Next years fixtures

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gerin2em

Next years fixtures

Post by gerin2em » 28 Oct 2018, 13:24

Can anyone enlighten me about the fixture system for next season. According to the RL website all teams will play each other home and away, 22 games, plus magic weekend,23 games, plus 6 "additional fixtures", 29 games in total. I can not find out about these 6 additional fixtures, there doesn't seem to be any info out there to work out which 6 additional teams we will play. Will it be the top 6? the bottom 6? a random selection? or by drawing lots? Please don't tell me the RL haven't sorted this one out yet. Cheers....COYF

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Next years fixtures

Post by lurcher » 28 Oct 2018, 13:26

the 6 extra are called "loop fixtures" but i'm not sure if they've decided who will play who yet, or even what format to use.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Oct 2018, 13:32

The 6 extra fixtures are loop fixtures and the belief/agreed proposal from what I’m aware of is that all the teams in even positions will play all those in odd.

However, I’m not sure if Warrington making the Grand Final changes who we were meant to play (by definition Warrington finished 2nd as runners up). This would mean we finished 4th as the lowest ranked of the semi finalists.

So either we will play games against:
Wigan, Saints, Wakefield, Catalans, Salford, Hull KR

Or if it’s based on final positions at end of Super 8s:
Wigan, Wire, Hudds, Hull, Leeds, London

Magic Weekend is being determined on finishing position 1 v 3, 2 v 4 etc, so we would either have Saints or Wire at Magic.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

gerin2em

Post by gerin2em » 28 Oct 2018, 15:19

HuddsTigers wrote:The 6 extra fixtures are loop fixtures and the belief/agreed proposal from what I’m aware of is that all the teams in even positions will play all those in odd.

However, I’m not sure if Warrington making the Grand Final changes who we were meant to play (by definition Warrington finished 2nd as runners up). This would mean we finished 4th as the lowest ranked of the semi finalists.

Magic Weekend is being determined on finishing position 1 v 3, 2 v 4 etc, so we would either have Saints or Wire at Magic.
Thanks for that Hudds. That would make sense (I think).

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 31 Oct 2018, 13:19

gerin2em wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:The 6 extra fixtures are loop fixtures and the belief/agreed proposal from what I’m aware of is that all the teams in even positions will play all those in odd.

I can’t see the 1 v 3, 2 v 4 being applied at Magic, as that would mean those teams playing each other 4 times, I reckon we will have the even numbered team playing an odd numbered team, although this is the rfl, so anything is possible.
Danny Boy

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 31 Oct 2018, 18:28

Danny Boy wrote:
gerin2em wrote:

I can’t see the 1 v 3, 2 v 4 being applied at Magic, as that would mean those teams playing each other 4 times, I reckon we will have the even numbered team playing an odd numbered team, although this is the rfl, so anything is possible.
Odds v evens is being applied to the loop fixtures.

Reality is we'll either play

7 teams 3 times (21 games)
4 teams 2 times (8 games)

OR

1 team 4 times (4 games)
5 teams 3 times (15 games)
5 teams 2 times (10 games)

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 31 Oct 2018, 20:44

the RFL seem to go out of their way to complicate things, I don't see any improvement on what we had last year, there again I could not see sense in players on the field not wearing their positional numbers 1 to 17 or an hooker being used like he used to be today the scrums are a laugh

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 01 Nov 2018, 10:06

I've just about explained how the middle and super 8's work to colleagues at work, then the RFL go and do this!

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 01 Nov 2018, 14:44

Fixtures relised 6th nov also magic weekend will be inc and cup games

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Nov 2018, 17:13

Magic weekend at anfield both cc semi finals at Newcastle
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 01 Nov 2018, 17:55

tigerfeat wrote:Magic weekend at anfield both cc semi finals at Newcastle
Noooo, I hate Liverpool.
Cardiff, Edinburgh, Manchester, Newcastle all better city's for me.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 01 Nov 2018, 19:38

Having been to the Four Nations Final at Anfield that sounds like a terrible idea to me. Public transport was shocking and the dipping in and out that you can do in brilliant venues like Cardiff and Newcastle would be impossible
Also agree both Edinburgh and Manchester are also good. Would also rule out Coventry after the four nations experience there

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Nov 2018, 20:33

I would imagine they would put on special buses from Liverpool centre to anfield otherwise it will be a nightmare especially for people wanting to get back to the centre after the last game on Saturday
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 01 Nov 2018, 21:39

They did put them on for the Four Nations and it was a nightmare getting back

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 01 Nov 2018, 21:39

Since when has the convenience of the fans been a consideration? This is the RFL we’re talking about! ](*,)

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Nov 2018, 22:15

Why take the semi - finals to Newcastle how much money dothe rl think your average rugby league supporter as to spend ?
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 02 Nov 2018, 09:12

With the comments on here RE Anfield it looks like RFL will be left with egg on its face with a drop in crowd numbers, taking the semi finals further afield will also help to DROP the crowds, giving only a short time for fans to book accommodation, the RFL are like those in parliament they think they no better than the people who pay their wages,

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 02 Nov 2018, 09:26

I wonder if given the shambolic followings from Saints, Warrington and to an extent Wigan for clubs of their size last year in getting to Newcastle for Magic last year, I wonder if the RFL is pandering to these clubs in a bid to get the attendance up by making it just down the road from them rather than an actual neutral location where all clubs have to travel.

There's no doubting that those 3 clubs possess bigger attendances than most of the Yorkshire clubs (only Leeds and Hull can really rival them).

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Nov 2018, 09:48

HuddsTigers wrote:I wonder if given the shambolic followings from Saints, Warrington and to an extent Wigan for clubs of their size last year in getting to Newcastle for Magic last year, I wonder if the RFL is pandering to these clubs in a bid to get the attendance up by making it just down the road from them rather than an actual neutral location where all clubs have to travel.

There's no doubting that those 3 clubs possess bigger attendances than most of the Yorkshire clubs (only Leeds and Hull can really rival them).
You may well be right I've stopped trying to understand what the r.l is thinking but theve moved from Newcastle with the ground perfectly situated for a two day rugby event to anfield totally the opposite
The other point is there are good signs of rugby starting to grow in Newcastle with the team doing well and looking to get in the championship over the next few years and I know theve given them the semi - finals but it just seems to me another clueless decision from the people who run the game
Vince Lombardi

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 02 Nov 2018, 10:07

tigerfeat wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:I wonder if given the shambolic followings from Saints, Warrington and to an extent Wigan for clubs of their size last year in getting to Newcastle for Magic last year, I wonder if the RFL is pandering to these clubs in a bid to get the attendance up by making it just down the road from them rather than an actual neutral location where all clubs have to travel.

You may well be right I've stopped trying to understand what the r.l is thinking but theve moved from Newcastle with the ground perfectly situated for a two day rugby event to anfield totally the opposite
The other point is there are good signs of rugby starting to grow in Newcastle with the team doing well and looking to get in the championship over the next few years and I know theve given them the semi - finals but it just seems to me another clueless decision from the people who run the game[/quote

but a think the all idea off haveing magic weekend was to have it have different venues yes newcastle was great place being great four years specially for us unbeaten there . But whingeing about liverpool with out even trying it yet is beyond me some moan for sake off it. am going this weekend for england game will let you now how it is .