season ticket sales...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: season ticket sales...

Post by Squaddie86 » 09 Nov 2018, 11:03

cogito ergo sum wrote:
Squaddie86 wrote:I now have a job which sees me getting every weekend off but spending monday-friday down south.

Its simple economics for me - there are 5 scheduled Sunday home games, 4 of which are on weekends where TV hasn't been decided.

So, probably 2-3 of those will be moved to Thursday or Friday.

No point getting a season ticket. Clubs need to understand that if they don't start to move away from Sky holding all the money and power, dictating everything... they will suffer long term.
All major professional sport is dictated to by TV. It's where the money is. Sport is for the armchair viewer, not the loyal fan.
Maybe we should go down to the championship and we can play every Sunday.

Half of the Premiership football clubs don't need any fans through the gates to function.

Soccer is the largest sport in the world- top clubs can play important fixtures on tuesday and thursday nights and still pack a stadium.

American football is the same - Thursday night and monday night games, but they can afford to do it.

European Rugby League cannot. Unless more revenue streams are found then Super League will continue to lag behind the likes of the NRL.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 09 Nov 2018, 12:22

One of the interesting things about the NRL is that if the club don't sell a certain percentage of tickets, the live tv broadcast won't happen, so they don't let TV be more important than fans through the gates. They always do sell the majority of tickets because there sporting culture is different. It's the main game in winter, fewer games, short season. Franchise lost if not doing good business, etc.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 09 Nov 2018, 13:02

What do people expect from a friendly in December? It is all to generate a few quid and nothing much more really. Nothing comes of it, it has no bearing on anything and the players won’t and don’t go full tilt. Why would they?

I don’t do friendly games, even close to the season to be fair. Can see why they have them pre season but December? No thank you. If you get nothing from it and feel it costs too much why would you go?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 09 Nov 2018, 13:51

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:What do people expect from a friendly in December? It is all to generate a few quid and nothing much more really. Nothing comes of it, it has no bearing on anything and the players won’t and don’t go full tilt. Why would they?

I don’t do friendly games, even close to the season to be fair. Can see why they have them pre season but December? No thank you. If you get nothing from it and feel it costs too much why would you go?

My gut feeling is that this has been moved back to later in the month to make it a more meaningful friendly with the season starting first weekend of February.

Probably have 3 friendlies and one reserves/U19 friendly

Fev Friendly (30th December)
Training Camp (w/c 7-11 January) - if we have one
Second Friendly (January 13th) - probably something like Bradford
Third Friendly (January 20th) - probably someone like Wakefield
Reserve Friendly (January 25th Friday night) - probably York or someone like that
Last edited by HuddsTigers on 09 Nov 2018, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Nov 2018, 13:57

i well remember the friendly we had against hull on boxing day everybody was on a bit of a downer losing the snake in the grass but eden had a great game and everyone went home anticipating a great season ahead
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 09 Nov 2018, 13:59

Getting mine this afternoon, looking forward to seeing the new stock.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 09 Nov 2018, 16:53

as one of the few hundred fans that turn out to watch our under 19s mostly playing on a Thursday night clashing with the TV match, if we cant watch our first team on a Sunday is there any reason the under 19s could not play on Sunday when the first team have played midweek, I am sure the gates would increase to watch the young guns . as season ticket holders get free entry it gives a bit more value

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Nov 2018, 17:57

Whoever plays against fev I'm looking forward to it can't beat a match down lane
Vince Lombardi

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 09 Nov 2018, 18:42

[quote="gateman"]as one of the few hundred fans that turn out to watch our under 19s mostly playing on a Thursday night clashing with the TV match, if we cant watch our first team on a Sunday is there any reason the under 19s could not play on Sunday when the first team have played midweek, I am sure the gates would increase to watch the young guns . as season ticket holders get free entry it gives a bit more value[/

just about every player is part time and are either at college or in some cases have jobs. Sunday is 1 day a week they get off to chill out when there is no training or a game.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 10 Nov 2018, 08:33

Yesterday i signed up for another season. With the shift patterns i work and the dreaded Thursday night games i am resigned to the fact i may miss a couple of home games..maybe more.

At the moment loyalty was the biggest reason for signing up for another season upfront,i can understand some apathy from other supporters...not scoring a point in our last two outings last season, no new signings as yet, the new ground saga (or not) and lack of confidence in the buffons who run the game with their constant swapping and changing of rules,structures and event venues.

I'm hoping for a great pre season for the squad from the off. At least all the coaching team will be present from the start unlike last year!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 10 Nov 2018, 12:26

There is always a certain amount of optimism every pre season and the last 2 season probably more so. How long that optimism stays depends on the coaches and players and the first 5/6 games tells a story.

Last year was not as good as the year before but realistically did anyone think it would be? Maybe not but a top 3 finish and a semi final were big achievements with Gale and Eden missing for big parts of the season. We shall see what becomes of 2019 in good time.

