Professional....

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Professional....

Post by SuffolkTiger » 08 Jul 2018, 22:47

I couldn't make it today but it sounds like we did a proper professional job on Leeds.

The manner of last week's performance raised some real questions about our mental toughness and it's great to see, what is a squad still missing key players, bounce back so well.

A long way to go yet but finishing 3rd feels like the most ideal outcome after 30 games. Wigan away isn't something that should daunt us in a one off semi.

That's all ifs and maybes though - next up Salford at theirs.

Great to be in the mix after such a raft of injuries this term.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Professional....

Post by old cas lass » 08 Jul 2018, 22:54

SuffolkTiger wrote:I couldn't make it today but it sounds like we did a proper professional job on Leeds.

The manner of last week's performance raised some real questions about our mental toughness and it's great to see, what is a squad still missing key players, bounce back so well.

A long way to go yet but finishing 3rd feels like the most ideal outcome after 30 games. Wigan away isn't something that should daunt us in a one off semi.

That's all ifs and maybes though - next up Salford at theirs.

Great to be in the mix after such a raft of injuries this term.

Wigan have to play saints and Catalans.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 08 Jul 2018, 23:39

we have to push on second is what we should be aiming for Wigan at home would be a winnable game , its along way to go before the end of the full season, COME ON YE FORD

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 09 Jul 2018, 12:39

Interesting how the "Professional" thread doesn't get as many posts as the "Unprofessional" one!!
Spreading the Cas gene pool

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 09 Jul 2018, 13:20

Flat Capper wrote:Interesting how the "Professional" thread doesn't get as many posts as the "Unprofessional" one!!
Nowt to moan about this week, unless it's the weather.....
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 09 Jul 2018, 14:55

Very professional performance in the second half yesterday, very clinical. Mitch Clarke and Trueman were the 2 standouts for me, with an honourable mention to Junior - the Leeds team couldn't handle him at all. Everyone played their part yesterday, even Ellis (who I could say a few negatives about, but not going to as this is a 'positive' thread). Well done lads, we are building nicely to where we need to be come play off time.

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 09 Jul 2018, 15:02

HuddsTigers wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:Interesting how the "Professional" thread doesn't get as many posts as the "Unprofessional" one!!
Nowt to moan about this week, unless it's the weather.....
Agreed. I was very pleased with the response from the whole squad to the poor effort at Catalans.
Really good performances from Trueman, Clare, Eden, et al, made possible by our forwards getting us on the front foot in similar conditions as we faced in the south of France!!!!!
Special mention for Massey who is playing at his best IMO whereas he was subject of some very harsh criticism from some fans not too long ago.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 09 Jul 2018, 15:07

^^ Agree about Massey orrsome, I forgot about mentioning him - he put in a fantastic shift yesterday. I've always been a fan of Massey, he does his job - go forward to a set place, land on his front, quick play the ball. Thats his job, and he's bl00dy good at it too.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 09 Jul 2018, 15:40

derbystiger wrote:^^ Agree about Massey orrsome, I forgot about mentioning him - he put in a fantastic shift yesterday. I've always been a fan of Massey, he does his job - go forward to a set place, land on his front, quick play the ball. Thats his job, and he's bl00dy good at it too.
Yes, a shame it's taken about 5 years or more for some fans to realise it.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 09 Jul 2018, 15:43

cogito ergo sum wrote:
derbystiger wrote:^^ Agree about Massey orrsome, I forgot about mentioning him - he put in a fantastic shift yesterday. I've always been a fan of Massey, he does his job - go forward to a set place, land on his front, quick play the ball. Thats his job, and he's bl00dy good at it too.
He has been very good for 2 years possible plus now.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 09 Jul 2018, 15:53

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:
He has been very good for 2 years possible plus now.
Getting better with age.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 09 Jul 2018, 17:28

Massey turned into a good player in 2014
Audacter Et Sincere

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 09 Jul 2018, 17:55

^^ Agreed. DP gave him a specific job to do and he did it and has worked on getting better at it ever since

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 09 Jul 2018, 18:16

We will have to be far more clinical moving forward.

We bombed 5 tries in the first half, And I as most did disagreed with Powell's decision to run just before half time when holding a 6 point lead with 2 points begging.

We looked very sharp. The chances we create will need finishing, we let Leeds off the hook too easily in the first half. However tightened things up in the second.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 09 Jul 2018, 19:40

dettoriman wrote:We will have to be far more clinical moving forward.

We bombed 5 tries in the first half, And I as most did disagreed with Powell's decision to run just before half time when holding a 6 point lead with 2 points begging.

We looked very sharp. The chances we create will need finishing, we let Leeds off the hook too easily in the first half. However tightened things up in the second.
Sport is full of decisions which hindsight prove correct or otherwise. I also wanted the 2, but seeing how Leeds were shot by the end of the first and all second half, DP probably recognised that, and the final score probably proved him right.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 10 Jul 2018, 12:06

dettoriman wrote:We will have to be far more clinical moving forward.

I think I'd have taken the 2 as well but standing at the wheldon road end leeds were looking shattered.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

scottiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by scottiger » 10 Jul 2018, 12:11

Where's all the people saying changes need to happen this week ?
TM Out

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 10 Jul 2018, 13:14

scottiger wrote:Where's all the people saying changes need to happen this week ?
Changes need to happen this week.