Can Tigers 3Year Plan

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Re: Can Tigers 3Year Plan

Post by the happy hooker9 » 12 Oct 2018, 19:52

HuddsTigers wrote:Jesus Christ our fans are never happy. Some folk are never pleased.

It’s missing some real hows and whats in terms of how exactly we are going to achieve these and through what means. But I wouldn’t expect that from the club to divulge so that people can scorn and take it apart.

Fans moan that they don’t know exactly what the club’s ambition is, what their aims and goals are and what the plan is. Well there are some KPIs and some level of accountability there.

Of course we want to win the CC and GF. That would be in any document - that’s the fundamental aim of the game. I’d be worried if they didn’t put that!

It’s nice the club thought of the fans to put this out and share with us their vision - including state of the art training facilities, increased turnover and a 7% increase YoY.
Exactly
How time have changed don't some people remember the bad times when our imports were Ronnie Sigsworth, Sean McVeigh a coach like Mr acceptable Ian Millward, we are on an upward climb with a lot of aspirations to be one of the leading lights of SL yet we continually get negative not constructive comments on here.
Suggest if you want bags of negativity go on here
http://forums.redvee.net/forumdisplay.p ... Discussion
or
https://www.wissl.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 12 Oct 2018, 20:24

Great of the club to tell us all of where we are going it would just be nice to know how we intend to get there. If this had come on the back of a significant signing we might of had something to get excited about and the season tickets would be flying off the shelves.
Looking at where we stand it is clear there will be very little business done on improving the squad and the present players have shown they can't hack it when it comes down to the big games so it leaves me feeling very sceptical as to how we can fulfil our lofty ambitions.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Oct 2018, 20:29

A lot of the negativity is from the team bottling it again in a big game to such a extent that the coach called his players out over it
The general trend is upwards and everybody will be happy where were at now for sure
In terms of winning one of the top two trophys over the next two seasons I was confident we would I'm not so sure now
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 12 Oct 2018, 20:31

HuddsTigers wrote: increased turnover and a 7% increase YoY.
Given that the current management have overseen a 7% drop in attendance this year they are proposing getting us back to where we were in 2017 by 2019, is that not standing still?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Oct 2018, 20:48

Given that it’s a 7% increase in turnover, not attendances, your point doesn’t even make sense.

Are you really saying that a 1,000 fans average down but more Sky games and more Sky payments has cost us circa £450k-£500k income?

Especially when there’s increased turnover from merchandise, sponsors and commercial activity to factor in.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 12 Oct 2018, 21:13

love it....a club including its fans on what they want to achieve...lacks substance but is a great starting platform...i expect jon will keep them coming as momentum goes along.

Also i think its great that the management acknowledge the poor performance in big games and are already putting in measures to rectify it.

good communication ... all any of us want is to see that the club has ambition and want to share it with us.

not sure why anyone would not appreciate a bit of something instead of silence........

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 12 Oct 2018, 22:08

HuddsTigers wrote:Given that it’s a 7% increase in turnover, not attendances, your point doesn’t even make sense.

Are you really saying that a 1,000 fans average down but more Sky games and more Sky payments has cost us circa £450k-£500k income?

Especially when there’s increased turnover from merchandise, sponsors and commercial activity to factor in.
Give over, I’m well aware that turnover is made up of more than ticket sales but my point remains, turnover will be down.

John
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by John » 12 Oct 2018, 22:40

Well there is one good thing if the income is down this year the staff will not be getting there £2000 bonus

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Oct 2018, 22:40

Your point still remains your hypothesising based on something that is unsubstantiated and based on only one small factor.

How do you know we didn’t increase our sponsorship portfolio and fees this year? We opened a larger store in Xscape with bigger product ranges. How do you know we didn’t generate more turnover through that? How do you know we didn’t increase the revenue raised from our away followings including the 4,000 we took to Magic Weekend and the 4,000 we took to Wigan?

You are taking one small element and equating that to us reducing turnover. There is no evidence to say it WILL be down and certainly not by 7% as you claim (purely on attendances).
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 13 Oct 2018, 07:37

Could somebody please direct me to any post where alftupper has been positive to the club and/or its players since he joined the forum?

