liam watts

Players in ... Players out. Got a rumour? Post it in here.
RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Re: liam watts

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 13 Mar 2018, 15:40

steadygetyerboots-on wrote:3 year deal starting now, to be announced within the next week apparently.
Although he's a hot head, he is without doubt what we are missing in the front row & one of the very few British forwards who would take the aussies on. Got to be worth a shot in my opinion - he can't do any worse than our last "bad boy" signing!
Can he play full back though?!
How confident are you? I am mixed on this. Would be pleased but I am skeptical it is true.

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 13 Mar 2018, 16:04

So is it we get rid of a class player and sign another or get rid of an idiot and sign another.....
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 13 Mar 2018, 16:22

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
steadygetyerboots-on wrote:3 year deal starting now, to be announced within the next week apparently.
Although he's a hot head, he is without doubt what we are missing in the front row & one of the very few British forwards who would take the aussies on. Got to be worth a shot in my opinion - he can't do any worse than our last "bad boy" signing!
How confident are you? I am mixed on this. Would be pleased but I am skeptical it is true.
I'm not sure I could quantify it into a percentage to be honest & cant say I know anyone directly connected to Watts, but I am told various things by someone connected to the game (though I rarely post them). As far as I can tell, this has happened quickly & caught my mate off guard, but he now seems to think it's a goer.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 13 Mar 2018, 16:23

No doubting his ability, plenty of doubt over his temperament. If he can channel things in the correct way it’s a cracking signing.

Still need that fullback though....

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 13 Mar 2018, 16:24

steadygetyerboots-on wrote:
I'm not sure I could quantify it into a percentage to be honest & cant say I know anyone directly connected to Watts, but I am told various things by someone connected to the game (though I rarely post them). As far as I can tell, this has happened quickly & caught my mate off guard, but he now seems to think it's a goer.
Unless money bags at Toronto moves in for him then we won't have a chance. Watts will be off to play with his mate Westerman if Perez gets a sniff he could be available I reckon

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 13 Mar 2018, 17:38

Great signing if true

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 13 Mar 2018, 17:39

nosey parker hasn't mentioned it so it may be true. lol
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Spanishtiger
Verified

Post by Spanishtiger » 13 Mar 2018, 17:40

Maybe he hasn't been on the forums today.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 13 Mar 2018, 17:47

Isn’t it good having a signing like this out of the blue instead of months of speculation

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Mar 2018, 18:09

Is the Hull paper suggesting he's had on going off field problems of late? Or are they talking of past ones? Not gonna be out of the frying pan and into the fire are you?

classysupercas3
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas3 » 13 Mar 2018, 18:33

JIN JER wrote:Is the Hull paper suggesting he's had on going off field problems of late? Or are they talking of past ones? Not gonna be out of the frying pan and into the fire are you?
Keep tho neb art of ar affairs kid. Lol

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 13 Mar 2018, 18:57

JIN JER wrote:Is the Hull paper suggesting he's had on going off field problems of late? Or are they talking of past ones? Not gonna be out of the frying pan and into the fire are you?
I'll take them if it brings us another league title Jinj

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Mar 2018, 19:19

Now onto the new full-back ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 13 Mar 2018, 19:25

tigerfeat wrote:Now onto the new full-back ...

Agreed sort this position out and we have got a good chance of cracking on with the rest of the season

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Mar 2018, 19:52

classysupercas3 wrote:
Keep tho neb art of ar affairs kid. Lol
Come back and chelp when you've got as many posts as I have sunshine.
;)

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 13 Mar 2018, 19:55

And so you should, no one (apart from Hull) wouldn't want him in their squad.
He's a quality prop, no Fifita but quality all the same :), and that's exactly why I asked. Hull haven't just got rid because of his red card, he must be carrying some baggage.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 13 Mar 2018, 20:00

Although 4 red cards in 18 months or whatever it is looks bad .
The Mccilorum one was very harsh just bad technique from the defender and the Gale one last year I thought was unlucky tbf. No excusing the head butt against Warrington but he’s a fantastic player albeit a little reckless shall we say .

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 Mar 2018, 20:06

And for once we might come out on the right side of the disciplinary procedures and the snow.
He wouldn’t have been playing for us had the Hull KR game gone ahead. Now he’ll be playing in that fixture. If he’s not suspended, of course!

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 13 Mar 2018, 20:30

JIN JER wrote:
And so you should, no one (apart from Hull) wouldn't want him in their squad.
He's a quality prop, no Fifita but quality all the same :), and that's exactly why I asked. Hull haven't just got rid because of his red card, he must be carrying some baggage.
Matterson turned him away years back because of his attitude and negative influences from his family. Obviously still a difficult character but not many props I'd pick above him and exactly what we have been short of so no complaints from me. Hoping Powell works his magic.