2019 kit released

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: 2019 kit released

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Oct 2018, 11:49

If it’s the design I get that. People have different tastes - some like things simple, some like things jazzy. That’s human nature. It’s the “I’m not buying it because it’s the wrong shade of amber/orange” crowd that frustrate me. I can’t believe that people would be so precious over something fairly minor like that and then plump for an alternative shirt that doesn’t even contain the colour at all. There’s nothing better for me in photos than seeing a sea of orange/amber/yellow. Photos from away days are great. Places like Magic where we stand out.

At the end of the day the club is doing great financially at the moment it seems, much better than it was. I’m sure that everyone does their own part in their own way. But for me I’m happy to put cash in because I want to see us successful and if we do it playing in tangerine, neon orange or luminous yellow, I couldn’t give two tosses. Just want to see us with our hands on those trophies.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Oct 2018, 11:51

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Should point out that the main colour on the Cas coat of arms is the heraldic colour gules which is red
The castle and eagle are or (gold) and in no way does that look orange

Looks pretty orange to me, not too different to the shirt. I know it is meant to be gold but to me gold is something a bit different to that. Or if the background is red that’s too bright for red! Perceptions hey?
Attachments
E0B7DFBE-9D6E-4301-B71B-999E1584E48B.jpeg
E0B7DFBE-9D6E-4301-B71B-999E1584E48B.jpeg (32.13 KiB) Viewed 185 times

Easy Tiger 2
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Easy Tiger 2 » 28 Oct 2018, 12:02

HuddsTigers wrote:
Mysterio wrote:Never ceases to amaze me how far HT attempts to crawl up the backside of our clubs officals. It’s almost like she’s grooming and manourvering for a promotion at work :lol:

The home shirt is shocking.

Tango Orange isn’t our colour.
It has nothing to do with my relationship with the club. It’s just the continuous whining every single season about this. It’s dull. It was done for a reason.

That some people want to cry about the colour says more about you and how far the club has come.

Personally there are more important things to worry about. I could understand if the club said tomorrow we are going to be playing in blue full stop. But the fact is that we haven’t. We are orange, amber, white and black. Those are our brand colours. Those are the club colours. We have orange in our club logo. Heck we even have red.

It’s hypocritical that some people would buy the same design if it came in yellow and no doubt love it. The design is simple, it’s great. Orange or yellow it is Castleford. Buying shirts helps us keep recruiting and retaining better players as does buying STs.

By all means sit here and whine all you want and be patronising. I find a delicious irony that people want to moan about it not being amber but then love a shirt that is all black and doesn’t contain a trace of amber on it. :lol:
But people have the right to an opinion,even if it’s different to yours!!!

If they are saying they are would buy it in yellow and black but won’t buy this it’s their right Hudds to say so without being told to shut up or be convinced otherwise.You put the point forward as to why it changed to Orange but leave it there instead of attacking people,the very thing you kick off about if it happens to you!

Back on topic I actually like both shirts and whatever the colours we look very distinctive!!Hope it’s a Grand Final shirt!!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Oct 2018, 12:13

You’re right and for that I apologise. Everyone is entitled to their own views.

I just find it tedious that after 4 years of this now people haven’t moved on.

Dislike it fine. We don’t need the same old comments every season about the colour. It’s here to stay for now. As I’ve said, there are more important issues with the club and the team (in my opinion) than this.

Anyway, I’ve said my twenty four pence worth (probably too much) and for anyone upset I’m sorry. I’ll leave this thread here.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 28 Oct 2018, 12:20

I’m more interested in the heart under the shirt be it orange amber yellow pink or green.
Priority imo is what happens on the field.

If I had to put my two penny worth in I’m pretty much old school.
But it’s orange and orange it will stay.
The new generation will know nothing different, Orange will be the norm eventually.
I have lots of good memories in my brain bank of classy cas winning trophies in black and amber, that will never be taken away from me.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 28 Oct 2018, 13:09

Over the years we've played in white, lemon, Amber, orange, grey, black, blue, turquoise, red and green.

Personally I get a shirt every year, since we went orange I've gone home, away, home, magic.

Can sort of see where hudds comment about sales comes in, there are very few sports teams in the UK who play in orange which makes us very recognisable as a brand.

Also agree with what ocl said, it's more about what's in the shirt than the colour of it.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 28 Oct 2018, 13:39

blackpool boroughs official colour used to be tangerine. black and tans has a ring to it
jo brand is eddie warings love child

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 28 Oct 2018, 14:17

orrsome wrote:Very similar to the 2004 home shirt!!!!
http://www.oldrugbyshirts.com/img/shirt ... x375x1.jpg
Lets hope events on the field don't end the same as that season 8-[

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 28 Oct 2018, 14:20

North Leeds Tiger wrote:I wish they would go back to white shorts with the relevant trim
Why have you still got yours. :D

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 28 Oct 2018, 14:57

Spanishtiger wrote:Over the years we've played in white, lemon, Amber, orange, grey, black, blue, turquoise, red and green.

Personally I get a shirt every year, since we went orange I've gone home, away, home, magic.

