End of season blues

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

End of season blues

Post by gateman » 23 Oct 2018, 20:22

I wonder if a lot of you like me are already missing our game, I go into our club on a Friday night looking forward to watching a game, when the season is over they will have football on with hardly if anyone watching it, at least this year we have the tests to watch to brake the weekend up, Moving on as any one any idea who we will be playing pre season, it would be nice to see some of our under 19s playing to see if they can make the step up

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: End of season blues

Post by John » 23 Oct 2018, 21:21

Think it will be the young end of the 1st team plus storey peachy carr summors

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 24 Oct 2018, 09:20

Robbie Storie is the one I want to see have a crack at the first team the lad plays center and that's were we are thin on the ground at the present time, his wing partner scored 39 try's a lot attributed to him

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Oct 2018, 09:48

Happy for the end of season.
Gets my heart rate back down to normal.

Plenty of rugby to be played in the next month, so still get our fix.
As for cas, I would like to see the likes of the above players named get a game pre season.
Carr, storie, we need to start bringing these youngster through before they get snapped up by other clubs.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Oct 2018, 10:47

gateman wrote:it would be nice to see some of our under 19s playing to see if they can make the step up
You’ve never mentioned that before pal, why not? :lol:

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 24 Oct 2018, 11:39

Fumper27 wrote:
gateman wrote:it would be nice to see some of our under 19s playing to see if they can make the step up
At least he's leaving Callum turner alone now.

On a serious note its a good opportunity for young players but year 3s and onwards need to be playing regularly against men, Wigan,Leeds,saints,Warrington all send there older end 19s out on loan to gain experience where we leave ours playing 19s rugby which doesn't speed up their progression at all.

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 24 Oct 2018, 12:28

braytontiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
At least he's leaving Callum turner alone now.

On a serious note its a good opportunity for young players but year 3s and onwards need to be playing regularly against men, Wigan,Leeds,saints,Warrington all send there older end 19s out on loan to gain experience where we leave ours playing 19s rugby which doesn't speed up their progression at all.
The only one who went on loan for a year and was still able to play u19s was connor fitzy but think they sent him as they never wanted him clubs came in for oneill to go on loan but dp refussed the offers can not see any other u19s getting pre season games not unless there is any good year 1s like peachy last season but they have to be careful as after the newcastle game peachy packed in then came back

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 24 Oct 2018, 14:18

It will be interesting to see who gets which shirt this weekend

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 24 Oct 2018, 14:24

Tamworth Tiger wrote:It will be interesting to see who gets which shirt this weekend
Its not the shirt presentation just the new gear coming out it will be jan when we will find out who getting what number

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 24 Oct 2018, 19:04

Thanks . Just reread it. I thought it seemed a bit early!!

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 24 Oct 2018, 19:21

I'm OK. As 1 sporting season ends for me. RL in October, my next biggest passion NFL has just begun. So I always have something to follow throughout the year.

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 24 Oct 2018, 19:53

Swagger wrote:I'm OK. As 1 sporting season ends for me. RL in October, my next biggest passion NFL has just begun. So I always have something to follow throughout the year.
Same here,been following the Redskins from 76 (john riggins era)

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Oct 2018, 20:14

I follow what ever team I put my money on at start of season someone gave me a tip for Jacksonville this time so it's them ...unfortunately ha
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 24 Oct 2018, 20:17

43s flyer wrote:
Swagger wrote:I'm OK. As 1 sporting season ends for me. RL in October, my next biggest passion NFL has just begun. So I always have something to follow throughout the year.
Same here,been following the Redskins from 76 (john riggins era)
Chargers fan for past 10 years. Since my late teenage years. Was great to see them for first time on Sunday.

Then when NFL finishes (usually first weekend in February ish) Superleague starts again. Perfect.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 24 Oct 2018, 22:04

Dolphins myself since it first came on C4. Don Shula coaching ng Dan Marino QB. My 2nd fav sport to watch.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Oct 2018, 22:40

You watching the game from Wembley this weekend??? I’m presenting the match ball to the officials before the game...

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 24 Oct 2018, 23:43

Whilst I have absolutely no interest in NFL that sounds awesome!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Oct 2018, 00:04

Fumper27 wrote:
You watching the game from Wembley this weekend??? I’m presenting the match ball to the officials before the game...
How have you pulled that one off.

Fearless' Headguard

Post by Fearless' Headguard » 25 Oct 2018, 00:27

gateman wrote:I wonder if a lot of you like me are already missing our game, I go into our club on a Friday night looking forward to watching a game, when the season is over they will have football on with hardly if anyone watching it, at least this year we have the tests to watch to brake the weekend up, Moving on as any one any idea who we will be playing pre season, it would be nice to see some of our under 19s playing to see if they can make the step up
I know exactly what you mean actually mate…when the season is over I have a massive hole in the structure of my week.
I live in Holland so only get to a limited number of games, however when I do come home and I always make sure I come home on a Thursday so I can go and watch a game with my Dad at the club that night and Friday also. I have to be back Mondays and the flights from Leeds Bradford don’t fit round a 3.30 KO so the TigerTalk app keeps me going.
Cas is the center of it all but essentially I just love the game and life is not the same when it is the off season…I am fascinated to know how Barrow got on against Workington and care if Hunslet had two sent off against Rochdale as much as I want to know how Saints and Wakey got on.
Basically it is called ‘the greatest game’ for a reason and I am already counting down the days until it all starts again!
The fearsome hollow boom of the older boys in the deep end, The green shoots of recovery shriveled up in harsh tomorrows, Left to pick dry sticks and mumble to myself, A melancholy emblem of parish cruelty.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 25 Oct 2018, 05:42

old cas lass wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
How have you pulled that one off.
Entered a competition at work and won one of three first prizes, which was to present the match ball at one of the NFL London Series games.