New players for next season?

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New players for next season?

Post by Tigerman2014 » 08 Oct 2018, 19:18

Bit concerning if we’re up to Cap already makes me think we’re spending a bit too much on the bit part players eg Aston , Ellis etc. There’s lots of quality options out there for a centre I just think we’ve lacked a bit of punch in the backs we’re nearly there with Peanut at fullback just need a strong centre

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 08 Oct 2018, 19:21

westerbeast wrote:Stefan marsh moving from Widnes it's been announced, hope we go for him.
Rather play gadwin at centre
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 08 Oct 2018, 20:50

tigerfeat wrote:Going back to Powells piece in today's trade paper he says he dosnt think there will be anymore new signings for next year so if people are expecting new centres it's likely to be minikin and foster
Thats really going to sell 2019 seasons tickets. 2020 we will have the same team that's bottled the last 2 seasons big games but dont worry we will be top 5 though.

I want us to win something

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 08 Oct 2018, 21:23

fords wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Going back to Powells piece in today's trade paper he says he dosnt think there will be anymore new signings for next year so if people are expecting new centres it's likely to be minikin and foster
Thats really going to sell 2019 seasons tickets. 2020 we will have the same team that's bottled the last 2 seasons big games but dont worry we will be top 5 though.

I want us to win something
Minus Webster.

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 08 Oct 2018, 22:57

the machine wrote:
westerbeast wrote:Stefan marsh moving from Widnes it's been announced, hope we go for him.
Rather play gadwin at centre
Sooner get shut of him and bring in Toulouse centre or wing Centrone.,why on earth did they bring in Green and Aston and still give contracts of the size they did to Springer and Maher and hardly play them come on DP surely there are openings to do some wheeling and dealing somewhere .

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 08 Oct 2018, 23:35

My take is that we've released Jy to free up a quota spot. Which means somebody is lined up to take said spot. Otherwise Jy would have been given an extension as he's right at the bottom of the wage list and good value for what he's getting.

Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerman2014 » 09 Oct 2018, 00:17

I am all for producing out own but surely we are going to utilise our quota spot for a quality centre or winger !!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 09 Oct 2018, 08:13

Or they released him to free up a quota spot in case anyone comes available mid-season a la Kenny Edwards.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 09 Oct 2018, 09:35

HuddsTigers wrote:Or they released him to free up a quota spot in case anyone comes available mid-season a la Kenny Edwards.
Or you could maybe pay up a player who's contract ends at the end of the year a la jy.

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 09 Oct 2018, 12:44

I thought they'd released him so we could sign matautia? Qlt taking Lo's spot so we had to release
Jy for matautia. Or loan him to Bradford for rest of season. We are now in a situation that qlt will be released by all accounts and Jy will be released. So 1 spot remains.....
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 09 Oct 2018, 17:18

SWISS TONY!! wrote:I thought they'd released him so we could sign matautia? Qlt taking Lo's spot so we had to release
Jy for matautia. Or loan him to Bradford for rest of season. We are now in a situation that qlt will be released by all accounts and Jy will be released. So 1 spot remains.....
Correct. That is how I understand it anyway.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Oct 2018, 17:47

I really think if we had signed somebody but not announced it somebody would have heard summat
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerman2014 » 09 Oct 2018, 18:06

I don’t think we’ll be signing anyone either we really need a couple of backs coming in to strengthen us !!!

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 09 Oct 2018, 22:11

If not could struggle

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 10 Oct 2018, 09:41

I'd like to think of squad is strong enough to be top 5 next year without a new signing or two. We have quality players all over the park, we may just lack a bit of depth. If we can keep our spine injury free, it's another year in the playoffs.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 10 Oct 2018, 12:33

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/of ... ossip-133/

Been linked with joe mellor on here.this is an intresting one as truey has been brilliant and we have already got ellis and benny unless the last 2 are on the way out....oh theres ashton aswell dont forget.be intressting then with this one

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 10 Oct 2018, 13:34

Bolton-tiger wrote:https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/of ... ossip-133/

Been linked with joe mellor on here.this is an intresting one as truey has been brilliant and we have already got ellis and benny unless the last 2 are on the way out....oh theres ashton aswell dont forget.be intressting then with this one
Equally at home at full back and would allow Matautia to move into the centre? Wasn't mellor another linked to a move to Toronto

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 10 Oct 2018, 13:35

Bolton-tiger wrote:https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/of ... ossip-133/

Can he play centre?

Tigerman2014
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerman2014 » 10 Oct 2018, 19:42

If we were to sign Mellor would that would either mean Ellis is going or Roberts is or even Roberts is seen as a centre or even worse Gales knee injury could be long term or Even worse Trueman is leaving !!?! Would take Mellor if Ellis or Roberts we’re to go mind

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Oct 2018, 19:55

Mellor would play full-back matautia would play centre trueman needs tying to the club for a long time he is going to be that good...don't know what will happen with Roberts and Ellis part of the problem this season was the ridiculous transfer business we did last off season like a team that had just finished top of championship league one not top of super league
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi