covers the missing fans but I doubt it does
True, twice last season, I missed games due to the convenience of them being on Sky. I'd had a long day at work and got home later than i'd wanted to, it was easier staying home and watching it.

raymonds

Post by raymonds » 12 Nov 2018, 11:52

No doubt about it. That's the only reason I always encourage others to watch the game practically and not in front of the TV.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 12 Nov 2018, 13:26

raymonds wrote:
No doubt about it. That's the only reason I always encourage others to watch the game practically and not in front of the TV.
Not just home fans, but particularly away fans. I think the deciding factor with our gates are the number of away fans. I can't see that home fans dropped by 12% last year, especially as season ticket sales were up on 2017.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 12 Nov 2018, 16:00

cogito ergo sum wrote:
raymonds wrote:
Not just home fans, but particularly away fans. I think the deciding factor with our gates are the number of away fans. I can't see that home fans dropped by 12% last year, especially as season ticket sales were up on 2017.
for the start of the season we have 12 confirmed TV matches home and away only Catalan as more as the season goes on we might be on TV more, sky seems to like to cover CAS because of the football we play atmosphere at home and there are not many teams if any that shows the commitment shown by our supporters by traveling away, teams that have less of their games shown on TV still have the share out at the start of the season, I hope we are not being penalised if the money we are allotted per TY home games doesn't cover the lack of spectators on the terrace

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 12 Nov 2018, 16:07

cogito ergo sum wrote:
raymonds wrote:

A lot of away supporters will be the same as me, sick of travelling over the pennines on a Thursday or Friday night. Wigan away last season in the semi we left the ground at 1615 and missed the kick off at 1945. We also got back to the ground at 0055 and I said then that was the final straw. Why don't they use common sense and zone the night matches and play the others on Sundays.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 12 Nov 2018, 16:22

sparky49 wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:
raymonds wrote:

A lot of away supporters will be the same as me, sick of travelling over the pennines on a Thursday or Friday night. Wigan away last season in the semi we left the ground at 1615 and missed the kick off at 1945. We also got back to the ground at 0055 and I said then that was the final straw. Why don't they use common sense and zone the night matches and play the others on Sundays.
Agreed!

An 80 minute game of rugby is these days turning in to a 4/5 hour round trip!

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 12 Nov 2018, 16:46

The time it takes to get over the pennies on Thursday and Friday nights is ridiculous and getting worse year on year. I rarely miss any games home or away but I certainly won’t be travelling over to Lancashire this coming season. The days of huge travelling support seem to be over purely down to the rubbish M62.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 12 Nov 2018, 17:13

daytona wrote:The time it takes to get over the pennies on Thursday and Friday nights is ridiculous and getting worse year on year. I rarely miss any games home or away but I certainly won’t be travelling over to Lancashire this coming season. The days of huge travelling support seem to be over purely down to the rubbish M62.
Agreed the Wigan away games last season was the final straw for me going to any this coming season.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Nov 2018, 17:45

Scoopage wrote:
daytona wrote:The time it takes to get over the pennies on Thursday and Friday nights is ridiculous and getting worse year on year. I rarely miss any games home or away but I certainly won’t be travelling over to Lancashire this coming season. The days of huge travelling support seem to be over purely down to the rubbish M62.
Agreed the Wigan away games last season was the final straw for me going to any this coming season.
Yeah I said same mate after Wigan game ...Will last till about 4 o clock on day of warrington game lol
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 12 Nov 2018, 17:58

It isn’t just over the Pennines
The whole of the M6 is a car park on a Friday night

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player