Backline at Widnes

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Backline at Widnes

Post by duke street 10 » 21 Jul 2018, 16:17

Well injuries pending does anybody think its needs freshening up?

I aren't sure what is happening with Callum Turner at present but i'd like to see him get another run out...plus he could goal kick.

Move QLT up to stand off,passing game isn't any worse than the other option there. I would also like to see Kieran Gill or Tuoyo Egodo given the chance at centre as Webster is usually rested for this fixture on the not-so-magic carpet.

Shenton will get selected though he should be in the firing line after Friday, ditto Eden.

What do others think?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Backline at Widnes

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Jul 2018, 16:27

Turner
Gill
Egodo
Shenny
Eden
Qlt
Truman
Id go
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 21 Jul 2018, 16:53

Turner
Clare
Egodo
Shenton
Gill
Trueman
Macca
Massey
Butterworth
Watts
Holmes
Mcmeeken
Milner

Moors
Clark
Peachy
Maher/oneill
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 21 Jul 2018, 18:39

Turner
Clare
Egodo
Shenton
Eden
Laulu-Togaga'e
Trueman
Watts
McShane
Massey
Holmes
McMeeken
Milner

Clark, Moors, Springer, Maher

Good call below Hudds in regards to the plastic pitch forgot about that. Swapped Webster for Egodo. Gill could also go there but would like to see more from Tuoyo.
Last edited by MØL on 21 Jul 2018, 19:05, edited 2 times in total.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Jul 2018, 18:57

Webster won’t play on the iPitch through risk of injury and I think this is now an important game to win again. I don’t see DP dropping any senior players.

QLT
Clare
Gill
Shenton
Eden
Trueman
Ellis
Watts
McShane
Massey
Holmes
McMeeken
Milner

Moors, Clark, Springer, Maher
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Gomersal Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Gomersal Tiger » 21 Jul 2018, 19:04

Why would you pick Eden after yesterday's performance.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Jul 2018, 19:08

To be honest if you where going on yesterday's performance youd never pick Eden again disgrace
Vince Lombardi

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 21 Jul 2018, 19:11

Gomersal Tiger wrote:Why would you pick Eden after yesterday's performance.
He's proved consistently to be one of our biggest attacking threats and is arguably our only genuine speedster. He's always been capable of the odd shocking performance, last night was one of them.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 21 Jul 2018, 19:17

KB80 wrote:
He's proved consistently to be one of our biggest attacking threats and is arguably our only genuine speedster. He's always been capable of the odd shocking performance, last night was one of them.
Playing him next Sunday against the bottom team in the league might be what he needs to boost his confidence after last night, dropping him might do more harm since he's only played a handful of games this season and its the super 8's next.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Jul 2018, 19:22

tigerfeat wrote:To be honest if you where going on yesterday's performance youd never pick Eden again disgrace
That goes for the entire team practically. I don’t want to single out players. The vast majority were shockingly bad and need to reflect on themselves again.

I don’t know where this attitude has come from but it seems we have a few who aren’t putting in 100% and can’t even complete the basics, whether it’s tackling, passing or catching.

I’m hoping the return of Gale fires some up because he won’t stand for substandard efforts how vocal he is.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 21 Jul 2018, 19:29

KB80 wrote:
When your center leaves you wide open what do you do.
No sliding defence from either half back or second row.
Eden was NOT to blame alone, for me if he’s fit he as to always play.
Let’s not forget the lad as been out months and months, seems to me he’s still not up to speed just yet, dropping him won’t help.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Jul 2018, 19:37

HuddsTigers wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:To be honest if you where going on yesterday's performance youd never pick Eden again disgrace
That goes for the entire team practically. I don’t want to single out players. The vast majority were shockingly bad and need to reflect on themselves again.

I don’t know where this attitude has come from but it seems we have a few who aren’t putting in 100% and can’t even complete the basics, whether it’s tackling, passing or catching.

I’m hoping the return of Gale fires some up because he won’t stand for substandard efforts how vocal he is.
Some players on occasions look like there taking the MIC not sure what's that about anyway on to Widnes restore the faith
Vince Lombardi

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 21 Jul 2018, 19:37

old cas lass wrote:
KB80 wrote:
When your center leaves you wide open what do you do.
No sliding defence from either half back or second row.
Eden was NOT to blame alone, for me if he’s fit he as to always play.
Let’s not forget the lad as been out months and months, seems to me he’s still not up to speed just yet, dropping him won’t help.
agree on this however he bombed two trys and only made a hand full of carries all game when he is our biggest threat In the back 3. Oh and he was to blame for Cudjoes try.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 21 Jul 2018, 20:38

I'll put one good reason to leave Eden out its been said before how hard it is for players body's to adapt to the synthetic pitch there and even more so people like Eden as there more used to a normal ground and that can cause issues so imo I'd leave meeks jake and Eden out all have lower limb issues and this is a game we don't need to try pick up anymore injury in

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 21 Jul 2018, 20:53

Obviously there will be some forced changes due to injury but if we drop every player that had a below par game we wouldn't have enough players to field a side.

The players pride will be hurt and the best way to put that right is to work hard in training and then take it into the following game which given our injuries is now a must win. Don't know what's been in the water down the lane this week has the 19s were equally as bad over at St. Helens all be it saints were outstanding and did a real job but they won't be the first cas team and not the last to come home with there tales between there legs.

Just remember a weeks a long time in rugby and a good win at Widnes and all will be forgiven by many.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 21 Jul 2018, 22:35

I feel Eden seems to have lost is confidence since his shoulder injury last season, he as not delivered any of his spectacular finishes since and he had a couple of golden chances yesterday.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 21 Jul 2018, 23:04

He just missed out on two and to be fair Shenny didn’t give him much service

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Jul 2018, 23:32

I’ve not watched it back because who would. But at the ground, I thought his 2nd one was a try and he was undone by the onfield call again. Sent up as a try that’s given IMO.

The first was also unlucky too - even the best wingers don’t have Super human reflexes.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 22 Jul 2018, 09:08

what about giving Gill a centre spot, last year when playing for Oldham i am sure he played centre and Egodo on his wing

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 22 Jul 2018, 09:11

HuddsTigers wrote:I’ve not watched it back because who would. But at the ground, I thought his 2nd one was a try and he was undone by the onfield call again. Sent up as a try that’s given IMO.

The first was also unlucky too - even the best wingers don’t have Super human reflexes.
Agree with those