Fixture change.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Fixture change.

Post by WF10 » 09 Jul 2018, 22:45

That's fine. There's no requirement to provide it though.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 09 Jul 2018, 22:58

Neither is there a requirement to let you in if you refuse it.

casfanfromcov
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casfanfromcov » 10 Jul 2018, 02:02

I'm outraged at this, it's not a stand out fixture so there was no need to inconvenience fans by moving it. I have a Birmingham Bears cricket season ticket so I decided to sacrifice the Cas v Leeds game to watch the cricket on the assumption I would be able to come and see Cas play Huddersfield in 2 weeks. If I had known about the fixture change earlier I would have probably made a different decision on Sunday. Hull KR v Warrington will probably be a more competitive game, and it was already scheduled to be played on the Friday

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 Jul 2018, 07:13

But Huddersfield are likely to need to win to keep them out the Bottom 8s, so that’s why it has been picked.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 10 Jul 2018, 08:53

cogito ergo sum wrote:Neither is there a requirement to let you in if you refuse it.
Bit daft of them not to let you in for knowing your rights?
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 10 Jul 2018, 09:26

HuddsTigers wrote:But Huddersfield are likely to need to win to keep them out the Bottom 8s, so that’s why it has been picked.
Maybe hull Kr need to win as well.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 10 Jul 2018, 15:16

I tried to renew our season tickets for this season but was 2 days late due to being away in Australia for 3 weeks. I was not allowed to do this on line either whilst away as I needed to “Sign a form” in the shop.

The reason they gave me was that all the “Forms” had to be processed so the first payment could be taken in January, this was very early December when I tried. I offered to pay the first payment there and then so they had no need to process it. The shop people all refused to do this.

Mark Grattan was in the shop listening to all this and he also refused my application as it was “After the deadline”.

My family of 4 have been to 1 match together all season and I have been to 2 others, one of those was a freebie. We have not spent any money on food, drinks, golden gamble or merchandise either.

When I asked if they were ok with losing 4 regulars MG said “We are 12% up on sales so we aren’t losing anything”.

Having had season tickets for years, we no longer have them. I won’t be buying season tickets next season either.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Jul 2018, 15:29

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:I tried to renew our season tickets for this season but was 2 days late due to being away in Australia for 3 weeks. I was not allowed to do this on line either whilst away as I needed to “Sign a form” in the shop.

The reason they gave me was that all the “Forms” had to be processed so the first payment could be taken in January, this was very early December when I tried. I offered to pay the first payment there and then so they had no need to process it. The shop people all refused to do this.

Mark Grattan was in the shop listening to all this and he also refused my application as it was “After the deadline”.

My family of 4 have been to 1 match together all season and I have been to 2 others, one of those was a freebie. We have not spent any money on food, drinks, golden gamble or merchandise either.

When I asked if they were ok with losing 4 regulars MG said “We are 12% up on sales so we aren’t losing anything”.

Having had season tickets for years, we no longer have them. I won’t be buying season tickets next season either.
And that sums up the mentality of the people who run the club and the reason why we wont need a new stadium that holds more than 10K. Absolutely ridiculous

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 10 Jul 2018, 17:18

I hope you’ve notified the club about this? As they have lost a bigger increase in % and regular fans/higher gates this season.

If the attitude is like that to others we have probably lost out on 100’s of fans and 1000’s of £££’s in extra income.

Long live the Tigers!!!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 10 Jul 2018, 19:35

I didn’t bother to take it any further as I didn’t think it would make a difference.

Whilst I/we have missed game day as the season goes by you tend to get used to it and there are other ways to keep up with events and see the highlights, not on the clubs tv channel either.

As you say the club have lost money on crowds, compared to last season, but that is due to not being as good as we were but this kind of behaviour as posted on this thread can’t be the way forward.

As for the season ticket situation, how many times have people let someone use “Their ticket” and this has led to these fans going regularly after? This scenario will only stop people renewing as some have suggested but hey a 12% increase means we can forget the ones we already had.

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 10 Jul 2018, 23:10

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:I tried to renew our season tickets for this season but was 2 days late due to being away in Australia for 3 weeks. I was not allowed to do this on line either whilst away as I needed to “Sign a form” in the shop.

A ridiculous response. Customer care training is needed then for staff, they need to realise that it is at least 20x more difficult to attract a new customer than it is to retain an existing one.

