Realistic signings possibilities.

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Realistic signings possibilities.

Post by KB80 » 15 May 2018, 22:57

Mucky1978 wrote:
KB80 wrote:
duke street 10 wrote:Mead to me sounds the most realistic. Would be a big improvement on any of the options we've had so far this season. I wouldn't read too much into his form at Catalans what with Mcbanana as coach.
I can't see Mead coming.

Catalans have plenty of income and wont need to get shut.

Mead FB/West
Tomkins FB/HB
Gigot FB/HB/C

Can easily fit all 3 in.

More chance of us copping for the hapless Ian Thornley!
If we sign Thornley I’m done
He's a potential improver ;)

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 May 2018, 06:59

I think we all agree that we need a FB.

Then I’d add to that:

W
LF (if Milner goes)

Perhaps another prop too if we release Green, Douglas etc.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 16 May 2018, 07:42

HuddsTigers wrote:I think we all agree that we need a FB.

Then I’d add to that:

W
LF (if Milner goes)

FB
W
C

not so bothered about prop if gadwin bustin and Clark are promoted. same with LF Massey and fozz.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 16 May 2018, 09:41

HuddsTigers wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:I put on Twitter that I think I can see us signing Tinirau Arona as a replacement for Milner if he goes.
Strangely enough it doesn't appear that we're in any rush to re sign him, I personally think he's a cracking player and wouldn't let him go.
He's a good player but using a quota spot for a player who might not make the 17 on a regular basis.
I think he would start every week. Good defensively and covers for hooker. Straight swap. Settled player and local to us. Hey
Maybe. I'd like to see oneill get a chance too see his potential first.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 May 2018, 12:45

mart0042 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
mart0042 wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:I put on Twitter that I think I can see us signing Tinirau Arona as a replacement for Milner if he goes.
Strangely enough it doesn't appear that we're in any rush to re sign him, I personally think he's a cracking player and wouldn't let him go.
He's a good player but using a quota spot for a player who might not make the 17 on a regular basis.
I think he would start every week. Good defensively and covers for hooker. Straight swap. Settled player and local to us. Hey
Maybe. I'd like to see oneill get a chance too see his potential first.
If we offer him a new deal. Isn't he OOC? That being said, if he does stay he'll be in the squad and has every chance. Got to earn it, want it and fight for it though.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 May 2018, 13:00

Casmoley wrote:

Then I’d add to that:

W
LF (if Milner goes)

FB
W
C

not so bothered about prop if gadwin bustin and Clark are promoted. same with LF Massey and fozz.

Don't think we need a centre. I'd push Minikin into centre and bulk him up over the winter if we can.

We have Shenton, Webster, Minikin, Wardle, Egodo and Gill who can all play there, along with Foster and Holmes as cover (and Bustin if we retain him - only 1 yr deal isnt it?). May need a new one if Webster goes but I'd offer him another 1 yr if he wants it and use him as cover to keep his legs fresh as possible.

Winger is more pressing for me with Eden only signed up and Gill as cover. I'd also keep Clare over Hitchcox IMO as he's a Cas lad and to free up a quota spot. Need a replacement for Hitchcox. That would give us Eden, New signing, Clare, Gill and Minikin as our potential five wingers.

Looking at it, I'd perhaps use the Douglas (if we don't keep him), Green and Maher cash to bring in another prop too.

Squad for 2019:

1. NEW FB
2. NEW WINGER
3. Minikin
4. Shenton
5. Eden
6. Roberts
7. Gale
8. Millo
9. McShane
10. Watts
11. Holmes
12. McMeeken
13. Adz/Massey
14. Webster
15. JSL
16. Wardle
17. Moors
18. Cook
19. Foster
20. Massey/NEW LF
21. Ellis
22. Trueman
23. Clare
24. NEW PROP
25. Springer
26. Clark
27. Egodo
28. Gill
29. Aston

With potentially O'Neill, Douglas, and Bustin.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 16 May 2018, 14:38

Truemans time to show for me next season.a full preseason with gale and get rid of roberts imo

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 May 2018, 15:24

Hope we don’t think we can get through a season with just two or for that matter three halfbacks. Top teams have international halves sitting in the stands. It will be interesting to see how Hull perform over the next month without theirs

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 16 May 2018, 17:48

HuddsTigers wrote:
Casmoley wrote:

Then I’d add to that:

W
LF (if Milner goes)

FB
W
C

Don't think we need a centre. I'd push Minikin into centre and bulk him up over the winter if we can.

We have Shenton, Webster, Minikin, Wardle, Egodo and Gill who can all play there, along with Foster and Holmes as cover (and Bustin if we retain him - only 1 yr deal isnt it?). May need a new one if Webster goes but I'd offer him another 1 yr if he wants it and use him as cover to keep his legs fresh as possible.

Winger is more pressing for me with Eden only signed up and Gill as cover. I'd also keep Clare over Hitchcox IMO as he's a Cas lad and to free up a quota spot. Need a replacement for Hitchcox. That would give us Eden, New signing, Clare, Gill and Minikin as our potential five wingers.

Looking at it, I'd perhaps use the Douglas (if we don't keep him), Green and Maher cash to bring in another prop too.

