Tigers Radio, what a difference

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Spanishtiger
Verified

Tigers Radio, what a difference

Post by Spanishtiger » 15 Apr 2018, 17:32

What a great idea to move to the gantry and to bring Morgy in as summariser. Today's coverage was spot on. Keep it up Dave and the team.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Tigers Radio, what a difference

Post by yorky » 15 Apr 2018, 17:51

yes much better & they could see the clock, i guess that commentary will be on the match video of todays game?

NCH

Post by NCH » 15 Apr 2018, 18:14

Im having big issues with sound on my android, its very intermittent. Iv tried uninstalling and re-installing but its still the same

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 15 Apr 2018, 18:20

NCH wrote:Im having big issues with sound on my android, its very intermittent. Iv tried uninstalling and re-installing but its still the same
Must be an issue. My android phone I also can not listen to it properly.... Can you have a Look Dave? Its like someone is flicking it on and off every second.

I've found if you listen through the Cas tigers website it works fine though. Just the android app issue.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 15 Apr 2018, 18:20

P. S was a much better listen today guys.

NCH

Post by NCH » 15 Apr 2018, 18:28

Thank you, glad someone else is having same issue thought it was just my phone.
Ill keep trying

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 15 Apr 2018, 18:38

Loud n clear in Mallorca. Great listening to morgy.
On I phone.
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 15 Apr 2018, 19:56

Spanishtiger wrote:What a great idea to move to the gantry and to bring Morgy in as summariser. Today's coverage was spot on. Keep it up Dave and the team.
Agreed. I was critical a few weeks ago. Much better today.

It's great to call out name requests for fans - but not during the game. Better without that today. Also less talking over each other with unrelated topics made the experience more pleasurable.

Keep it up guys. Thanks.

7oaksholidayhomepark

Post by 7oaksholidayhomepark » 15 Apr 2018, 20:30

Got to agree, a much better broadcast, kept the listener in touch with the play more than previous broadcasts.

popsytiger

Post by popsytiger » 15 Apr 2018, 20:58

I use the android app and find it works fine until I connect to a Bluetooth device then the sound stop starts every couple of seconds. Anyone else get this issue?

djdave
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by djdave » 15 Apr 2018, 21:01

yorky wrote:yes much better & they could see the clock, i guess that commentary will be on the match video of todays game?
Yes it should be

djdave
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by djdave » 15 Apr 2018, 21:03

InTheKnow wrote:
NCH wrote:Im having big issues with sound on my android, its very intermittent. Iv tried uninstalling and re-installing but its still the same
Must be an issue. My android phone I also can not listen to it properly.... Can you have a Look Dave? Its like someone is flicking it on and off every second.

I've found if you listen through the Cas tigers website it works fine though. Just the android app issue.
I’ll speak to the developers about it, I’ve not had any others comment about it though.

Towns88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Towns88 » 15 Apr 2018, 21:23

I missed a couple of games in the last few weeks due to illness and I have to say what a great job Harvey and Dave do. Some good humour and a vast amount of knowledge. These 2 deserve a lot of credit as the vast majority has been created by Dave with very little financial aid, just doing it for the love of the club. I was better today so manages to attend but I know there's a boat load of fans who rely on this service. Keep up the good work guys.

djdave
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by djdave » 15 Apr 2018, 21:36

Towns88 wrote:I missed a couple of games in the last few weeks due to illness and I have to say what a great job Harvey and Dave do. Some good humour and a vast amount of knowledge. These 2 deserve a lot of credit as the vast majority has been created by Dave with very little financial aid, just doing it for the love of the club. I was better today so manages to attend but I know there's a boat load of fans who rely on this service. Keep up the good work guys.
Thanks buddy glad you enjoyed it

NCH

Post by NCH » 15 Apr 2018, 22:52

Thanks bud i too use a bluetooth headset maybe thats the issue im having, i give it a try

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 16 Apr 2018, 00:28

I go through the website, no problems at all.
Just a suggestion, if you want to name-check the listeners, maybe start the broadcast a few minutes earlier and do that first ?

NOT a criticism, today's coverage was great, just watched the highlights and most of the tries were how I imagined them .

Like Ron Hill's commentaries on Radio Leeds back in the old days. And having Morgy's enthusiasm and ex-player's knowledge adds to the enjoyment.

Anyone know what's happening re the subscription TV that they mentioned ?
Last edited by Spanishtiger on 16 Apr 2018, 00:37, edited 1 time in total.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 16 Apr 2018, 00:30

popsytiger wrote:I use the android app and find it works fine until I connect to a Bluetooth device then the sound stop starts every couple of seconds. Anyone else get this issue?
Thinking about it..... I think you are correct. First time I listened on my wireless headphones..... Today I listened while driving through the car speaker.

SFOtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SFOtiger » 16 Apr 2018, 06:58

Spanishtiger wrote: Anyone know what's happening re the subscription TV that they mentioned ?
I am very interested in this too. Would def pay for that. I only get the sky games over here and then its sketchy - the TV provider here often skips the game completely or misses the kickoff, etc.

Getting DVDs takes too long for long distance fans.

Show 'n' Go
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Show 'n' Go » 16 Apr 2018, 07:12

I missed the start of the game so listened to Tiger Talk on my way up to the ground. Thought the coverage itself was great, good hearing Morgy on the commentary as well!

Keep up the great work :clap: :clap:

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 16 Apr 2018, 07:18

SFOtiger wrote:
Spanishtiger wrote: Anyone know what's happening re the subscription TV that they mentioned ?
I am very interested in this too. Would def pay for that. I only get the sky games over here and then its sketchy - the TV provider here often skips the game completely or misses the kickoff, etc.

Getting DVDs takes too long for long distance fans.
Monthly subscription at 5.99,all games will be on (not live though)
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan