As bad as you'll see...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: As bad as you'll see...

Post by Casmoley » 21 Jul 2018, 13:14

fords wrote:
gateman wrote:on Daryls interview we look like we have another three forwards that will be missing for a number of weeks, our under 19s look hardly ready but who knows till we try them, Roby Story could do a job at center in my opinion
Springer can play surely
McMeeken should be back
Maher
Douglas
Peachey

Christ its only Widnes who have won like 3 games all year

with injuries he may be forced to play some on that pitch that he usually rests. Hope that doesn't just cause more injuries.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 21 Jul 2018, 18:54

KB80 wrote:I think we need to start next season:

New Full back(Priority)
Eden
Shenton
New centre (Priority)/Minikin
New winger/Minikin

Trueman
Gale

Backups
Turner, Claire, Gill, Egodu, Ellis,
Possibly Webster and/or QLT dependent on signings.

I'd look at release Roberts and Aston.

We need to bring in a quality full back and centre as our recruitment priorities (or move Minikin back in the centre's and bring in a quality big, robust winger). Unfortunately FB and centre are pretty tough positions to fill with quality imo. Hopefully we have an NRL player lined up for at least one of those positions.

Assuming no one of note is going to be leaving the top 8 clubs clubs (and Wakey/Leeds) we might end up making late plays for players from teams that go down/don't get promoted, depending on their contract terms (none SL releases).

Leigh - Matautia
Hull KR - Vaivai
Salford - Evalds, Sau
Widnes - Inu
Are the ones I think might be worth consideration as 1st team starters.

Within those squads theirs probably a few additional backs worth a punt as squad/project players Dagger, Shaw, bibby, etc!
Pretty much agree with all that KB. The half situation is a puzzle though. In agreement with our starting halves as Trueman and Gale but I feel we need a quality back up. If anything happens to Gale again next season like this season we're relying on the Trueman/Ellis combination again. A move for someone like Dec Patton before he renewed his contract with Warrington would've been nice. Sadly his ain't going to happen and in 2019 the four halves i'll be the same as now. Gale, Trueman, Roberts and Ellis.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 21 Jul 2018, 19:33

fords wrote:
gateman wrote:on Daryls interview we look like we have another three forwards that will be missing for a number of weeks, our under 19s look hardly ready but who knows till we try them, Roby Story could do a job at center in my opinion
Springer can play surely
McMeeken should be back
Maher
Douglas
Peachey

Christ its only Widnes who have won like 3 games all year
You don’t take anything for granted in this game no matter who you play.
Every game should be approached the same, be it saints or Widnes.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 23 Jul 2018, 12:28

Only just catching up on the weekend's posts but for me it was a classic case of Cas complacency - simple as.

Following the Wigan result Thurs, all I heard on social media, RL media and even on the streets was we were going to be 2nd Friday night. Then going 12-0 up inside the first 10 mins compounded and sub-conscious complacency and we paid the ultimate price.

Once we'd realised we were actually in a competitive game we panicked and lost our way completely with some players trying too hard without thinking. Others were completely lost.

You know you're not playing well when Lee Gaskill is running the show and Danny Brough isn't complaining!
Spreading the Cas gene pool

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 23 Jul 2018, 12:58

It wasn't a big game as such a final but when things start to go wrong the same things start to happen and the coach ends up speechless he wasn't the only one on Friday
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

mtashy29

Post by mtashy29 » 23 Jul 2018, 13:25

How is it that Wakefield can have a great result when they needed to but Cas didn't treat the Hudds game the same way thats shows we will never win any really important issue games .

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 23 Jul 2018, 14:11

Because like Huddersfield and Catalans the Wakey team were playing for their livelihoods

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 23 Jul 2018, 14:40

mtashy29 wrote:How is it that Wakefield can have a great result when they needed to but Cas didn't treat the Hudds game the same way thats shows we will never win any really important issue games .
Due to fact half of Cas side don't give 2 hoots once they have got their big contracts sorted. Lets hope they start earning them come the Super 8s.