Squad for 2019:

1. NEW FB
2. NEW WINGER
3. Minikin
4. Shenton
5. Eden
6. Roberts
7. Gale
8. Millo
9. McShane
10. Watts
11. Holmes
12. McMeeken
13. Adz/Massey
14. Webster
15. JSL
16. Wardle
17. Moors
18. Cook
19. Foster
20. Massey/NEW LF
21. Ellis
22. Trueman
23. Clare
24. NEW PROP
25. Springer
26. Clark
27. Egodo
28. Gill
29. Aston

With potentially O'Neill, Douglas, and Bustin.

bustin is a prop and has signed a new deal. egodo and gill yet to re-sign so if Webster also goes we need a centre for sure.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 May 2018, 17:54

We have an option with Gill for a further two years.

Jon Wells is keen to have a Reserve Grade Team next season too. Can see him staying. Him and Egodo aren't included in the list either circulated to clubs, whereas Bustin is: https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ut-1565262

Suggests they've got new deals or they're already sorted elsewhere.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 16 May 2018, 18:01

HuddsTigers wrote:We have an option with Gill for a further two years.

Jon Wells is keen to have a Reserve Grade Team next season too. Can see him staying. Him and Egodo aren't included in the list either circulated to clubs, whereas Bustin is: https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ut-1565262

Bustin has definitely signed. Jy gave that away on his radio show. I personally think Gill and Egodo will stay. Hope Douglas does too. Webster / Jy / Milner all 50/50 at the moment, same with Clare I think it depends on who's available wether he stays or not.

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 16 May 2018, 18:18

Casmoley wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:We have an option with Gill for a further two years.

Bustin has definitely signed. Jy gave that away on his radio show. I personally think Gill and Egodo will stay. Hope Douglas does too. Webster / Jy / Milner all 50/50 at the moment, same with Clare I think it depends on who's available wether he stays or not.
I like both Jy and Clare but i'd show them the door. Sign Gill and Douglas for another year. Def give Tuoyo another contract too.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 20 May 2018, 16:55

I think jy is abit unluky me.i like him as a player and he always steps up when called upon and does a sterling job everytime for us but the thing that goes against him is his quota spot that he takes up.without that people would say sign him up another year

Weareone

Post by Weareone » 22 May 2018, 18:29

]I put on Twitter that I think I can see us signing Tinirau Arona as a replacement for Milner if he goes.[/quote]
Strangely enough it doesn't appear that we're in any rush to re sign him, I personally think he's a cracking player and wouldn't let him go.[/quote]
He's a good player but using a quota spot for a player who might not make the 17 on a regular basis.[/quote]

I think he would start every week. Good defensively and covers for hooker. Straight swap. Settled player and local to us. Hey[/quote]
Maybe. I'd like to see oneill get a chance too see his potential first.[/quote]

If we offer him a new deal. Isn't he OOC? That being said, if he does stay he'll be in the squad and has every chance. Got to earn it, want it and fight for it though.[/quote]
Been told oneill been offered think this lad has earn a game maybe v hkr be a good test for him he been at cas 4 years needs a chance he is fight for it and def wants that chance if given one i can see him staying tough lad

MØL
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MØL » 22 May 2018, 19:40

Big fan of O'Neill. Hopefully we'll see him soon. He's a cracking prospect with absolute tons of potential and a sensible head on his shoulders. Think he'll pleasantly surprise people when he gets his chance.

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 23 May 2018, 12:02

Given that McShane has just signed a 5 year contract, never gets injured and consistently is one of our top players I reckon that he'll probably be the next club captain. So O'Neill is either going to have to be very patient, do a Milner and change position, or move on, be it dual reg. or maybe a season long loan elsewhere.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 23 May 2018, 12:03

Weareone wrote:]I put on Twitter that I think I can see us signing Tinirau Arona as a replacement for Milner if he goes.
Strangely enough it doesn't appear that we're in any rush to re sign him, I personally think he's a cracking player and wouldn't let him go.[/quote]
He's a good player but using a quota spot for a player who might not make the 17 on a regular basis.[/quote]

I think he would start every week. Good defensively and covers for hooker. Straight swap. Settled player and local to us. Hey[/quote]
Maybe. I'd like to see oneill get a chance too see his potential first.[/quote]

If we offer him a new deal. Isn't he OOC? That being said, if he does stay he'll be in the squad and has every chance. Got to earn it, want it and fight for it though.[/quote]
Been told oneill been offered think this lad has earn a game maybe v hkr be a good test for him he been at cas 4 years needs a chance he is fight for it and def wants that chance if given one i can see him staying tough lad[/quote]

I wouldn't sign arona on this years form. he seems to have gone backwards. on last years form I would have done. having said that macca wasn't breaking any pots at wakey and look what happened when he came here.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 23 May 2018, 12:33

Hope we can swap Ellis for someone before 3yra are up!
For evalds preferably :D
Audacter Et Sincere

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 23 May 2018, 13:06

Castiger2017
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Castiger2017 » 23 May 2018, 16:31

Mysterio wrote:Hope we can swap Ellis for someone before 3yra are up!
For evalds preferably :D
I’m not a fan of Ellis by any means but the more I see of evalds the more I think he is vastly overrated