New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by JIN JER » 10 Apr 2018, 12:22

:)

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 10 Apr 2018, 12:50

old cas lass wrote:
JIN JER wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
lurcher wrote:
old cas lass wrote:I control my feelings of a new ground by forgetting all about it.
Only time i get reminded when I read these posts.
What will be will be........some day.
For now not much it happening, so why bother with it.
Until I see the roof going on I’ll get excited, that’s if I’m still here.....not getting any younger.
I bet you we will be in it for 2021 missis and if I win the bet you have to snog me on the centre spot at half time at the first game. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
And if you lose will you shave off your tash??
Which one was that aimed at? :)

Probably me jinj.
Been cruel to me for over 20yrs :D
Don’t be so modest Babs...it’s at least 25!!! Ever since you got my Mum drunk on Pernod and I had to carry her upstairs!!!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 11 Apr 2018, 09:01

We went by were the ground is supposed to be built yesterday, lovely fence and flags a number of blue huts I could not see whether anyone was doing anything

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 11 Apr 2018, 09:07

gateman wrote:We went by were the ground is supposed to be built yesterday, lovely fence and flags a number of blue huts I could not see whether anyone was doing anything
I went by also yesterday.
Now the fencing is up you can’t see what going on in there.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 11 Apr 2018, 09:49

By all accounts, it's road junction first to enable the site to bring in the stuff to take out the coal to prepare the ground work for the build.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 09 May 2018, 12:33

well its May now & alls gone quiet again, anyone seen owt happening?

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 09 May 2018, 12:54

went down spittal hardwick lane a couple of weeks since and theres been a lot of earthwork there. but its the first time I've been down there for ages so don't know if its been done recently.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 09 May 2018, 13:59

well its to be hoped something happens soon as it was embarrassing on rugby am last week when Wayne Godwin was down the lane & he entered the ground through the Arthur Atkinson memorial gate & its in such a poor state with holes through it where wood seems to have rotted & dropped off, we need that new ground desperately. :pray:

Johnlewis1920
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Johnlewis1920 » 15 May 2018, 13:42

Ian Fulton at the CTSC meeting around 13 March said there would be announcement regards new link road in the next coupe of days hope Iam wrong but heard nothing
He also declared new anchor tenants to be announced within a month were these ancor tenants on the titanic
Come on the Castleford board tell the fans the facts that are backed up by action not misleading statements
With the RFL bringing in licensing without a new groundthe clubs super league status is perilous to say the least
COYF

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 15 May 2018, 17:17

the wife looked over were the ground is supposed to be as we went by in the car today no visible movement, if there was anything to announce that was set in stone I am sure the club would love to announce it, in my mind we are as far off as having a new ground as we ever were , I HOPE I AM WRONG

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 May 2018, 17:22

Well the weather couldn’t have been better to start a dig or move some earth.
If nothings happening now, when will it happen.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 May 2018, 17:31

Lateral have just applied, and had granted, a non-material amendment to separate the Next unit and the proposed garden centre within it into two units.

This means there will be Next AND a garden centre unit. This was approved last week.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 May 2018, 17:34

Nice article here on Wakefield first where the council have commented on the project as a flagship project: https://www.wakefieldfirst.com/news/201 ... wakefield/

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 May 2018, 17:40

HuddsTigers wrote:Lateral have just applied, and had granted, a non-material amendment to separate the Next unit and the proposed garden centre within it into two units.

This means there will be Next AND a garden centre unit. This was approved last week.

Yes but when will it happen.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 15 May 2018, 17:46

Construction is to commence in 2018 and will be completed in 2021, according to Axiom/Lateral.

There's 7 month of the year left and it did say Q2/Q3. We're only half way through Q2 - there's still a good 4 and a half months left of this. This is for Highways and Infrastructure to start.

Also another interesting article here https://www.calcalistech.com/ctech/arti ... 77,00.html

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 15 May 2018, 18:01

HuddsTigers wrote:Construction is to commence in 2018 and will be completed in 2021, according to Axiom/Lateral.

There's 7 month of the year left and it did say Q2/Q3. We're only half way through Q2 - there's still a good 4 and a half months left of this. This is for Highways and Infrastructure to start.

Also another interesting article here https://www.calcalistech.com/ctech/arti ... 77,00.html
thank goodness your back Hudds, good to have an update as i was becoming very concerned, thank you.

dannyboy1036
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dannyboy1036 » 15 May 2018, 23:30

HuddsTigers wrote:Lateral have just applied, and had granted, a non-material amendment to separate the Next unit and the proposed garden centre within it into two units.

No this means Next are cutting back and don’t want a garden centre so they have split the units to lease to seperate tenants.

The retail and restaurant market is on its backside, developers are struggling to get tenants in similar developments in the surrounding areas. Why would they risk starting on site at this point? Lets be realistic.

I’m not saying this means the ground won’t get built, but would you pay out for a ground to unlock a development you might not build for a few years? Maybe they will to get it out of the way, who knows. Only the developer, don’t kid yourselves that Cas have any idea what is going on here. Or are even considered.

In my experience the retail development is at least 2 years away from a physical start on site. This is a huge development, it’s common to take 5+ years to start on site from inception. It’s how it works unfortunately. Forget the groundwork’s, they are necessities required to unlock the land for any development. They often sit completed for years until structures commence. Once the infrastructures in I’ve seen sites change from retail to residential, it always depends on the market and what’s commercially viable at that point in time.

Hopefully the ground is deemed one of the necessities and completed to tick a box. I think that’s the best we can hope for. I am a cas fan honest!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 15 May 2018, 23:44

john wells said in his first meet the fans event that work on building the stadium will start in the 3rd quarter of 2019 and we'll be playing there in 2021. at this moment in time and with all that's going on I think I choose to believe wellsy.
also thanks once again hudds
jo brand is eddie warings love child

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 May 2018, 06:47

lurcher wrote:john wells said in his first meet the fans event that work on building the stadium will start in the 3rd quarter of 2019 and we'll be playing there in 2021. at this moment in time and with all that's going on I think I choose to believe wellsy.
also thanks once again hudds
Which is precisely what is said on the Axiom website.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 May 2018, 06:55

dannyboy1036 wrote:

No this means Next are cutting back and don’t want a garden centre so they have split the units to lease to seperate tenants.
I did say it would be Next AND a garden centre.

I don’t think it alters the size of the Next in any way. I think they were always listed as separate spaces eg 44,000 retail with 1k Sqm ancillary outdoor area for garden products included from/with/as part of Next.

It’s a few weeks since I read the application, though so I’ll go back and fill in the gaps.

As for the rest of the post, the development is being forward funded. They did one for a development in Reading where they obtained £9m of forward funding for an M&S store.

They already have funding in terms of loans from Leeds Regional Development Funding for the start of the on site works and infrastructure. The stadium is the actual physical building being built first and that’s not until Q3 2019 in their timeline. Up until then it’s mainly highways, landscaping and the planting of trees etc, as well as the landscaping for the country park.