Greg Eden

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Greg Eden

Post by Jonny1975 » 10 Apr 2018, 22:33

Is it just me that wants to see Garry Lo unleashed. For me Clare has lost pace, average finisher and suspect under high ball, he was a signing we stole from under the noses of York City Knights, whilst a quota player remains our 5th choice winger. I'm also a fan of Wardle n Shenton combo whilst Eden recovers. Anything but James Clare.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 11 Apr 2018, 07:05

Me as well mate. Don’t agree with putting Shenny on the wing though, especially when we have a natural winger like Lo waiting for an opportunity.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 11 Apr 2018, 08:17

Jonny1975 wrote:Is it just me that wants to see Garry Lo unleashed. For me Clare has lost pace, average finisher and suspect under high ball, he was a signing we stole from under the noses of York City Knights, whilst a quota player remains our 5th choice winger. I'm also a fan of Wardle n Shenton combo whilst Eden recovers. Anything but James Clare.
Were are good at wasting quota spots.

Clark - out on loan with no foreseeable opportunity in the first team.
Lo - out on loan with no foreseeable opportunity in the first team.
JY - DP seems to want to pick Clare over him. (maybe his height is the issue for a winger?)

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 11 Apr 2018, 10:10

tigerfeat wrote:You look at edens try on sunday again its out of top draw huddersfield bloke never was able to put a finger on him as he ran outside of him
The fullback gave Eden the outside then couldn't get within 10 feet of him and he's no slouch.

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 12 Apr 2018, 20:18

fords wrote:
Jonny1975 wrote:Is it just me that wants to see Garry Lo unleashed. For me Clare has lost pace, average finisher and suspect under high ball, he was a signing we stole from under the noses of York City Knights, whilst a quota player remains our 5th choice winger. I'm also a fan of Wardle n Shenton combo whilst Eden recovers. Anything but James Clare.
Were are good at wasting quota spots.

Clark - out on loan with no foreseeable opportunity in the first team.
Lo - out on loan with no foreseeable opportunity in the first team.
JY - DP seems to want to pick Clare over him. (maybe his height is the issue for a winger?)
I agree

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 12 Apr 2018, 21:40

Just seen this but I can't honestly understand it it would now se for some very strange reason jy has fallen behind sticks and now lo as there will be no recall for jy for the month I honestly can't see how clare gets in front of him to start with bad decision imo surley jy must be getting sick of it by now aswell.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 13 Apr 2018, 13:23

betts21 wrote:Just seen this but I can't honestly understand it it would now se for some very strange reason jy has fallen behind sticks and now lo as there will be no recall for jy for the month I honestly can't see how clare gets in front of him to start with bad decision imo surley jy must be getting sick of it by now aswell.
Can't understand why we are sending players out on loan when we have 2 partner duel reg clubs. If Halifax don't want Jy or Gill why don't they go to Newcastle then they can be brought back at any point.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 13 Apr 2018, 14:23

Sharlotiger wrote:
betts21 wrote:Just seen this but I can't honestly understand it it would now se for some very strange reason jy has fallen behind sticks and now lo as there will be no recall for jy for the month I honestly can't see how clare gets in front of him to start with bad decision imo surley jy must be getting sick of it by now aswell.
Can't understand why we are sending players out on loan when we have 2 partner duel reg clubs. If Halifax don't want Jy or Gill why don't they go to Newcastle then they can be brought back at any point.
I'd go with that the only problem is that those clubs don't want to drop there own players I think the Gill move is a good one but letting jy or even clare go wouldn't make sense there our only two proven wingers Lo for all he looked ok in world cup has yet to taste rugby at the top level.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 13 Apr 2018, 17:26

Lo ready for first team action. DP states jy on loan to get matches.

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 13 Apr 2018, 18:09

Maybe waiting for the harder pitches for Lo’s debut?
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 13 Apr 2018, 23:20

maybe a while then. claws pre match dance has been cancelled as the pitch is still saturated.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 13 Apr 2018, 23:31

lurcher wrote:maybe a while then. claws pre match dance has been cancelled as the pitch is still saturated.
Looking like a bit of sun tomorrow, fingers crossed it’ll dry it out.
One thing we don’t need and that’s more rain.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by mart0042 » 16 Apr 2018, 13:00

Max n paddy wrote:Maybe waiting for the harder pitches for Lo’s debut?
Probably. Maybe the wakey match. We've got to play him and see if he's better than what we have.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 16 Apr 2018, 15:58

Got a feeling we signed Lo, just to stop other teams getting him. Wasn't he the top try scorer in the Championship last year?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Apr 2018, 17:08

heritage1926 wrote:
Got a feeling we signed Lo, just to stop other teams getting him.
Of course we did ](*,) :roll: ](*,) ;) ](*,) :roll:

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 16 Apr 2018, 18:18

heritage1926 wrote:
Got a feeling we signed Lo, just to stop other teams getting him. Wasn't he the top try scorer in the Championship last year?

2 years part time, he needs tome to adjust. Minikin wasn't thrown in straight away, egodo hasn't been thrown in. Why should Lo walk into the team? let him learn his trade, get up to speed with full time training then when he's earnt his spot, give him it.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 May 2018, 10:35

Desperate for this player to get back on the field.
Seems to have been out all season.
Any news on when he’ll return.
Heard it was a possibility for last week but that didn’t happen.
Really hope he’s back for magic. If not it’s a worry, could he be gone for season.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 15 May 2018, 11:18

old cas lass wrote:Desperate for this player to get back on the field.
Seems to have been out all season.
Any news on when he’ll return.
Heard it was a possibility for last week but that didn’t happen.
Really hope he’s back for magic. If not it’s a worry, could he be gone for season.
Agreed.

We miss Greg in just more than the try scoring department. He's easily our best back for making metres from kick returns and carries out of our half to relieve the forwards.

Also we would of scored a lot more tries this season had he been in the side, there's been a fair few times where wingers who have filled in for him, have had open space for the corner, but have decided to come back inside and bombed the chance, Greg is the only winger we have that pins his ears back and goes for the corner every time, usually quite spectacularly.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 15 May 2018, 11:34

We could have had Martin offiah in his prime on our wing this past 2 month and it would have made no difference to results.the flow and speed of our play just isn’t creating much for our wingers at the moment.without a recognised fullback and Luke gale that isn’t going to change much

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 15 May 2018, 13:42

Scoopage wrote:We could have had Martin offiah in his prime on our wing this past 2 month and it would have made no difference to results.the flow and speed of our play just isn’t creating much for our wingers at the moment.without a recognised fullback and Luke gale that isn’t going to change much
I disagree slightly. I agree chances have been limited, and with a recognised fullback there would be a lot more chances, but there have been several opportunities on the left wing this year that Greg would have finished due to his pace. The most recent being against Saints on Saturday. Jy cut inside with the corner begging. I'm fairly confident Greg would have gone in there. We saw in 40 mins at Huddersfield how much we missed his pace out wide, skipping round their winger with ease to go in for the try (and doing his hamstring at the same time mind)