TODAYS GAME

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

TODAYS GAME

Post by classysupercas3 » 15 Apr 2018, 20:26

Didn't do anything wrong today. A much needed good performance.still think we need a recognised fullback and nobody will convince me otherwise. Really tough games coming up so I think we will find out where we are then. Desperately need Eden back. And I think we need to bed lo in soon.overall I'm happy with the scoreline and did extremely well to nill them. Atmosphere gradually returning to wheldon road and everybody went away feeling alot more positive

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: TODAYS GAME

Post by Casmoley » 15 Apr 2018, 20:29

classysupercas3 wrote:Didn't do anything wrong today. A much needed good performance.still think we need a recognised fullback and nobody will convince me otherwise. Really tough games coming up so I think we will find out where we are then. Desperately need Eden back. And I think we need to bed lo in soon.overall I'm happy with the scoreline and did extremely well to nill them. Atmosphere gradually returning to wheldon road and everybody went away feeling alot more positive

atmosphere was poor. sticks had a great game today so don't even go there..

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 15 Apr 2018, 20:41

Casmoley wrote:
classysupercas3 wrote:Didn't do anything wrong today. A much needed good performance.still think we need a recognised fullback and nobody will convince me otherwise. Really tough games coming up so I think we will find out where we are then. Desperately need Eden back. And I think we need to bed lo in soon.overall I'm happy with the scoreline and did extremely well to nill them. Atmosphere gradually returning to wheldon road and everybody went away feeling alot more positive

Clare did really well today, don't think eden would have made that catch and pass for Oggys second try

Macca was outstanding again

Millo is just a machine

Been critical of Meeks this season but he had a good performance off the bench
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Apr 2018, 20:44

Its always difficult to get a good atmosphere against catalans theres never away fans in ground
7,000 home fans was a fair turnout i thought
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 Apr 2018, 21:05

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 15 Apr 2018, 21:09

Casmoley wrote:

Hey moley was not criticising anybody. Just saying we need to bed lo in soon and we will always miss edena speed. Chill pal

corvusxiii
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by corvusxiii » 15 Apr 2018, 22:57

Clare was solid. Trueman dropped one? Tbf he was struggling with it from the off. That suggests to me me it was a horrid propostion for a FB. It happens.
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 15 Apr 2018, 22:58

Good win but a bit of a concern that we needed to rely so heavily on kicks to score our tries.

Casmoley
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Casmoley » 15 Apr 2018, 23:02

Nu Shooze wrote:Good win but a bit of a concern that we needed to rely so heavily on kicks to score our tries.

does it matter? Leeds scored tries from kicks to win the grand final. sure that wasn't a concern.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 15 Apr 2018, 23:33

Nu Shooze wrote:Good win but a bit of a concern that we needed to rely so heavily on kicks to score our tries.
We changed our game as we weren't braking them down the usual way we do first time I can remember us doing that.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 Apr 2018, 23:47

TT Tiger wrote:
We changed our game as we weren't braking them down the usual way we do first time I can remember us doing that.
I’m sure Powell said in the interview after the game that they’d changed things around this season.
I don’t care how we score a long as we win the game, kicking is now a big part of the game.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 16 Apr 2018, 07:09

Some excellent performances all across the park.
The defensive effort the nil says it all.
As for relying on the kicking game, it worked showed we can vary our game making us harder to defend against, also the pitch does not lend itself to running it down the wing, the puddles may have gone but the ground is anything but firm.
Catalan must have read this forum the way they tried to exploit Bennies alleged frailty under the high ball, he reminded the detractors of his class ,Claire showed you why we resigned him.
McShane best swop ever.
Our best performance of the season so far.
My wife shout herself horse I almost got a chant of we're not singing anymore the boys deserved better .

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Apr 2018, 07:53

Think it was trueman under the bombs one of them was spiraling so much your any price catch them ,on kicking game weve gale mcshane and trueman who are all top notch at putting little kicks through not suprised were getting a lot of reward from them
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 16 Apr 2018, 07:59

Try still worth 4 whether from kick or pass. All teams score from kicks, comes from having a 6 tackle rule.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 16 Apr 2018, 08:07

corvusxiii wrote:Clare was solid. Trueman dropped one? Tbf he was struggling with it from the off. That suggests to me me it was a horrid propostion for a FB. It happens.
Jesus a FB is allowed to drop the odd ball. Remember the kid is 18 or whatever and normally a 6. He's been 110% better then Roberts was at FB.

If rumours are to be believed and we are after Mead for next year. We can move Jake back to 6 and will take over from Roberts the year after full time as im sure at 34 that will be it for Roberts

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 16 Apr 2018, 08:20

I think Trueman is handling the tricky problem of full back very well.

Yes he spilled one high kick (Catalans big plus point yesterday was kicking out of hand) but he played well,he picked the pocket of a Catalan player to create McShane's first try, and pulled off a try saver when that big forward came charging through that gap.

Like the rest of the side he'll get better when the ground firms up!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Apr 2018, 08:42

you cant knock keeping a team pointless , Mc Shane very busy again Clare had a great game Trueman made a couple of bloomers with the high ball but apart from that had a good game Cook took some great ball in along with the rest of our forwards I don't know why we have to flog Webster as it was obvious the lad was struggling , though we have not looked the finished article we are in fourth place with two games in hand so no one can grumble

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 16 Apr 2018, 09:07

Oli Holmes' best game in a Cas shirt for me was that in years. I think the forwards now know there is competition for places and some seem to have stepped it up more than others, Oli being the main one.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 16 Apr 2018, 11:36

I'm not sure Webbo gets flogged. At some point in every game he looks in trouble, but he is one of the most resilient players we have, and one of the best. He doesn't do half-measures. When Wardle is playing, we have the option of bringing him off, as yesterday. With Wigan on the short turn around, it was a good move.
That right edge defence was something else.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 16 Apr 2018, 13:03

Being brutally honest I thought we did enough to win without really hitting top gear. Les Cats certainly didn't seem interested at all and whether it's McBananaman or something else, they need a right kick up the jacksy.

I'm also convinced the kick through has become our main attacking ploy to get the lead then push on with the flowing rugby when the game's won.

These are not criticisms, just observations.
Spreading the Cas gene pool