New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by Robbo » 11 Aug 2018, 09:03

First note of caution from Hudd

Retail sector is a mess and gary Verity is not an investor.

Monks cross in York has one whole section now closed.

The reason why this is the first such development for 18 years tells you there is little demand. If there was more would be built.

I just think we should have a plan b or even a small group working on one.
We could be out of SL because we sit waiting for this.
The developers are making money but for fans it could be the end.
For starters my plan b would be sell WR for up to 6 or 7 m
Build the stadium and raise 3/5 from council/ lottery / sport England etc

Yes we would get that for WR I passed info on last week to a director from a buyer of 3 acres of current site for 3 m

Robbo
Truth is always best !

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Aug 2018, 09:44

The council will give us nowt. They haven’t got a pot to pee in and can’t justify it. And you have to bear in mind that it isn’t just the size of the land to take into consideration but the cost with clearing the site and also it’s location in a flood risk zone, which will potentially limit any price realised. I’m pretty sure you were on here last year telling us that WR was only worth £3.5m-£4m possibly less once we had repaid the Fulton loans. Make your mind up Robbo, or are you really telling me that land prices have increased by 100% in 12 months?

Your plan is exactly the same as the Waystone one which failed. We cannot build a stadium by self-funding it, plain and simple. Look at every stadium ever built in Super League - a council has either wholly financed it or has worked with bigger companies to deliver it. Salford - Council and Peel Holdings; Warrington - Tesco; Wigan (football), Huddersfield (football), Leeds (Council have loaned them the cash), Saints - had their old ground bought and they were used for PP of a wider development around their ground.

Any plan B will involve a groundshare between Wakefield and ourselves, and possibly Featherstone. That will rely on the council stumping up all £12m and running it as a community ground leaving WR as our asset to sell and a nice amount in the bank or to leave as training facilities.

Plan C will be redoing Wheldon Road up but we will need WMDC to step up like has been done for Leeds. You see that’s our biggest problem - our council has done naff all for our district and sat on their thumbs. Leeds has built a new arena, funded redevelopments for stadia, and grown the retail elements there. WMDC has built an art gallery and given some train stations a lick of paint.

And I never said Gary Verity was an investor. I said there was a political will and referenced him as a supporter of the project.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 11 Aug 2018, 09:54

Seconds out round zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 11 Aug 2018, 11:04

I am just saying there is a potential 2.5 to 3 m for 3 acres on the table
Of course subject to our old friend PP
Truth is always best !

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 11 Aug 2018, 11:10

Robbo wrote:I am just saying there is a potential 2.5 to 3 m for 3 acres on the table
Of course subject to our old friend PP
Let me guess, there'd be something in it for you or one of your mates and that's why you're suddenly pushing it...

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 11 Aug 2018, 21:34

Words fail me.
Subject closed
Truth is always best !

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 12 Aug 2018, 12:18

Robbo wrote:Words fail me.
Subject closed
If only...

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 12 Aug 2018, 15:15

I , like many on here , is just hoping this comes off.

Hudds , you seem to be up on the stadium, would you put your house on it happening?

Robbo does have a point about a plan B , retail is changing, look at amazon for example I suppose we have to trust the people in charge to do the right thing for the club.
( a plan b they may already have ).

Unless it really is going to happen ?

Just a silly idea, could we not stay in the stadium we are in and “restore” it to a post war ground and claim money to do it. Lottery, heritage, Old fashioned toilets, point the walls , new technology but keep the old look, even the shops, bar etc.

Understand we need more room for corporate events etc so start with a period main stand.

From looking from a not in the know stance, what is the plan B ?

Hope it comes off !
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Aug 2018, 15:55

I’m only up on in what is said in the planning applications and from news articles. Any other comments/opinions are purely my own and not led, or coming from anyone at the club/involved in the development.

As I’ve said, I would never commit anything to guaranteeing it will happen because the smallest thing can delay or change the state of play.

However, I’m more confident about this than I am the Waystone one.

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 12 Aug 2018, 16:54

I suppose the question is , at what point does the club take control of the situation instead of been a passenger

As some have said , beggars can’t be choosers I suppose but the retail world is changing and if there’s delays or doubts why can’t this be disclosed ?

Or , if it’s going ahead then why can’t someone say x y z and put all this to bed ?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Aug 2018, 17:20

Even if they said it Cas fans wouldn’t believe them such is the cynicism, so why bother?

They just held a consultation event in July where people could speak to the guys involved and asked these questions.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Aug 2018, 17:21

As for the club, they will hang their hat on the option that means they get a stadium at no cost to them. We absolutely cannot fund a stadium on our own.

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 12 Aug 2018, 17:25

HuddsTigers wrote:Even if they said it Cas fans wouldn’t believe them such is the cynicism, so why bother?

They just held a consultation event in July where people could speak to the guys involved and asked these questions.

Did anyone ask these type a questions ?

Start and completion dates ?

I’m not up on the whole subject, I suppose I’m like many on here , just waiting for the day.

What is the latest official start date ?

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 12 Aug 2018, 17:55

Max n paddy wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Even if they said it Cas fans wouldn’t believe them such is the cynicism, so why bother?

Did anyone ask these type a questions ?

Start and completion dates ?

I’m not up on the whole subject, I suppose I’m like many on here , just waiting for the day.

What is the latest official start date ?
The timeline of activity that provides the start and end dates were published in Feb 18 on the Axiom website, these are high level milestones are which is understandable given the size of th task.

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 12 Aug 2018, 20:23

When’s it say it starts ? And finish ?

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 12 Aug 2018, 21:04

Max n paddy wrote:When’s it say it starts ? And finish ?
http://www.axiomyorkshire.co.uk/timeline/

Stadium start is Q3/Q4 next year to be ready for the 2021 season.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 12 Aug 2018, 21:45

TheSheriff wrote:
Max n paddy wrote:When’s it say it starts ? And finish ?
http://www.axiomyorkshire.co.uk/timeline/

Stadium start is Q3/Q4 next year to be ready for the 2021 season.
looks lovely don't it any body could put this on a web page to be fare so don't get too exited yet see if any thing happens next few months :pray: :pray:

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 12 Aug 2018, 22:26

So the next question, there’s obviously milestones that are predicted up to the stadium build.

What are they and when should we see these happening.

Also, I’d like to throw another in , BREXIT, does anyone think this will effect us ,in this particular the whole project?

My personal view is that we’ve got a period of time in which we will need to settle the whole country down again no matter the deal.

This obviously will effect us in the short / medium/ long term , who knows!

But the new stadium project ???

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 12 Aug 2018, 22:41

Just to add, I’ve no influence from any quarter , I’m just trying to get a feel for myself.

Will the powers that be grasp the moment, for me having watched for over 50 years I think this could be a pivotal moment in our history, the last few seasons have seen us compete at the top consistently.

Can we now plan forward, plan A Or plan B !

I read of some of the “old timers “ wanting to see a new stadium and making it to that point, TBH , we played in a grand final last year housed in our “old girl” of a stadium.
Wasn’t that a fantastic achievement ? Didn’t think I’d see that !

For me , this shows what can be achieved.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 13 Aug 2018, 01:50

Max, or Paddy, or whoever, why don't you read some of the 700+ posts already in this thread before asking exactly the same questions that people have been asking for the last two years. Same applies to people asking how many games Roberts has missed, whether Webster counts on the quota, or anything else that has 10+ pages devoted to it. The chances are that your question has already been answered if you could be bothered to look ... Nothing personal but Hudds must be getting tired answering the same questions in the same thread time and again !