I aren't sure any exist , because i don't think he is a Cas fan!

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 13 Oct 2018, 07:40

init wrote:love it....a club including its fans on what they want to achieve...lacks substance but is a great starting platform...i expect jon will keep them coming as momentum goes along.

Also i think its great that the management acknowledge the poor performance in big games and are already putting in measures to rectify it.

good communication ... all any of us want is to see that the club has ambition and want to share it with us.

not sure why anyone would not appreciate a bit of something instead of silence........
I’m not so sure given some of the negative posters we have on here! I even think some of the so called Cas fans that frequent this site want the club to fail just so they can say ‘told you so’ :roll:

Anyway I think it’s great the club are engaging with us this way. Yes it doesn’t go into the greater detail of how this is going to be achieved but at least it’s showing the club have these ambitions. We are now genuine contenders and for a club our size that is one hell of an achievement on its own!

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 13 Oct 2018, 08:16

WallTiger wrote:
init wrote:love it....a club including its fans on what they want to achieve...lacks substance but is a great starting platform...i expect jon will keep them coming as momentum goes along.

I’m not so sure given some of the negative posters we have on here! I even think some of the so called Cas fans that frequent this site want the club to fail just so they can say ‘told you so’ :roll:

Anyway I think it’s great the club are engaging with us this way. Yes it doesn’t go into the greater detail of how this is going to be achieved but at least it’s showing the club have these ambitions. We are now genuine contenders and for a club our size that is one hell of an achievement on its own!
hows the meatloaf song go two out off three wunt be bad. my two would be grandfinal win and in new ground in three years suppose new ground is not in are own hands .Whats other peoples preferd two achievements from the statement

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Oct 2018, 08:44

I'm sick of hearing were a small club if what where being told is true we are spending the full salary cap no reason at all we shouldn't be winning finals with the team and coach we've got
You don't have to be Einstine to figure out part of the reason were falling when it matters most is the small team idea that seems to be in heads
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 13 Oct 2018, 09:57

I see it like this.look how far we have come in the last 5 years,why can’t we achieve those targets in the next 3?cant wait to see us try

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 13 Oct 2018, 10:09

Fantastic that the club have a plan that they want to share with us has ambitious as it is without little or no substance to how we achieve it.

Like others I feel it's a mental attitude that needs to change starting at the very top,we now spend to the full salary cap and managed to make a healthy profit off the field that's not a small club that's a club that is self sufficient and should be challenging at the top for trophies yet many of our fans refuse to accept this and prefer to see the club as it was five years ago struggling to survive both on and off the field.

The next natural step as to be a marquee signing even better if its a home grown product over the next few years then we can truly say we are competing with the Warrington,Saints,Wigans of the league.

over the winter things can go a couple of ways.we could bring in a player that gets us all excited on top of work finally starting on the stadium or we go with what we have and there is still no movement on the stadium which would mean we stagnate for another season. Fingers crossed its the first as IMO we are that close to achieving something massive with just one or two final pieces of the jigsaw. COYFs

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 14 Oct 2018, 07:21

Pretty much same 3year plan as every other super league club will be using
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 14 Oct 2018, 11:52

jackknife wrote:Pretty much same 3year plan as every other super league club will be using
Correct, apart from, no one can legislate for career ending injuries to players, but a finance plan has still to be in place so as to insure future income.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 14 Oct 2018, 12:03

fast hands wrote:
jackknife wrote:Pretty much same 3year plan as every other super league club will be using
Correct, apart from, no one can legislate for career ending injuries to players, but a finance plan has still to be in place so as to insure future income.
Got a feeling london plan not to be religated and finish 11next year lol

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 14 Oct 2018, 12:41

flow wrote:
fast hands wrote:
:clap:

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 14 Oct 2018, 13:37

flow wrote:
fast hands wrote:
Im pretty sure Londons 3 YEAR PLAN will be to win super league or a challenge cup. No team will start a season saying right lads lets just not get relegated
CLASSY CAS FOREVER