Is tom holmes kicking himself

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
andymc133
Academy Player
Academy Player

Is tom holmes kicking himself

Post by andymc133 » 18 May 2018, 00:45

Tom left the club to get more first team action is he now kicking himself seeing how often Ellis is playing first team after he was stood in the wings for most of last season

jackknife
Verified

Re: Is tom holmes kicking himself

Post by jackknife » 18 May 2018, 05:58

Hull fc have acted quickly n signed that young half back from Doncaster till end of season to cover there injuries we should be trying the same with holmes or for a full bk
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 May 2018, 07:24

Tom said when he left that he would love to return to play for his home town club, I for one was sorry to see him go but the lad wanted More game time a thing that we could not offer him at the time, as it as panned out he would have got the game time he wanted as we have not sparkled in the halve backs this season , if we have any cash spare Tom would be on my shopping list

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 May 2018, 07:43

jackknife wrote:Hull fc have acted quickly n signed that young half back from Doncaster till end of season to cover there injuries we should be trying the same with holmes or for a full bk
I think powell thought at the start of the season he could find his full-back for this year out of roberts eden clare turner trueman hitchcoks shenny ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Hull_Tiger

Post by Hull_Tiger » 18 May 2018, 07:45

With Harris you have to remember Donny are Fc's dual reg and will be back playing there when Kelly is back fit. He also played for fc in preseason, there were rumours around this end when he signed for Donny fc had funded the deal so could train with them and play when/if an injury crisis...so I don't believe this is a possibility for Cas and Holmes

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 May 2018, 08:04

tigerfeat wrote:
jackknife wrote:Hull fc have acted quickly n signed that young half back from Doncaster till end of season to cover there injuries we should be trying the same with holmes or for a full bk
I think powell thought at the start of the season he could find his full-back for this year out of roberts eden clare turner trueman hitchcoks shenny ...
And miloudi i forgot about him
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 May 2018, 09:49

He’s only on a one-year contract at Featherstone. We can approach him now for 2019 if we want him back.
I’d have s bit of a shake up in the halves for next season. I’d happily see Roberts leave. I also think Holmes is better than Ellis. When we signed Ellis I thought it might be a good move, but so far he doesn’t look as good as he did when he was with us before.
For 2019 I’d like to think we could go with Gale, Trueman and Holmes as our three main halves.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 18 May 2018, 10:33

nottinghamtiger wrote:He’s only on a one-year contract at Featherstone. We can approach him now for 2019 if we want him back.
I’d have s bit of a shake up in the halves for next season. I’d happily see Roberts leave. I also think Holmes is better than Ellis. When we signed Ellis I thought it might be a good move, but so far he doesn’t look as good as he did when he was with us before.
For 2019 I’d like to think we could go with Gale, Trueman and Holmes as our three main halves.
I'd love Gale/Trueman in the halves in 2019, actually now. We could get Holmes for 2019 if we wanted to as you stated his contract with Featherstone is ending this year. That being said Ellis is still signed up until the end of 2020 :shock: If we could some how offload him then i'd be pleased to let Robert see out his contract being back up with Holmes.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 May 2018, 10:39

MØL wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:He’s only on a one-year contract at Featherstone. We can approach him now for 2019 if we want him back.
I'd love Gale/Trueman in the halves in 2019, actually now. We could get Holmes for 2019 if we wanted to as you stated his contract with Featherstone is ending this year. That being said Ellis is still signed up until the end of 2020 :shock: If we could some how offload him then i'd be pleased to let Robert see out his contract being back up with Holmes.
I’d be happy to let Roberts move on based on my assumption he’s on a decent contract and we need a full back. You’ve got to consider that in a salary-capped sport you can’t have your highest earners as back-ups. In that respect, we might be better with Ellis than Roberts - a back up half who will cost far less!

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 18 May 2018, 11:30

nottinghamtiger wrote:
MØL wrote:
I’d be happy to let Roberts move on based on my assumption he’s on a decent contract and we need a full back. You’ve got to consider that in a salary-capped sport you can’t have your highest earners as back-ups. In that respect, we might be better with Ellis than Roberts - a back up half who will cost far less!
I see where your coming from but Roberts is a better back up then Ellis with his ability to play in about half a dozen positions and also not really a back up as he's got more then a few quality performance left in him. But with all we've both said 2019 will be Gale, Roberts (until end of 2019), Ellis (until end of 2020) and Trueman.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 May 2018, 12:15

Benny though a good player when on the field, spends too much time on the side lines, the poor lad seems to pick up injury after injury when he is injured it seems to take an age for him to return , I personally would let him go but seeing he is still under contract the clubs hands are tied

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 18 May 2018, 18:31

Benny only looks good when we are well on top against teams (which hasn't happened much this year) but goes missing way to much when we are up against it he just seems happy to get the game over with.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 18 May 2018, 21:12

andymc133 wrote:Tom left the club to get more first team action is he now kicking himself seeing how often Ellis is playing first team after he was stood in the wings for most of last season
Tom may well be kicking himself but I reckon DP will be kicking himself a damn site harder after watching him against Hull FC, when he showed just how to take the line on and drawing defenders how a half back should.

It’s the last

Post by It’s the last » 19 May 2018, 17:28

Would be looking at sighing tom back for next year maybe look loan Jamie Ellis out

Would like to see gale-Truman

Or gale-Holmes

Look at maybe Benny bin a inpacked player coming on when teams are tired

Just a thought

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 19 May 2018, 17:41

Linked with Wakefield on their board.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 20 May 2018, 00:17

But now denied by their chairman.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 20 May 2018, 20:39

Watching a re-run of yesterday, we have a gem in Trueman. I think this is why Tom Holmes is gone. I think Trueman gets a starting shirt at 6 next year.