Realistic signings possibilities.

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Realistic signings possibilities.

Post by Mysterio » 28 May 2018, 12:02

Castiger2017 wrote:
Mysterio wrote:Hope we can swap Ellis for someone before 3yra are up!
For evalds preferably :D
I’m not a fan of Ellis by any means but the more I see of evalds the more I think he is vastly overrated
I agree actually.
But, I’d swap Ellis for nearly anyone
Audacter Et Sincere

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 28 May 2018, 12:03

HuddsTigers wrote:We have an option with Gill for a further two years.

Jon Wells is keen to have a Reserve Grade Team next season too. Can see him staying. Him and Egodo aren't included in the list either circulated to clubs, whereas Bustin is: https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ut-1565262

Suggests they've got new deals or they're already sorted elsewhere.
REALLY hope we have a reserves comp.
Could we realistically have sponsors cover outlay?
Audacter Et Sincere

Castiger2017
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Castiger2017 » 28 May 2018, 18:19

Mysterio wrote:
Castiger2017 wrote:
I’m not a fan of Ellis by any means but the more I see of evalds the more I think he is vastly overrated
I agree actually.
Ie tom Holmes

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 28 May 2018, 19:02

Mysterio wrote:
Castiger2017 wrote:
I agree actually.
Half a pack of out of date strong mints and an old fiver???

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 28 May 2018, 21:07

Castiger2017 wrote:
Mysterio wrote:
Castiger2017 wrote:
I agree actually.
Ie tom Holmes
I'd swap him for Tom Thumb based on last week's performance.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 29 May 2018, 07:43

Think everyone just jumping on bandwagon with ellis, no hes not the best half in the world n cant carry a team on his own but hes more than capable of filling in on the odd occasion which is what we signed him for. We cant afford to have 4 luke gales in ya squad and as hes probably 3rd or 4th choice half back id say hes better than most other teams 3rd n 4th choice half back

I think he played well against leeds other week.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

princeka01
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by princeka01 » 29 May 2018, 11:13

Ellis i have no issue with, he has been steady away and tbh he hasn't had a bad game in a cas shirt this season... he arguably makes far less errors than roberts and gale and if we further compare him to roberts he will cost alot less, far less injury prone and a much better kicker with the added bonus he can also do goal kicks... what more do people want from a squad player?

.... this forum always looks for players to blame and Ellis shouldnt be one of them hes up there with the most consistent player we have atm

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 29 May 2018, 11:39

princeka01 wrote:Ellis i have no issue with, he has been steady away and tbh he hasn't had a bad game in a cas shirt this season... he arguably makes far less errors than roberts and gale and if we further compare him to roberts he will cost alot less, far less injury prone and a much better kicker with the added bonus he can also do goal kicks... what more do people want from a squad player?

.... this forum always looks for players to blame and Ellis shouldnt be one of them hes up there with the most consistent player we have atm
I agree with both above posts but, at present we have two half-backs who are defensively very poor. Saints' targeted young Jake, as they saw that as weak link in our defence, and Jamie gets wrong footed easily. Frustratingly as it is at present, can we afford two half-backs that can't defend,in their favour both up to it attack wise.

princeka01
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by princeka01 » 29 May 2018, 15:27

fast hands wrote:
princeka01 wrote:Ellis i have no issue with, he has been steady away and tbh he hasn't had a bad game in a cas shirt this season... he arguably makes far less errors than roberts and gale and if we further compare him to roberts he will cost alot less, far less injury prone and a much better kicker with the added bonus he can also do goal kicks... what more do people want from a squad player?

I agree with both above posts but, at present we have two half-backs who are defensively very poor. Saints' targeted young Jake, as they saw that as weak link in our defence, and Jamie gets wrong footed easily. Frustratingly as it is at present, can we afford two half-backs that can't defend,in their favour both up to it attack wise.
I disagree with the defensive comment on ellis.... gale and ellis have both played 10 games each and roberts has played 11 and of the 3 Ellis has the best defence with the fewest missed tackles

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 29 May 2018, 16:43

Facts dont count for anything on this forum
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 29 May 2018, 18:18

A missed tackle only counts if they actually touch the ball carrier, so it isn't a be all and end all when judging defence.

We had this issue when people tried to use the missed tackle stat to say McGoldrick wasn't a bad defender. To get a missed tackle, you actually have to attempt to make a tackle.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 29 May 2018, 21:44

Would have to massively disagree with saying that Ellis hasn't had a bad game...

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 29 May 2018, 21:55

jackknife wrote:Think everyone just jumping on bandwagon with ellis, no hes not the best half in the world n cant carry a team on his own but hes more than capable of filling in on the odd occasion which is what we signed him for. We cant afford to have 4 luke gales in ya squad and as hes probably 3rd or 4th choice half back id say hes better than most other teams 3rd n 4th choice half back

I think he played well against leeds other week.
Def not jumping on the Ellis bandwagon. For me I was gutted when we resigned him. Off of 2017 we should've been aiming so much higher. We and the club are aware of Roberts' injury history so imagine when the club signed Jamie they realised he'd get a stack load of game time. So is more like 2nd/3rd choice. For me he's not the calibre of player for us. We rely everything on one half, Gale. We needed someone to take that pressure off of him. Anywho just my bit.