Hardaker

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Hardaker

Post by JIN JER » 24 May 2018, 10:01

classysupercas3 wrote:Intriguing interview with him in Yorkshire post
Why, what was so intriguing?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 May 2018, 10:05

classysupercas3 wrote:Intriguing interview with him in Yorkshire post
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.york ... 178194/amp

Was told we eventually offered him a deal of £80,000 per year but Wigan has already offered him £130,000.
Last edited by Fumper27 on 24 May 2018, 10:13, edited 2 times in total.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 May 2018, 10:08

theres a piece in wigan today ive just read on there forum very interesting words from zak in that
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 24 May 2018, 11:04

Confirms that he was dismissed two days after the club were informed of his failed drugs test.
The club only made it public knowledge months afterwards, but he was sacked immediately.
I love this extract:

“But I tried to stay there and I said, ‘Look, can you keep me on, pay me minimum wage, can you keep me on..?’
“I expressed I wanted to stay. They did offer me a contract but it was a low one.
“My solicitors’ fees (to help reduce ban from two years) were through the roof and the contract didn’t match up to the fees, so I said, ‘Look, I can’t take that because my fees are nearly as much as my wage’.

He’s so stupid he can’t remeber what he says sentence by sentence. He pleaded to stay on minimum wage but then rejected a low contract offer!

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 24 May 2018, 11:11

nottinghamtiger wrote:Confirms that he was dismissed two days after the club were informed of his failed drugs test.
The club only made it public knowledge months afterwards, but he was sacked immediately.
I love this extract:

“But I tried to stay there and I said, ‘Look, can you keep me on, pay me minimum wage, can you keep me on..?’
“I expressed I wanted to stay. They did offer me a contract but it was a low one.
“My solicitors’ fees (to help reduce ban from two years) were through the roof and the contract didn’t match up to the fees, so I said, ‘Look, I can’t take that because my fees are nearly as much as my wage’.

He’s so stupid he can’t remeber what he says sentence by sentence. He pleaded to stay on minimum wage but then rejected a low contract offer!
Pay me minimum wage? Can you imagine him asking for £7.38 an hour? :) Dopey git.
Last edited by JIN JER on 24 May 2018, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 May 2018, 11:15

nottinghamtiger wrote:Confirms that he was dismissed two days after the club were informed of his failed drugs test.
I love this extract:

he pleaded to stay even on a low wage till he saw what wigan were offering then didnt plead so much
Vince Lombardi

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 24 May 2018, 12:17

I fully appreciate he will be enemy no 1 from now on but my reading of his comments are that he asked Cas to keep him on as an employee on minimum wage and not playing rugby whilst the interim period of the investigation, then ban, was running.

Then, as the length of the ban was coming clear he was offered a playing contract by Cas that was below what he is actually worth as a player so took the more generous offer from Wigan.

It's not rocket science and I'm sure Cas offered what they felt what the right price for a player who had let them down, with potential for further indiscretion.

The comments also indicate he is expected to pay his legal fees and these were not provided by Wigan.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 24 May 2018, 14:20

Seems pretty reasonable to me. People need to realise he is/was an employee of the club not a supporter and this is a living. Offering To take a minimum wage showed interest in staying but you take into account legal bills etc you can’t pay your bills on good will. He would probably have been a bigger idiot accepting £80k

Flat Capper wrote:I fully appreciate he will be enemy no 1 from now on but my reading of his comments are that he asked Cas to keep him on as an employee on minimum wage and not playing rugby whilst the interim period of the investigation, then ban, was running.

Then, as the length of the ban was coming clear he was offered a playing contract by Cas that was below what he is actually worth as a player so took the more generous offer from Wigan.

It's not rocket science and I'm sure Cas offered what they felt what the right price for a player who had let them down, with potential for further indiscretion.

