Castleford eyeing Webster replacement

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
jackknife
Verified

Re: Castleford eyeing Webster replacement

Post by jackknife » 31 Oct 2018, 08:50

lurcher wrote:
gateman wrote:Lewis Carr, the club are hoping the lad can bulk up in the off season they have given a target weight they would like him to attain. next year he will be set another target , the lad is only just 18 and only slightly built if he can bulk up and retain the speed and skills he as we will have an hell of a player, IF we can keep hold of him
Thats correct geteman, they've done the same with a lot of players including minikin.
Has anyone seen Minikin recently? Has he bulked up at all?
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 31 Oct 2018, 11:45

jackknife wrote:
lurcher wrote:
gateman wrote:Lewis Carr, the club are hoping the lad can bulk up in the off season they have given a target weight they would like him to attain. next year he will be set another target , the lad is only just 18 and only slightly built if he can bulk up and retain the speed and skills he as we will have an hell of a player, IF we can keep hold of him
Thats correct geteman, they've done the same with a lot of players including minikin.
Has anyone seen Minikin recently? Has he bulked up at all?
He has bulked up, but doesn't look like a carpet carrier that some expect a rugby player to look like.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 31 Oct 2018, 18:06

Minikin by the look of him is not far off the size of Gildart

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 01 Nov 2018, 08:05

gateman wrote:Minikin by the look of him is not far off the size of Gildart
If only he was as good.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 02 Nov 2018, 15:25

Would anyone have Ben Currie playing in the centre's if he became available. I know he's been injured a lot but he's only 24.
🐯 COYF!

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 02 Nov 2018, 17:06

Nobody wrote:Would anyone have Ben Currie playing in the centre's if he became available. I know he's been injured a lot but he's only 24.
Isn't he the second coming of christ along with Stevie ward?

GeorgeMcfly

Post by GeorgeMcfly » 02 Nov 2018, 17:19

Nobody wrote:Would anyone have Ben Currie playing in the centre's if he became available. I know he's been injured a lot but he's only 24.
Warrington are not going to let Ben Currie go hahaha

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 02 Nov 2018, 17:46

He won't leave Warrington for any team other than one in NRL imo
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 02 Nov 2018, 18:03

Bit odd this? Warrington don't even play Ben Currie in the centres, so why would we?

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 02 Nov 2018, 19:48

He does play out wide on the left, a bit like Olly for us. Might just make a centre like Bateman has, but he's an injury nightmare.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 02 Nov 2018, 20:25

Played centre in his early days. Just a thought with all the injury time he's had, just wondered if Warrington might of considered getting shut.

You never know.

Anyway doesn't look like we're going to make any signings now ready for pre season. Hopefully Truey deal is one that's incremental over time and doesn't add to this season's cap too much.
🐯 COYF!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 02 Nov 2018, 20:30

Nobody wrote:Played centre in his early days. Just a thought with all the injury time he's had, just wondered if Warrington might of considered getting shut.

You never know.

Anyway doesn't look like we're going to make any signings now ready for pre season. Hopefully Truey deal is one that's incremental over time and doesn't add to this season's cap too much.
The total value is spread over the length of the contract to stop clubs from losing contracts towards the end then getting rid of players. EG If Trueman is on £500,000 over the four years, £125,000 with count towards the cap for each season

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Nov 2018, 21:11

Nobody wrote:Played centre in his early days. Just a thought with all the injury time he's had, just wondered if Warrington might of considered getting shut.

You never know.

I'd be surprised if we don't announce a couple of new signings shortly ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 03 Nov 2018, 10:03

I don't think we will sign anyone before the season KO for a start who is there to buy ?? we will most likely wait till a player wants to leave a club or as been pushed out, it worked for us this year

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 03 Nov 2018, 14:14

gateman wrote:I don't think we will sign anyone before the season KO for a start who is there to buy ?? we will most likely wait till a player wants to leave a club or as been pushed out, it worked for us this year
That's the way to do your recruiting, is this really the way to go for a side with asperations.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 05 Nov 2018, 11:02

Sharlotiger wrote:
gateman wrote:I don't think we will sign anyone before the season KO for a start who is there to buy ?? we will most likely wait till a player wants to leave a club or as been pushed out, it worked for us this year
That's the way to do your recruiting, is this really the way to go for a side with asperations.
But some seem to think we buy players in a scattergun way, hoping a few make it. Maybe the right players aren't available yet or are waiting for all offers before deciding?

The whinos are paying Hurrell twice as much as our top player and looking to pay more for another. We can't compete with them until we get into the new ground.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 05 Nov 2018, 13:26

As I understand it, Cas are paying the full salary cap, just the same as Leeds do so we do appear to be competing on a reasonably level playing field. We just may not be able to sign a marquee player but even Leeds can only sign one of them.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 05 Nov 2018, 13:29

mart0042 wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
But some seem to think we buy players in a scattergun way, hoping a few make it. Maybe the right players aren't available yet or are waiting for all offers before deciding?

The whinos are paying Hurrell twice as much as our top player and looking to pay more for another. We can't compete with them until we get into the new ground.
if there paying hurrell that much someone at leeds as not bothered watching much vision of him defending
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 05 Nov 2018, 14:27

tigerfeat wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:

if there paying hurrell that much someone at leeds as not bothered watching much vision of him defending
No but they'll sell an extra 1000 season tickets on the back of it.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 05 Nov 2018, 14:31

Flat Capper wrote:As I understand it, Cas are paying the full salary cap, just the same as Leeds do so we do appear to be competing on a reasonably level playing field. We just may not be able to sign a marquee player but even Leeds can only sign one of them.
If a crowd average of 7.5k means top salary cap, imagine what 16.5k does and then 1000 corporate payers on top. There's your marquee money x2 and new players, extra facilities, it goes on.