Gale pulls out England Squad

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Gale pulls out England Squad

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Oct 2018, 22:14

braytontiger wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Our own coach as said he's not having it next year the team having got the right mental attitude and so on I just think making excuses ..we set off too soon we had too much time on are hands and all that crap is part of the problem but that's just me
And yes I take your point mate about half backs behind beaten packs
I still think there are elements of the club/team that still have the small club mentality,there is also a portion of fans with the same ethos that we are punching above our weight. The club/players and fans need to be more ruthless in its approach and that attitude needs to change.after all if we don't believe we can be the best we never will be.
Yeah I was going to put something same the other day about people saying I'm happy playing in sem-finals and finals it's better than what we had to put up with for a long time we've got a great chance over next two years to win c.cups and grand finals but there needs to be a change in attitude and I'm not sure there will be but we've got the right coach to try and make that happen
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 10 Oct 2018, 00:02

braytontiger wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Burgess face was a mess he must have been in a lot of pain I think gale and truey will be the best two half backs in comp next season but there needs to be a you will beat us over are dead body's mentality in these big games next season if there's not the same thing will happen

Agree on that and I might be in a minority here but I don't blame Luke gale one bit either for Friday or the grand final. It's in the coal face where we are losing these games by not fronting up in the middle,we could have had Jonathan thurston in the halves and we would have still lost whilst our middle men continually cough the ball when put under intense pressure. We really lack some Mongeral in our pack other than watts and we are too nice. All well and good having forwards that can play at the line and tip on but we need another couple of props that put the opposition on the back foot by driving hard.
Agree Brayton. All day long.

This is where our main problems lie.

Sometimes you just have to intimidate the opposition mentally & physically before you can play a bit of rugby. As my dad used to say when he watched my team - "sicken 'em first then you can do what you want after that"

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 10 Oct 2018, 01:18

nobody think our problem is our attack is too predictable, we go left all time gale then passes to either pm or ms who just slow it down. we rarely go right. better defensive teams (saints and wigan) just dont commit when we go left no one shoots the line leaving us with nowhere to go. is this our right edges fault for not calling for ball or is it mcshane who ignores it and goes left?imo we have a lot of things to fix for next season, it doesnt matter who we sign or who replaces webster in centre if were not going to give them the ball

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 10 Oct 2018, 07:32

dude wrote:nobody think our problem is our attack is too predictable, we go left all time gale then passes to either pm or ms who just slow it down. we rarely go right. better defensive teams (saints and wigan) just dont commit when we go left no one shoots the line leaving us with nowhere to go. is this our right edges fault for not calling for ball or is it mcshane who ignores it and goes left?imo we have a lot of things to fix for next season, it doesnt matter who we sign or who replaces webster in centre if were not going to give them the ball
Think Wigan defended really well. Line speed was good all game and they pushed the limits with setting off early. We looked slow though. Spilled ball. Didn't make a break and had no overlap or significant tackle busts.
When Hudds beat us at home this year it was crazy how many runners they had at times. Options all over the park and we couldn't handle or read it. Plus they had forwards who battered us. That's what I wanted to see last Friday but we had nothing.
Big task to shake the choker tag now. DP came with it from some quarters and we have shown it on 3 or 4 occasions.
It's alright saying it won't be accepted again. They have to do it. With an aging squad, potentially against stronger teams.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 10 Oct 2018, 07:53

I think the top teams, particularly the top three have found us out on the wings and defended our attacking plays really well. Wigan in particular had Shenny wrapped up almost as soon as he had the ball and Gale who was clearly not at his best for whatever reason was not putting in the long cut out passes.
The forwards weren’t making the yards so we were relying on Gale kicking with what has turned out to be an injured knee and Roberts whose kicking was ineffective. We appear not to be using McShane in the same way since Gale came back and really missed Trueman. Up front the load was too heavy for Millo and Watts against the biggest team in the comp and we really missed Moors particularly with Cook not available too.
There is undoubtedly work to be done on attitude but we also need to try and freshen our squad. My worry is about where are the players going to come from?
The really good ones are trying out in Aus, some of the next ones off the rank are trying Canada and the South of France and a lot of promising youngsters are leaving the sport at 19.
Our best young player isn’t a local product and other younger players in the squad of varying degrees of ability like Springer, Maher and O’Neill aren’t from Cas.
Attitude in big games is certainly one problem, but not the only one.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 10 Oct 2018, 09:13