The comments also indicate he is expected to pay his legal fees and these were not provided by Wigan.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 May 2018, 16:12

The last offer made to try and scupper the deal to wigan was more than 80 grand
Vince Lombardi

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 24 May 2018, 17:31

Let's all not forget zak has probably cost us over 300k for the one season in theory and maybe theven clubs offer was representative of the fact the club would take action against him let's hope the club take him through the courts and don't let all this go with out a fight.
Also for the 300k before anyone asks is based upon one years wage initial big figure for 1st year loan and the fee for the signing of hardaker.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 May 2018, 18:35

betts21 wrote:Let's all not forget zak has probably cost us over 300k for the one season in theory and maybe theven clubs offer was representative of the fact the club would take action against him let's hope the club take him through the courts and don't let all this go with out a fight.
Also for the 300k before anyone asks is based upon one years wage initial big figure for 1st year loan and the fee for the signing of hardaker.
The fee for signing Zak was £150,000 total, made up of £60,000 loan fee and £90,000 to complete the deal.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 25 May 2018, 11:30

Fumper27 wrote:
betts21 wrote:Let's all not forget zak has probably cost us over 300k for the one season in theory and maybe theven clubs offer was representative of the fact the club would take action against him let's hope the club take him through the courts and don't let all this go with out a fight.
The fee for signing Zak was £150,000 total, made up of £60,000 loan fee and £90,000 to complete the deal.

Ah right i was under the impression we had payed in the region of 90k initial with 150k for the complete signing either way i can not under stand why cas are not chasing Zak for the 90k that we have paid for him to have been a cas player this year. Also i think it is a massive downfall of rugby league that when sacking a player it seems you have to free his player registration up. This should be seperate and up to the club to free this up imo as players can force there way to anyclub they want. I also think there should be an rfl integrity unit like in the nrl. I cant imagine zak hardaker would have been straight in at another club after his ban look at all trouble Todd carney has had to try get playing again.

mystery
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by mystery » 26 May 2018, 07:28

betts21 wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:

Ah right i was under the impression we had payed in the region of 90k initial with 150k for the complete signing either way i can not under stand why cas are not chasing Zak for the 90k that we have paid for him to have been a cas player this year. Also i think it is a massive downfall of rugby league that when sacking a player it seems you have to free his player registration up. This should be seperate and up to the club to free this up imo as players can force there way to anyclub they want. I also think there should be an rfl integrity unit like in the nrl. I cant imagine zak hardaker would have been straight in at another club after his ban look at all trouble Todd carney has had to try get playing again.
by what I w read Cas found him a job with a sponsor until it was all sorted, not like Hull KR who have dumped Minns, he was asking if there were any jobs going on Twitter a couple of weeks ago, sorry I don’t believe anything Zak Hardaker has said, don’t trust him and never will,sure that’s the reason Wane is leaving Wigan.

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 26 May 2018, 08:25

I love this extract:

Interesting comment from Hardaker:

Hardaker has been on what most people would consider to be a fantastic wage for a number of years, yet he hasn't got a pot to pee in! He has peed or snorted it away, rents his homes and his leases cars. Left with nowt, hence he can't pay the solicitors fees! What a plonker.
cum on you Ford

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 26 May 2018, 15:46

tigerfeat wrote:The last offer made to try and scupper the deal to wigan was more than 80 grand
Correct.
Wigan's offer was 140K. We put a deal on the table of 115K (5K less than he was on last year) but an option of an increase dependent on his behavior. He took the Wigan offer.

Regarding all this about been on a minimum wage. Five Star gave him a job through the club on 500 quid a week and the club have been in dialogue with the sponsor throughout his ban with a view to ZH getting through his ban and resuming his career with us. Both Cas Tigers and Five Star have done more than enough to help him here. 500 a week is not the minimum wage.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 26 May 2018, 15:49

Tigerade wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:The last offer made to try and scupper the deal to wigan was more than 80 grand
Correct.
Wigan's offer was 140K. We put a deal on the table of 115K (5K less than he was on last year) but an option of an increase dependent on his behavior. He took the Wigan offer.

Regarding all this about been on a minimum wage. Five Star gave him a job through the club on 500 quid a week and the club have been in dialogue with the sponsor throughout his ban with a view to ZH getting through his ban and resuming his career with us. Both Cas Tigers and Five Star have done more than enough to help him here. 500 a week is not the minimum wage.
So is Zak still with five star and still getting 500 quid.
Cos if it was me I’d terminate his contract and tell him go let Wigan find him a job.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 26 May 2018, 16:35

Not sure if he's still there but I will soon find out.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 May 2018, 18:04

Interesting tigarade becauae hes said on more than one occasion that the club had nowt to do with him getting a job at five star cleaning he did it off his own bat which given there one of are main sponsers seemed odd to me
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 26 May 2018, 23:58

it seems the more interviews he gives the more the wigan fans see through him and turn against.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Jul 2018, 10:58

Heard he was in trouble again last week
Vince Lombardi