Next years fixtures

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Next years fixtures

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Nov 2018, 10:11

Ok thanks...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 02 Nov 2018, 10:16

tigerfeat wrote:Why take the semi - finals to Newcastle how much money dothe rl think your average rugby league supporter as to spend ?
to be fare you don't have to go for weekend but think there a lot people will .there was a lot off neutrals at last years semi
a lot off people will book and go who ever gets there just for a good weekend away . The only problem is the size off the ground if you get 25thousand cant se it being a cracking atmosphere as Bolton was. maybe should a switch the final to Newcastle because Wembley being half empty and had semi s at Bolton again.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 02 Nov 2018, 10:30

The RFL continue to shoot themselves in the foot.

They have had some success with the magic at Newcastle, which is far enough away to encourage people to go for the weekend and is right on the edge of a city centre with a choice of pubs etc.

Instead they want to go to Liverpool, which means all the Saints, Salford, Wire and Wigan fans will go straight home after their games. That's if they go at all, based on the ticket sales for the only test match West of the pennines they probably won't. Whilst the fans from this side of the pennines are stuck in a stadium with very little offer around the ground.

To then have the semis at St James' Park is suicidal, working on this year's system it will be played on a Sunday afternoon and shown live on BBC. Let's say that this year's top 4 make the semis, they'd be asking the fans of 3 teams to make a 6 hour return trip to watch a game that's free on TV, 2 or 3 weeks before a potential trip to Wembley. Be lucky to get 20k there, which will appear awful on national TV.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 02 Nov 2018, 11:08

Spanishtiger wrote:The RFL continue to shoot themselves in the foot.

They have had some success with the magic at Newcastle, which is far enough away to encourage people to go for the weekend and is right on the edge of a city centre with a choice of pubs etc.

Instead they want to go to Liverpool, which means all the Saints, Salford, Wire and Wigan fans will go straight home after their games. That's if they go at all, based on the ticket sales for the only test match West of the pennines they probably won't. Whilst the fans from this side of the pennines are stuck in a stadium with very little offer around the ground.

To then have the semis at St James' Park is suicidal, working on this year's system it will be played on a Sunday afternoon and shown live on BBC. Let's say that this year's top 4 make the semis, they'd be asking the fans of 3 teams to make a 6 hour return trip to watch a game that's free on TV, 2 or 3 weeks before a potential trip to Wembley. Be lucky to get 20k there, which will appear awful on national TV.
One thing for shore rugby league as one off the biggest winghing fans in any other sport were ever they would have taken it people would moan jesus give it a chance people moaned about Newcastle and said wont work

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 02 Nov 2018, 19:18

Just to be clear my comments only related to grounds where I’ve spent money to watch Rugby League. I hope you enjoy Anfield and that they have the public transport sorted. My experience was that it was awful for the Four Nations Final 2 years ago and on the basis of that and the distance it is from the City Centre I’m not confident that it’s a good venue for a two day weekend. That’s all.

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 03 Nov 2018, 13:45

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Just to be clear my comments only related to grounds where I’ve spent money to watch Rugby League. I hope you enjoy Anfield and that they have the public transport sorted. My experience was that it was awful for the Four Nations Final 2 years ago and on the basis of that and the distance it is from the City Centre I’m not confident that it’s a good venue for a two day weekend. That’s all.

Your experience differs strongly from mine - free shuttle busses were put on from town to anfield and back again after the game, not a single issue.

In fact the whole thing seemed to be run as i would expect from a well supported football club who are used to dealing with the logistics of large crowds.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 03 Nov 2018, 14:14

I queued for one and s half hours just to get on the bus back not including the journey.No one was happy (must have been a different queue) but as I said in my reply I hope that they get it sorted this weekend.
If they do, it might be better.
The real issue though is the location. Cardiff and Newcastle being city centre locations knock it into a cocked hat, particularly if as we do, you go for the weekend and want to dip out of the stadium from time to time.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 04 Nov 2018, 10:02

Tamworth Tiger wrote:I queued for one and s half hours just to get on the bus back not including the journey.No one was happy (must have been a different queue) but as I said in my reply I hope that they get it sorted this weekend.
If they do, it might be better.
The real issue though is the location. Cardiff and Newcastle being city centre locations knock it into a cocked hat, particularly if as we do, you go for the weekend and want to dip out of the stadium from time to time.
Liverpool last night wow what a great place to drink i thought newcastle was good but this topped it plenty bars near ground too so stop moaning seriously you want five hour drive to cardiff with hardly any hotels close to ground

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 04 Nov 2018, 10:11

He's stating a fact anfield is a fair distance from the city centre if you want to nip out the ground and have a wonder around the city you can't if you want to nip out into a pub and get [REMOVED] ideal ...
Vince Lombardi

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 04 Nov 2018, 10:39

John wrote:Fixtures relised 6th nov also magic weekend will be inc and cup games
Fixtures for public viewing, Friday 16th or Monday 19th November, all clubs will know a week before, this is from an reliable source. But someone will be privy to seeing them before then and we will see them on this Forum I believe.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 04 Nov 2018, 14:12

no mention yet RE pre season friendly's, I cant wait for the season to restart but at least friendly's half help to get my RFL fix

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 04 Nov 2018, 23:31

wonder if they had to wait on wigan negotiating for the wcc. they are limited to how many home games they can play at the dw in the football season and the wcc will have taken up one of them. so no doubt every one else will have to bend over to accommodate them and then they'll have a run in of mostly home games again. cas v wigan first game any one? well hello zac.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 05 Nov 2018, 00:46

fast hands wrote:
John wrote:Fixtures relised 6th nov also magic weekend will be inc and cup games
Fixtures for public viewing, Friday 16th or Monday 19th November, all clubs will know a week before, this is from an reliable source. But someone will be privy to seeing them before then and we will see them on this Forum I believe.
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... st-2158404
Says 6th

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 05 Nov 2018, 12:04

John wrote:
fast hands wrote:
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... st-2158404
Says 6th
Sorry John, didn't want people jumping the gun, but clubs will find out tomorrow the 6th. Just a sneak preview, Rat Boy as he is lovingly called by most Tiger fans, will be visiting the Jungle on the 1st of Feb with his new team.
For the full fixtures, the RL will publish after all clubs have been informed.
I heard some fans were going to give London a visit instead of going to Catalans, maybe a re-think as Castleford visit on the 23rd of FEB.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 05 Nov 2018, 12:29

I'll be going to London away if it's on a Friday night or Saturday. It's been ages since my last trip, might even go on the wally trolley and drink a few beers.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Nov 2018, 13:20

so catalan home our first game then ..it says in one of the rugby papers first round will be local derbys i maybe miss-read it tho
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 05 Nov 2018, 13:49

I was questioning the use of Anfield with what some of our fans were saying on here and I was surprised when a crowd of over 26,000 turned up yesterday

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 05 Nov 2018, 14:04

I really wish it could of been us playing Catalan at the Nou Camp. What an experience that would have been as both a football fan and rugby fan. As well as taking in Barcelona for the weekend.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 05 Nov 2018, 14:24

heritage1926 wrote:I really wish it could of been us playing Catalan at the Nou Camp. What an experience that would have been as both a football fan and rugby fan. As well as taking in Barcelona for the weekend.
I agree but wish her the big games not us.