Until the season starts there will always be speculation around the club about many things and people will and do contribute to the topics on here because that is what a forum is meant to do. Or I thought it was. You will always get extreme views on most subjects with the usual suspects being involved.

At the end of all this we will all still be Cas fans, some with season tickets, some not all for differing reasons. Some with shirts some not. Some that agree with everything the club do/say, some not. We won’t always agree on everything.

Happy posting folks, here’s to another good year/season in 2019.

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 10 Nov 2018, 13:22

braytontiger wrote:
gateman wrote:as one of the few hundred fans that turn out to watch our under 19s mostly playing on a Thursday night clashing with the TV match, if we cant watch our first team on a Sunday is there any reason the under 19s could not play on Sunday when the first team have played midweek, I am sure the gates would increase to watch the young guns . as season ticket holders get free entry it gives a bit more value[/

just about every player is part time and are either at college or in some cases have jobs. Sunday is 1 day a week they get off to chill out when there is no training or a game.
To be fair 19s there not promoted enough and not a lot of people are interested in the talent we have if your not a 1st team player cas media are not interested hopefully this will change in 2020 when we get a reserve team

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 10 Nov 2018, 15:19

John wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
gateman wrote:as one of the few hundred fans that turn out to watch our under 19s mostly playing on a Thursday night clashing with the TV match, if we cant watch our first team on a Sunday is there any reason the under 19s could not play on Sunday when the first team have played midweek, I am sure the gates would increase to watch the young guns . as season ticket holders get free entry it gives a bit more value[/

To be fair 19s there not promoted enough and not a lot of people are interested in the talent we have if your not a 1st team player cas media are not interested hopefully this will change in 2020 when we get a reserve team
Again we are slow off the mark waiting until 2020 to run a reserves when many clubs will be running reserves from 2019. Makes me wonder if the club takes youth development as serious as it says. We are going to have a fair number of fringe players struggling to get games under their belt again next year.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 10 Nov 2018, 19:37

a quick Google search reveals our average attendances

2017 9525
2018 7898

I’m sure some pedant may want to adjust these figures but again this was just a quick internet search.

that’s a huge 17% drop

Before Hudds starts with a long tedious list of mitigating reasons, I’m not interested.

This wasn’t a struggling team, it played the most entertaining rugby of the year and made the GF so what happened? Rather than Wells and Co. issuing banal platitudes in the form of 3 year plans they need to focus on this worrying trend that has occurred during their tenure.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 10 Nov 2018, 19:40

Im all for forward planning but you also have to concentrate on the hear and now. I remember richard wright always had a 5 year plan didnt he

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 10 Nov 2018, 20:54

Didn’t Wells join midway through this season? A bit harsh to blame him for these figures dropping.

Every team in most sports will see big increases in support/turnover when things are going well. I just think the situation with the full back and the GF performance showed we still need to work and push on. Did that happen? Maybe not as it should have done.

This season/year was our 2 main contributors missing for the whole and half a season. That doesn’t help matters. I think we will see another drop next year if we don’t start well. These things happen in sport. The only concern I have is that we won’t be signing many new players and if we don’t change the attitude we will drop quickly.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: season ticket sales

Post by braytontiger » 10 Nov 2018, 21:52

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Didn’t Wells join midway through this season? A bit harsh to blame him for these figures dropping.

Every team in most sports will see big increases in support/turnover when things are going well. I just think the situation with the full back and the GF performance showed we still need to work and push on. Did that happen? Maybe not as it should have done.

This season/year was our 2 main contributors missing for the whole and half a season. That doesn’t help matters. I think we will see another drop next year if we don’t start well. These things happen in sport. The only concern I have is that we won’t be signing many new players and if we don’t change the attitude we will drop quickly.
Agree with this ^^ you could say we were without our main 3 contributors from 2017 where the majority of our points were scored,looking back we didn't do too bad this year circumstances given. IMO you can afford 1 season of transition but when 1 turns into 2 it's very easy to slip away so the season coming is massive in terms of which direction in the table we go. I guess I'm like most in that I feel we are just lacking that little bit of quality out wide but we've doubted DP before and he's proved us all wrong many times. Here's to looking forward to 2019

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Nov 2018, 21:58

You can't blame jon wells for things that happened before he came and that set the tone for the season just gone he's right there needs to be a long term plan
We're a couple of good players short of were we should be if they come in id tip us to win one of the big two trophys next year it's not doom and gloom just dissaponting we've not strengthened were we should have ...yet
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 Nov 2018, 22:15

Which games were our biggest YoY droppers from the season before? There’s clearly a few games where circumstances were against the club (Warrington at H for example). Could argue club could have postponed it but given backlog already you can understand why.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 10 Nov 2018, 23:13

Season tickets went up by 1000 for this year but attendance dropped by 2000 leeds games not been a sell out think people got fed up with leeds cas games use to be a sell out no where near this year