Jake Trueman

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: Jake Trueman

Post by mart0042 » 20 Jun 2018, 09:56

heppy wrote:For me it,s confidence,he,s a young lad in with the big boys.He cant feel easy telling old pros where he wants them to run.He has the raw talent believe me it will come good.
and do it for 80 minutes with little help and a tired team with no :subs.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 08 Jul 2018, 18:05

Fill your boots old cas lady

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 08 Jul 2018, 18:48

old cas lass wrote:Not a patch on Richardson at saints. Both similar age but Richardson seemed to have come on better than trueman. He scored 3 tries on his debut at Wigan. Everyone thought him the bees knees. He needs a run in the championship with less pressure, seems to be telling on him now. I’m sure he’ll come good further down the line, sadly we need him on the pitch cos Roberts and gale are weeks away.

This isn’t a go at trueman , just an opinion.

[-X

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 08 Jul 2018, 18:51

Casmoley wrote:
old cas lass wrote:Not a patch on Richardson at saints. Both similar age but Richardson seemed to have come on better than trueman. He scored 3 tries on his debut at Wigan. Everyone thought him the bees knees. He needs a run in the championship with less pressure, seems to be telling on him now. I’m sure he’ll come good further down the line, sadly we need him on the pitch cos Roberts and gale are weeks away.

[-X
Oh go away. Even Daryl said Jake had his worse performance last week.
When that post was made it was correct.
The lad as worked very hard to get were he is now.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 08 Jul 2018, 18:56

old cas lass wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

[-X
:D

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 08 Jul 2018, 19:04

Scoopage wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

[-X
:D

he wouldn't of had that performance today if he was shopped off to the championship though..

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 08 Jul 2018, 19:29

Old one - I firmly believe - is either a parent or family member of Trueman, or another young bloke at the club.
What they say is right too.
We need to back these young lads more.
Audacter Et Sincere

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 08 Jul 2018, 22:23

No doubt he's a talent, and today he flourished behind a dominant pack and against a team who looked shot after the first quarter. But he still did it!

His poorer performances have come against teams who physically dominated us, such as Saints first up, and Cats last week, but he's young and has to be allowed to develop without being over - exposed.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 08 Jul 2018, 23:52

Man of the match performance today he looked dangerous every time he had the ball , Jake is turning out to be some player , keep it up young fella

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 08 Jul 2018, 23:55

gateman wrote:Man of the match performance today he looked dangerous every time he had the ball , Jake is turning out to be some player , keep it up young fella
Just seen the tries on SKY - he certainly has got the bit of special something. The coaching staff will nurture him.

Adelaide Tigurrrr!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Adelaide Tigurrrr! » 09 Jul 2018, 02:25

cogito ergo sum wrote:No doubt he's a talent, and today he flourished behind a dominant pack and against a team who looked shot after the first quarter. But he still did it!

His poorer performances have come against teams who physically dominated us, such as Saints first up, and Cats last week, but he's young and has to be allowed to develop without being over - exposed.
Spot on Cogito,

Obviously living in Australia I didnt see todays game but from what I have read on this and other sites he was as good today as he was poor last week.

The difference - one week the pack gets smashed by the Cats and the next week the pack steamrolls the Rhinos. I watch a lot of NRL and not even Johnathan Thurston can rescue the Cowboys if their pack is being dominated.

But I hope DP keeps giving Tryeman a rest every so often to make sure he develops in the right way.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 09 Jul 2018, 08:00

Some very good stuff from young Trueman yesterday and looks like he's developing nicely

Only one thing I would like - pre season he does an intensive sprint training program to make him even more of a threat

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 09 Jul 2018, 08:00

The kid could be special. I just hope he has the drive and dedication that other potentially special players havent had.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 09 Jul 2018, 08:51

Jake is a very talented kid who just lacks a half yard of pace. Hopefully that pace will come as he matures.
In the first half today he was making half breaks but not being quite fast enough to accelerate through the gaps he had created.
In the second half, with Leeds players tiring, he was able to finish too.
With his developing kicking game, particularly grubber kicks, he is becoming a real asset and I really cant think of a better coaching team to nurture Jake to his full potential.

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 09 Jul 2018, 09:20

Lacks pace !!! He's fastest half back we've got at the club. He may need to develope some parts of his game, but pace isn't one of em, just ask the Leeds defence.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 09 Jul 2018, 09:29

Jonny1975 wrote:Lacks pace !!! He's fastest half back we've got at the club. He may need to develope some parts of his game, but pace isn't one of em, just ask the Leeds defence.

I’m with orrsome.
The first half playing towards the WRE it was obvious to see, 3/4 times he poked his nose through but just didn’t have the pace to go through.

Second half Leeds were out on there feet with 15 to go, trueman took advantage of that hence his 2 tries.

Not saying he’s not fast but that excelation or maybe lack of confidence was just lacking.
He certainly grew into the game.
Last edited by old cas lass on 09 Jul 2018, 09:39, edited 1 time in total.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 09 Jul 2018, 09:30

I also think he lacks pace, the kind of pace the best half back have, which is the first 5 metres. A couple of times yesterday he was caught after making the initial space.

I am not bagging him however, he was superb, having a rugby brain far in excess of his experience.

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 09 Jul 2018, 09:36

Jonny1975 wrote:Lacks pace !!! He's fastest half back we've got at the club. He may need to develope some parts of his game, but pace isn't one of em, just ask the Leeds defence.
He's the fastest half back at the club who's currently fit! But being faster than Ellis is no real achievement :D
I don't know how, but Gale developed another half yard of pace last year and I hope Jake does the same.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Jul 2018, 09:48

jesus just let the kid develop in two or three years time he will playing for england ,hard to sum up how good he was yesterday and people still having a moan
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 09 Jul 2018, 09:49

orrsome wrote:Jake is a very talented kid who just lacks a half yard of pace. Hopefully that pace will come as he matures.
In the first half today he was making half breaks but not being quite fast enough to accelerate through the gaps he had created.
In the second half, with Leeds players tiring, he was able to finish too.
With his developing kicking game, particularly grubber kicks, he is becoming a real asset and I really cant think of a better coaching team to nurture Jake to his full potential.
I agree. Said on leaving the ground yesterday that if Jake had the explosive “off the mark” pace that Sam Tomkins had when he burst into the scene, he’d of scored at least five tries yesterday. That said, good performance from the young man.