Can sort of see where hudds comment about sales comes in, there are very few sports teams in the UK who play in orange which makes us very recognisable as a brand.

Also agree with what ocl said, it's more about what's in the shirt than the colour of it.
You are right we have played in a variety of colours in the past, But we have to move on the colours are more vibrant now its what the younger generation want .They like for example the Australian indigenous shirts and buy a lot of them, personally I think they look like an Explosion in a paint factory ,My own personnel gripe was when they took the coat of arms of the shirt and replaced it with the tigers head. But there again it is aimed at a younger Generation. And I can except this. It is what Marketing Your product is all about .Most of you on here who are posting your objections to the colours seem to be the more senior of fans who have watch Cas for a long time like I have ,Move with it ,And remember what your mothers told .ITS NOT THE COVER THAT MAKES THE BOOK. By the way I am a lot older than most of you on here and still buy the shirts don't miss a game even though I am in my 80s. :dance: :dance:

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 28 Oct 2018, 15:37

[quote="Mysterio"]Never ceases to amaze me how far HT attempts to crawl up the backside of our clubs officals. It’s almost like she’s grooming and manourvering for a promotion at work :lol:

Spot on Mysterio. You do realise that it may threaten to leave the forum if you keep bullying and harassing it. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 28 Oct 2018, 17:52

HuddsTigers wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:Should point out that the main colour on the Cas coat of arms is the heraldic colour gules which is red
The castle and eagle are or (gold) and in no way does that look orange

Looks pretty orange to me, not too different to the shirt. I know it is meant to be gold but to me gold is something a bit different to that. Or if the background is red that’s too bright for red! Perceptions hey?
To be clear I’m just telling you what the grant of arms was and it’s definitely red. If you don’t believe me just google it.
Orange isn’t really an heraldic colour in the UK. How the hell we’ve ended up discussing this on a Cas RL website is beyond me. I don’t think our views really differ much but orange is definitely not part of the Cas Coat of Arms

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 28 Oct 2018, 17:54

Spanishtiger wrote:Over the years we've played in white, lemon, Amber, orange, grey, black, blue, turquoise, red and green.

Think I’ve got purple and also a black and gold one too

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 28 Oct 2018, 19:13

The club should do what Wigan and Hull do - a nontraditional kit every 3rd year.

So for Cas 2 years Amber then a year bright orange or preferably white. That is how you freshen things up.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Oct 2018, 19:24

Compromise is the best form of pleasing everyone.

Personally I think we should have home in orange, alternative in a random colour and a heritage shirt for Magic/Super 8s just like the range the club have released.

That way if the club communicated this and said it as a clear plan then I think it would avoid the arguments amongst fans and many of the discussions over orange.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 28 Oct 2018, 21:42

yorkie1bn wrote:

You are right we have played in a variety of colours in the past, But we have to move on the colours are more vibrant now its what the younger generation want .They like for example the Australian indigenous shirts and buy a lot of them, personally I think they look like an Explosion in a paint factory ,My own personnel gripe was when they took the coat of arms of the shirt and replaced it with the tigers head. But there again it is aimed at a younger Generation. And I can except this. It is what Marketing Your product is all about .Most of you on here who are posting your objections to the colours seem to be the more senior of fans who have watch Cas for a long time like I have ,Move with it ,And remember what your mothers told .ITS NOT THE COVER THAT MAKES THE BOOK. By the way I am a lot older than most of you on here and still buy the shirts don't miss a game even though I am in my 80s. :dance: :dance:
not sure that always true and doesn't always work yorkie mate. wakey dropped the wildcats badge and name and went back to the old fleur de lys badge by popular request.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 28 Oct 2018, 22:54

Why not do a fans poll like they did with the match programme. Funnily enough the fans voted for it to be called ‘Black and Amber’!

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 29 Oct 2018, 08:10

HuddsTigers wrote:I find a delicious irony that people want to moan about it not being amber but then love a shirt that is all black and doesn’t contain a trace of amber on it. :lol:
Delicious irony?

How about a man/woman who rails against the very topic of shirt colour and how boring the discussion is being the most prolific poster on the subject :lol:

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 29 Oct 2018, 08:41

I thought I had put a post on about liking a black shirt but I can’t now find it. If that was the post you were having a go at I’m quite happy to explain why there was nothing ironic about me doing so although I do think it’s been done to death now

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 29 Oct 2018, 08:43

As a ‘young’ supporter at 34 years old, I’ve seen a lot of different colour shirts and attempts at Amber. My first year supporting in 92 the shirt was predominately white with a yellow V. The away shirt was almost all amber. The next shirt out we had an amber and black kit, with a green and purple away one. We the. Had a centenary shirt at the beginning of super league with a yellow and white kit and red and white away strip.
Then Super League began and we had a new strip every year starting with a kit similar to 2019’s but closer to amber than this years orange... And so on.

Over the last 23 years we’ve seen our kits vary from canary yellow, closer to amber and neon orange with away kits that were red, blue, purple and green, black, white etc.

It is just a phase and potentially even next season 2020 will see us with a change in colour scheme again.

Long live the Tigers!!!