Reiss butterworth

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tigersbarmy
Dean Widders

Reiss butterworth

Post by Tigersbarmy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:25 pm

Signed from Bradford

old cas lass
Malcolm Reilly

Re: Reiss butterworth

Post by old cas lass » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:28 pm

callum_walker
Dean Widders

Post by callum_walker » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:36 pm

Does this mean Jacques O'Neill is on his way out?

Weareone
Sean Rudder

Post by Weareone » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:44 pm

Dont know why people would be suprised oneil spent 4 years at cas playing some great rugby but yet again DP would rather bring outsiders in no wonder we are the worse club for producing talant a great talant lost yet again

fords
Luke Gale

Post by fords » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:06 pm

Weareone wrote:Dont know why people would be suprised oneil spent 4 years at cas playing some great rugby but yet again DP would rather bring outsiders in no wonder we are the worse club for producing talant a great talant lost yet again
Given Milner now plays 13 for us or is going to the NRL

That would leave Macca as the only recognised 9

Means we have Macca, O'Neil, Butterworth

Danny Boy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Danny Boy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:21 pm

Weareone wrote:Dont know why people would be suprised oneil spent 4 years at cas playing some great rugby but yet again DP would rather bring outsiders in no wonder we are the worse club for producing talant a great talant lost yet again
We don’t know what DP has in mind for Butterworth, maybe sees him as a halfback, or sees O’Neil as a halfback? I trust in DP’s plans for Butterworth and welcome him on board.

Danny Boy

steadygetyerboots-on
Junior Moors

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:23 pm

Just out of interest; can you tell me how many of these junior players thrown on the scrap heap by DP are now forging successful SL careers elsewhere?
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

Weareone
Sean Rudder

Post by Weareone » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:33 pm

steadygetyerboots-on wrote:
Just out of interest; can you tell me how many of these junior players thrown on the scrap heap by DP are now forging successful SL careers elsewhere?
Quite a few its like douglas and gill feel sorry for the lads

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly

Post by HuddsTigers » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:55 pm

Gill is still part of our squad and I would imagine would be replacing Hitchcox next year.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Fumper27
Michael Eagar

Post by Fumper27 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:38 am

HuddsTigers wrote:Gill is still part of our squad and I would imagine would be replacing Hitchcox next year.
Exactly.
Gill to replace Jy
Bustin to replace Green
Douglas to replace Springer

Bring through a couple of youngsters to replace those as well as a quality FB sand Centre and watch us go!!

RonnieGibbs'forearm
Danny Orr

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:06 am

Turner, Gill, Milner, Holmes, Egodo, Clare, Shenton, Trueman all played youth level at Cas? I know Trueman ccame from Bradford and Egodo from London but still not bad.
Can only think of Tom Holmes who was making any impact of youth that Powell has 'let go' (although he didn't want Tom to go).

Casmoley
Danny Orr

Post by Casmoley » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:40 am

Fumper27 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Gill is still part of our squad and I would imagine would be replacing Hitchcox next year.
Exactly.
Gill to replace Jy
Bustin to replace Green

Bring through a couple of youngsters to replace those as well as a quality FB sand Centre and watch us go!!

Douglas is O.O.C this year..

Casmoley
Danny Orr

Post by Casmoley » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:40 am

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:Turner, Gill, Milner, Holmes, Egodo, Clare, Shenton, Trueman all played youth level at Cas? I know Trueman ccame from Bradford and Egodo from London but still not bad.
Can only think of Tom Holmes who was making any impact of youth that Powell has 'let go' (although he didn't want Tom to go).

DON'T FORGET MAHER!

fords
Luke Gale

Post by fords » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:42 am

Fumper27 wrote:
Exactly.
Gill to replace Jy
Bustin to replace Green

We don't know for sure Springer is going yet

flow
BANNED
BANNED

Post by flow » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:18 am

steadygetyerboots-on wrote:
I am not surprised why would you play local youngsters for that reason alone they are local .If there not good enough for super league don't matter were they are from .if you were running a business that's what super league clubs are now would you put local people first or employ the best candidates to improve your business