2019 kit released

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

2019 kit released

Post by Matt » 27 Oct 2018, 10:28

For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: 2019 kit released

Post by Nobody » 27 Oct 2018, 10:49

Like the black shirt, think I'll ask Santa for it. :D
🐯 COYF!

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 27 Oct 2018, 11:18

Third kit is interesting but the home one is a shocker.

Don’t mind a simple design but do right! Hull KRs home shirt, for example, is bob on.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 27 Oct 2018, 11:42

Has anyone got one yet? Do they have the same material all over or do they have different paneled shoulders

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Oct 2018, 11:57

That home one is gorgeous. I love it.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Darnsarf

Post by Darnsarf » 27 Oct 2018, 12:01

Excellent idea to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the end of WW1 - it's just a pity that in 2019 this will be a year late.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 27 Oct 2018, 12:56

Darnsarf wrote:Excellent idea to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the end of WW1 - it's just a pity that in 2019 this will be a year late.
Armistice 11th November 1918
Treaty of Versailles 1919

If they'd have worn it this season it would have been too early.
All the other teams are doing poppy shirts for next season, you'd like to think that someone at SL, RFL or the individual clubs has spoken to the British Legion...

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 27 Oct 2018, 13:33

Not a fan of the home shirt at all...plus the shorts & socks look very similar to last season....too blinking orange for my liking.

A very lazy day in the XBlades design office when the home kit was thought about. Its possible the away & third shirt will outsell the home shirt, the latter i wouldn't mind given the charities involved,well done to the club on that score.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 27 Oct 2018, 13:56

I will compliment the club on the off field range though. One polo shirt especially is fantastic :clap:

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 27 Oct 2018, 14:02

Once again it's the wrong colour so once again I'll skip it.

Hope the new retro stuff outsells this garbage big time, Amber not high vis orange please.

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 27 Oct 2018, 14:31

Don't like the home one once again too orange.when will the club realise that the majority of fans dislike too much orange in ????????

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Oct 2018, 15:34

When will the club realise when sales figures show this shade of amber (Pantone name could be amber)/orange sells more :roll:

Amber is a shade of orange
Tigers are orange
The club colours are amber, orange, white and black.

It’s been about five years now. Get over it and move on. It is boring having this every single season.

You all want better/more players - how about backing the club.

100%tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 100%tiger » 27 Oct 2018, 15:49

HuddsTigers wrote:When will the club realise when sales figures show this shade of amber (Pantone name could be amber)/orange sells more :roll:

Tigers are orange

It’s been about five years now. Get over it and move on. It is boring having this every single season.

well said Hudds couldn’t agree more

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 27 Oct 2018, 15:59

HuddsTigers wrote:When will the club realise when sales figures show this shade of amber (Pantone name could be amber)/orange sells more :roll:

Tigers are orange

The shirts are selling better because the team is better, not because the shirt is like a high vis vest.

Buying something just because it has a Cas badge on is sending the wrong message. That is also not "backing the club" - that's allowing them to keep making the same mistakes. Just like people like you blindly backing everything they did let them think they were doing a good thing by handing out those atrocious contracts to the likes of Hudson & McGoldrick.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 27 Oct 2018, 16:02

HuddsTigers wrote:
People in glass houses...

All you’ve done for the last ten years is cut and paste extracts from WMDC Planning Portal.

You are the epitome of boring.

In terms of the colour it’s probably best to stop talking about amber. For decades we played in what I would describe as yellow and black, but over recent seasons we have changed to orange and black. Personally I much prefer yellow.

100%tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 100%tiger » 27 Oct 2018, 16:57

We could play in green for all I care am cas through and through and will there fore buy the seasons shirt

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Oct 2018, 17:02

alftupper wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
People in glass houses...

All you’ve done for the last ten years is cut and paste extracts from WMDC Planning Portal.

You are the epitome of boring.

In terms of the colour it’s probably best to stop talking about amber. For decades we played in what I would describe as yellow and black, but over recent seasons we have changed to orange and black. Personally I much prefer yellow.
Here he is, Mr Negative :lol:

All I’ve done for the last 10 years and longer is support my club, back it and be there every week win or lose. What have you done exactly, Mr Fun and Exciting?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Oct 2018, 17:07

TheSheriff wrote:

Tigers are orange

The shirts are selling better because the team is better, not because the shirt is like a high vis vest.

Buying something just because it has a Cas badge on is sending the wrong message. That is also not "backing the club" - that's allowing them to keep making the same mistakes. Just like people like you blindly backing everything they did let them think they were doing a good thing by handing out those atrocious contracts to the likes of Hudson & McGoldrick.
If people truly disliked the colour like you intimate they wouldn’t buy the home shirt but the other ones.

Fact is people support their club. They couldn’t care less whether it’s neon orange, lemon, yellow, amber, or gold, they will still be there backing the club. Orange and amber are the club’s colours.

It’s only a mistake if people don’t buy it. People are buying it - as the revenue figures show. Just like people buy those garish and weird, whacky designs for the T-shirts that we keep getting every season. There are more important factors than a colour. People blindly buying shirts as you say it has enabled us to have this success. It’s cyclical. The more fans invest the more they can spend.

Leeds tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Leeds tiger » 27 Oct 2018, 17:10

I’m not too big a fan of this years home shirt, though last years and other orange ones have been good. I couldn’t care what colour they are. I’ll be getting the third kit definitely anyway. Great idea and design

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Oct 2018, 17:14

Incidentally, not to bring facts into this but we changed to Amber after the 2014 season.

So the change to orange has coincided with our success given 2014 was the first season we finished in the top 4 and the CC Final. We almost went bust that year though and had to sell Daz Clark at the end of that year.

Since we changed to orange, changed the BoD and made some significant off-field decisions we haven’t had to take the begging bowl to the Fultons. We have also recorded profits every season and grown our turnover to £6m.

Are we successful because of orange? Probably not. Has our off-field decisions, including colour change and retail sales impacted that success though? Undoubtedly.