Tamworth Tiger wrote:I think the top teams, particularly the top three have found us out on the wings and defended our attacking plays really well. Wigan in particular had Shenny wrapped up almost as soon as he had the ball and Gale who was clearly not at his best for whatever reason was not putting in the long cut out passes.
The forwards weren’t making the yards so we were relying on Gale kicking with what has turned out to be an injured knee and Roberts whose kicking was ineffective. We appear not to be using McShane in the same way since Gale came back and really missed Trueman. Up front the load was too heavy for Millo and Watts against the biggest team in the comp and we really missed Moors particularly with Cook not available too.
There is undoubtedly work to be done on attitude but we also need to try and freshen our squad. My worry is about where are the players going to come from?
The really good ones are trying out in Aus, some of the next ones off the rank are trying Canada and the South of France and a lot of promising youngsters are leaving the sport at 19.
Our best young player isn’t a local product and other younger players in the squad of varying degrees of ability like Springer, Maher and O’Neill aren’t from Cas.
Yet 5 cas lads all under 20 will be first team squad members next year at other super league clubs. :-k the talent is there.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Oct 2018, 09:37

I think all these things need to be looked at it's very hard for a young guy to get a chance at cas hence talent leaves the club
I suppose the thinking at Wigan who tend to use there young players more is there likely to show more minerals in big games if it gets sqeeky bum time
Vince Lombardi

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 10 Oct 2018, 11:36

In hospital this morning on Instagram, guessing for knee operation
🐯 COYF!

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 10 Oct 2018, 12:16

Do we know if Shenton is having a knee operation too? They mentioned the other night on forty20 live that he tore his mcl in the wakey game and still played against Wigan. Seeing his reaction at the wakey game and the look on his face you could tell it was serious. Anybody heard owt?
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Oct 2018, 15:57

Just been told that the halves for the game against France are likely to be Liam Sutcliffe and Jake Connor.

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 13 Oct 2018, 17:35

braytontiger wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:I think the top teams, particularly the top three have found us out on the wings and defended our attacking plays really well. Wigan in particular had Shenny wrapped up almost as soon as he had the ball and Gale who was clearly not at his best for whatever reason was not putting in the long cut out passes.
Yet 5 cas lads all under 20 will be first team squad members next year at other super league clubs. :-k the talent is there.
Maher and O'Neill are from Cumbria but they have come through the set up Trueman is not from Cas lads that have gone have gone for a reason so are you saying you would rather have cas lads that can not make the grade than Trueman and O'Neill that will probebly very young good lads name a half back from cas who is better than Trueman and dont say mc clelland not a patch on jake then name a hooker from cas who is better than oneill sometimes you have to bring lads in thats just how it is who are the 5 players u20 please

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 13 Oct 2018, 20:33

John wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Yet 5 cas lads all under 20 will be first team squad members next year at other super league clubs. :-k the talent is
Who are the 5 u20s

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 13 Oct 2018, 20:40

Morgan smith
Cam smith
Louis Johnson
Calum mclelland
Corey Johnson

Nobody is having a dig at lads from elsewhere it was a response to the previous post.

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 14 Oct 2018, 08:18

braytontiger wrote:Morgan smith
Cam smith
Louis Johnson
Calum mclelland
Corey Johnson

Nobody is having a dig at lads from elsewhere it was a response to the previous post.
Oh right the thing is these lads never wanted to play for cas apart from louis so we are better with lads who want to play

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 14 Oct 2018, 08:35

John wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Maher and O'Neill are from Cumbria but they have come through the set up Trueman is not from Cas lads that have gone have gone for a reason so are you saying you would rather have cas lads that can not make the grade than Trueman and O'Neill that will probebly very young good lads name a half back from cas who is better than Trueman and dont say mc clelland not a patch on jake then name a hooker from cas who is better than oneill sometimes you have to bring lads in thats just how it is who are the 5 players u20 please
Assume you are asking Brayton. My question was where are the players going to come from? I agree that we are bringing lads in. That was part of my concern but I’m not against us doing it if we can find good ones

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 14 Oct 2018, 08:52

Wigan recruit from far and wide Ryan Hampshire was signed on at 16 years and had to leave home to live in Wigan, I attend as many 19s matches as I can we have a number of lads coming through that could make the grade, all we seem to lack is size, I have always took an interest in the Juniors at Normanton Leeds seem to pick up the players with size, up to a few years ago Bradford did the same

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 14 Oct 2018, 09:16

Leeds were always good at recruiting the good ones. Remember them signing up Les Dyl very early when I was at school

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 14 Oct 2018, 10:01

John wrote:
braytontiger wrote:Morgan smith
Cam smith
Louis Johnson
Calum mclelland
Corey Johnson

Oh right the thing is these lads never wanted to play for cas apart from louis so we are better with lads who want to play
That's very true but then you have to ask why.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Oct 2018, 10:14

Facilites maybe ? But I would imagine very hard to get a chance to play in the first team unless your the next wally lewis
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 14 Oct 2018, 11:04

i dont know wether this is true but i was told DP was at CAS and Sheffield oferd him better terms the rest his history, if we want the young lads to stay you have got to make it worth their while