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 10 Jul 2018, 23:42

Gratton is a vile character, I’ve had similar dealings with him myself.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 11 Jul 2018, 10:10

Tigerwood posse wrote:Gratton is a vile character, I’ve had similar dealings with him myself.
So has SG
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 11 Jul 2018, 12:11

Do you think the people that”Run the club” know what some fans think? Do you think it would make a difference if they did?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Jul 2018, 12:58

I think they would do what's best in the interests of the club, as much as we may disagree on aspects of decision-making or etiquette from a fan point of view, and from a business point of view.

At the end of the day, if they do something for one, they have to do it to everyone and it sets an unfair precedent for those that have met the deadline and scrimped and saved to do so. There's also probably a reason they can't accept cash there and then (I have no experience of direct debit/finance) but I would assume it's to keep a paper trail of payments.

None of us were there on that day so we have no reason to dispute your account of events but there's probably a reason why, even if it wasn't delivered in the best way or conveyed appropriately. Either way, it's probably something both parties need to discuss face-to-face and resolve and I'd hope the club would extend that opportunity to discuss with you.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 11 Jul 2018, 13:27

There was no real reason, apart from the date I went to see if I could renew, that they couldn’t have said ok under the circumstances and just let me, or anyone else for that matter, renew my tickets. To add 1 more form to the others would not cause any issues/problems for the club.

There has been occasions in the past where the deadline has been extended so it can’t cause that many problems.

As it stands my calculations mean they are 4 regular fans down, £750 down in tickets/ gate receipts, 3 new shirts not sold plus whatever in food/drinks and then golden gamble. Well over a £1000 in total. I would probably have done the TV subscription as well so it adds up. That will now mean from now on I/We will pick our games and I won’t be spending £100 a game when it’s on Sky.

Add to this the fans that are talking about not renewing because of the checking of tickets/I’d then it is quite a loss to the club.

How can that be “In the best interests of the club” as you call it Hudds? It’s ok banging on about a 12% increase but if you lose other customers then it must reduce any profit from increases in sales.

I wil not be buying season tickets again next season either because of this. Had the club been in the modern world this situation could have been avoided with sales over the phone or on the internet.

The club could quite easily offer to renew season tickets using existing details presuming they haven’t changed with a deadline to opt out. Many companies do this. Pen and paper is very caveman era. You can buy match tickets and other merchandise on line, why are season tickets exempt?

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 11 Jul 2018, 22:37

Can't understand why fans would not renew because they check tickets?
Do we know of any other club in any code which allows free movement of a season ticket?
The club is a business, not a charity.

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 12 Jul 2018, 02:06

“The club could quite easily offer to renew season tickets using existing details presuming they haven’t changed with a deadline to opt out. Many companies do this. Pen and paper is very caveman era. You can buy match tickets and other merchandise on line, why are season tickets exempt?”

No they could not (this is somewhat different to an insurance policy or rolling contract) they cannot store payment details and assume consent on using them for renewals on an opt out basis. Companies cannot even market on assumed consent so why you think they can take £750 without explicit consent is beyond me. There would be hell on if someone “missed” the deadline to opt out and dispite there being an 11 week window (11th sept - 25th Nov was last years) to renew at last years prices and on DD no doubt some people would still manage it.

The implications of missing the deadline (by more than 2 days if it was December) will be on the DD scheduling and paying one month upfront won’t have helped as DD mandates have a set schedule and take the banks some time to process. It would have perhaps helped if they explained this but I suspect it wouldn’t have made you any happier and I also hazard a guess that none of the folk in store that day have the knowledge of financial services to go into this detail.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 12 Jul 2018, 07:01

cogito ergo sum wrote:Can't understand why fans would not renew because they check tickets?
Do we know of any other club in any code which allows free movement of a season ticket?
The club is a business, not a charity.
Yes Leicester Tigers allow it and will even broker it for a small fee
Some organisations buy tickets in the name of their organisation/company so that any nominee can use it.
If you buy tickets for individual matches at Cas and then let someone else have them no one knows who bought them so why penalise your core customers? The reality is that the checks are only likely to catch people abusing concessions which is fair enough or men using women’s tickets or vice versa which is probably sexist
Also I’m not a charity either

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 12 Jul 2018, 07:27

in previous years i know for a fact that some Wigan fans were buying concesion tickets from therir own clubs to gain entry to CAS i meet up with some of them before our home matches, i brought it to the notice of the club sugesting differant colour tickets to eliminate this, to my knolege this as not been implemented, Fixture change i am still a bit miffed but we have to do what our paymasters say