TODAYS GAME

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: TODAYS GAME

Post by Sharlotiger » 16 Apr 2018, 14:18

Flat Capper wrote:Being brutally honest I thought we did enough to win without really hitting top gear. Les Cats certainly didn't seem interested at all and whether it's McBananaman or something else, they need a right kick up the jacksy.

I'm also convinced the kick through has become our main attacking ploy to get the lead then push on with the flowing rugby when the game's won.

These are not criticisms, just observations.
Flowing rugby, have I missed something?. Our main attacking ploy this year as been from kicks, hopefully our running game will improve with the conditions, we have gone from the most attractive side in the league to watch to one of the most boring. Just shows what a huge loss Hardaker as been.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 16 Apr 2018, 15:08

Sharlotiger wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:Being brutally honest I thought we did enough to win without really hitting top gear. Les Cats certainly didn't seem interested at all and whether it's McBananaman or something else, they need a right kick up the jacksy.

I'm also convinced the kick through has become our main attacking ploy to get the lead then push on with the flowing rugby when the game's won.

Flowing rugby, have I missed something?. Our main attacking ploy this year as been from kicks, hopefully our running game will improve with the conditions, we have gone from the most attractive side in the league to watch to one of the most boring. Just shows what a huge loss Hardaker as been.
Rhinos were boring and poor for 99% of the season but won the GF. I'd swap our flowing rugby for been GF winners anyday

StevieTheTV
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by StevieTheTV » 16 Apr 2018, 15:42

fords wrote:Rhinos were boring and poor for 99% of the season but won the GF. I'd swap our flowing rugby for been GF winners anyday
I wouldnt, I like to be entertained for my money.
Tigers for Life! Not just for SuperLeague!!

Tawera Nikau = Legend

callum_walker
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by callum_walker » 16 Apr 2018, 15:45

I thought our victory over Cats was interesting. Seven tries scored and keeping the opposition scoreless would have lauded by pundits last year, but very little has been said of it this year and for me, this going under the radar will benefit us in 2018: https://uk.blastingnews.com/sport/2018/ ... 09325.html

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Apr 2018, 15:49

The grand finals nearly always played in cold raining conditions for a starter , 41 0 on a pudding of a pitch and some people still not happy
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 16 Apr 2018, 15:57

Fans often accuse Powell of not having a plan B when plan A isn't coming off, but i was particularly pleased that we scored 5 tries from kicks, something were not really associated with like Hull or Leeds are. Gale was on point yesterday and has definately upped his short kicking game.

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 16 Apr 2018, 18:42

heritage1926 wrote:Fans often accuse Powell of not having a plan B when plan A isn't coming off, but i was particularly pleased that we scored 5 tries from kicks, something were not really associated with like Hull or Leeds are. Gale was on point yesterday and has definately upped his short kicking game.
Yes gales best kicking game since he arrived. We needs it because everyone knows our attack is a little jady.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 16 Apr 2018, 19:35

Sharlotiger wrote:

Our kicking game needed sorting out - it can still be better.

It's great to see us standing teams under their own posts before giving us the ball back for another 6 tackles. Despite a fantastic 2017, we were a bit naive at times. I want to see us create more stress for opposition sides by grinding them down in their own 40. We can chuck it about when they start to creak.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Apr 2018, 19:47

I must admit this year after watching our matches I have come away feeling my glass is half full, we should not moan whilst we are getting the two points, I must be me comparing last year with this when the ball seemed to move that little bit faster creating openings , hopefully when the grounds dry out this will happen again, one try I did enjoy on Sunday was when MC Shane and Milner inter passed allowing MC Shane to score that was one strait of the training pitch,

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 16 Apr 2018, 21:32

We are playing a very different style of rugby to last year as we have had to adapt to the loss of our fullback and the conditions of the pitch at Wheldon Road.
Our kicking options however greater this season, our pack is quality throughout and the squad are beginning to click.
As confidence grows and the pitches dry up I am confident our performances will become better and better.
The doom and gloom some forecast after the first game of the season is subsiding and our loss against Wire was so influenced by the conditions it was a total lottery.
Last season was the best I have witnessed but hopefully we will build and peak at the right time.
We have come a long way from avoiding relegation as being an aspiration so let's not get to cocky.
We now need to show our appreciation and make some noise.

SFOtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SFOtiger » 16 Apr 2018, 22:57

callum_walker wrote:I thought our victory over Cats was interesting. Seven tries scored and keeping the opposition scoreless would have lauded by pundits last year, but very little has been said of it this year and for me, this going under the radar will benefit us in 2018: https://uk.blastingnews.com/sport/2018/ ... 09325.html
In Callum's article he wrote:Though Catalans were, quite simply, atrocious, the Tigers finally put in a decent second-half performance - even if they rarely got out of first gear for most of the game. Castleford did however, fail to break the Dragons' line in the first forty and had to rely on three tries from kicks to open up an 18-0 lead. A Luke Gale drop-goal before half-time still showed that there was a confidence issue in the team - that instead of going on to hammer the visitors, the one-pointer may well have proved vital at the end.
Enjoyed reading the article, Callum. On the paragraph I quoted above, however, I am not sure I agree Galey took the 1 pointer because of a confidence issue. I think Gale boots them over when he can, and especially when the clock is running down in the first half. Better one point than none. Even in the Leeds game where that 1-pointer proved crucial in the end, he mentioned in his post-game interview that he wasn't really thinking too much about it at the time he kicked it.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 17 Apr 2018, 15:46

Sharlotiger wrote:

flowing rugby? the handling move for clares try was straight out of last years top drawer.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 17 Apr 2018, 16:05

lurcher wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:

flowing rugby? the handling move for clares try was straight out of last years top drawer.
And on two other occasions only a Catalan hand prevented tries on the left edge.

The flow will come, especially when Jake T has more game time.

callum_walker
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by callum_walker » 17 Apr 2018, 18:28

SFOtiger wrote:
callum_walker wrote:I thought our victory over Cats was interesting. Seven tries scored and keeping the opposition scoreless would have lauded by pundits last year, but very little has been said of it this year and for me, this going under the radar will benefit us in 2018: https://uk.blastingnews.com/sport/2018/ ... 09325.html
In Callum's article he wrote:Though Catalans were, quite simply, atrocious, the Tigers finally put in a decent second-half performance - even if they rarely got out of first gear for most of the game. Castleford did however, fail to break the Dragons' line in the first forty and had to rely on three tries from kicks to open up an 18-0 lead. A Luke Gale drop-goal before half-time still showed that there was a confidence issue in the team - that instead of going on to hammer the visitors, the one-pointer may well have proved vital at the end.
Enjoyed reading the article, Callum. On the paragraph I quoted above, however, I am not sure I agree Galey took the 1 pointer because of a confidence issue. I think Gale boots them over when he can, and especially when the clock is running down in the first half. Better one point than none. Even in the Leeds game where that 1-pointer proved crucial in the end, he mentioned in his post-game interview that he wasn't really thinking too much about it at the time he kicked it.
Fair enough SFOTiger. I just think that if that had been 2017, we'd have gone for a kick to the corner or something along the ground to try to get a try!