New Ground for Cas or NOT !

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: New Ground for Cas or NOT !

Post by HuddsTigers » 29 Jan 2018, 19:04

Having now got on to the planning portal again, I can confirm that the coal extraction is only a small portion of the site and not interfering with the stadium site at all.

The document can be viewed here: http://cominoweb.wakefield.gov.uk/Plann ... nt=obj.pdf

On the timeframes, which have slipped since the original application, however, just to give you all an indication of what's expected

Phases 1 and 2a - 61 weeks from start date. This is all the site preparatory works.
Phase 2b was to be started and planted in November 2018 but given the above delays, this may be delayed.

The club have since said they anticipate 2020 but obviously this is still on a best case scenario and could be at any point during 2020 (though I admit, the original statement read as start of 2020).
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 29 Jan 2018, 19:06

RE: The roadworks, I wouldn't believe anything in relation to them. They keep changing. Were May, then April, then October, then June, now December.

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 29 Jan 2018, 19:33

Proper update thanks hudds. Wish lateral could give better updates think there pr offical must be on long term sick

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 29 Jan 2018, 19:39

thanks Hudds

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 29 Jan 2018, 21:32

Thanks for the update Hudds. I will say it again - we don't need to rush the process like Wakey to get this done. We don't want a bodge job. If it takes 3 years - great but if we have to have another 5 years at Wheldon Road then so be it. We need to get it right the first time - look at Salford who rushed the opening of their new stadium and it still resembles a building site.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 29 Jan 2018, 23:39

well i for one have had a massive change of views and i can now see us getting this new ground
the reason for my change of mind is i work for a construction company and one of our top men of the company was saying how the new investment will be in castleford and the jobs it will bring .i dont know if we will be putting in for any of the jobs .i hope so love to be part of it ....

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 30 Jan 2018, 00:10

onetiger wrote:well i for one have had a massive change of views and i can now see us getting this new ground
the reason for my change of mind is i work for a construction company and one of our top men of the company was saying how the new investment will be in castleford and the jobs it will bring .i dont know if we will be putting in for any of the jobs .i hope so love to be part of it ....
wow, that is a big climb down. :clap:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 30 Jan 2018, 01:49

lurcher wrote:
onetiger wrote:well i for one have had a massive change of views and i can now see us getting this new ground
wow, that is a big climb down. :clap:
it sure is a massive one but i,m sure now its going to happen i,m pleased to be wrong

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 30 Jan 2018, 08:17

there seems to be more optimism from the fans that at last there could be movement on the stadium , WHY is the silence deafening from both the builders and club if there is any substance to these rumors ????

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 30 Jan 2018, 08:41

I have a theory about the future of sports in the Wakefield district and how the process has been developed by the council over the last decade to get us to where we are now and where we will be in 10 years from now. It's quite long winded so I will be putting it in it's own thread very soon (that's if anyone is interested). It's based on the educational blue-print of Castleford and how that has been expanded to cover arts, sports and entertainment throughout the district.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 30 Jan 2018, 10:44

Thanks for the update hudds. Onwards and upwards.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 30 Jan 2018, 13:59

Tigerade wrote:I have a theory about the future of sports in the Wakefield district and how the process has been developed by the council over the last decade to get us to where we are now and where we will be in 10 years from now. It's quite long winded so I will be putting it in it's own thread very soon (that's if anyone is interested). It's based on the educational blue-print of Castleford and how that has been expanded to cover arts, sports and entertainment throughout the district.
I'm sure vasty will enjoy reading it. :lol:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 30 Jan 2018, 14:34

gateman wrote:there seems to be more optimism from the fans that at last there could be movement on the stadium , WHY is the silence deafening from both the builders and club if there is any substance to these rumors ????
Because if they commented on every single worry the fans raised every single two weeks, they would never actually get any work done?

I’d rather them focus on dotting the i’s and t’s and come to us with a meaningful update than something that either tells us nothing or gives the fans false hope of something.

All their planning changes and discharging of conditions have been accepted now and passed. Reserved Matters for phases 1 and 2a have been passed already so there’s nothing stopping those from progressing over 2018.

And you kind of answered your own question: IF there is any substance - there is no evidence of anything other than the information that's been publicly made available on the Planning Portal across the whole of 2017, and in the rugby league press.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 30 Jan 2018, 20:42

Yes - it could be distressing for some.

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 30 Jan 2018, 21:09

Tigerade wrote:
Yes - it could be distressing for some.
Nah !

Easy for them, just this will do.

" Box lovesCas - Box hates Wakey and wants to see the end of them"

#nuffsaid #WheresRodney
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

Digger Dave

Post by Digger Dave » 30 Jan 2018, 22:25

HuddsTigers wrote:
yorky wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Steve Gill said in his last interview that new retailers had since signed up.

Robbo, I can’t get on the planning portal but the coal extraction is only the top layer, I believe (Sharlston Seam) and I don’t think it is the entire site, just where the retail element is.

Coal extraction, roads and the country park contouring all done this year.

Stadium build next year and retail built thereafter.
Right from the very top this is still very much in doubt.
I was told that Friday this week.
Robbo
who the hell do we believe, this is an emotional nightmare.
I’m taking my information from the planning applications. Note how Robbo says it’s come from the very top but won’t name who. And I doubt anyone from the club or Lateral are going to pour doubt on it, as it could affect the actual development.
Maybe you should remember that there were planning applications for a new ground across the road and we all know what happened there.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 02 Feb 2018, 12:35

Digger Dave wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
yorky wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Steve Gill said in his last interview that new retailers had since signed up.

Robbo, I can’t get on the planning portal but the coal extraction is only the top layer, I believe (Sharlston Seam) and I don’t think it is the entire site, just where the retail element is.

Robbo
I’m taking my information from the planning applications. Note how Robbo says it’s come from the very top but won’t name who. And I doubt anyone from the club or Lateral are going to pour doubt on it, as it could affect the actual development.
Maybe you should remember that there were planning applications for a new ground across the road and we all know what happened there.
At didn't get to the closing of the motorway to build a new junction layout, which is a massive undertaking. I guess by the end of 2018, we will find out if its going to happen or not. Only 11 months to go!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 02 Feb 2018, 14:05

Digger Dave wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
yorky wrote:

Robbo
Yes - it was entirely reliant on funding by us and us selling Wheldon Rd to make it happen, in the middle of a rubbish economic climate.

Here, it's being paid for by someone else, funded by a pension provider and Leeds Development Fund and also GMI Construction. For me, it isn't a question of whether it will be built or not, it's a matter of when.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 02 Feb 2018, 14:07

mart0042 wrote:
Digger Dave wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
yorky wrote:

Robbo
At didn't get to the closing of the motorway to build a new junction layout, which is a massive undertaking. I guess by the end of 2018, we will find out if its going to happen or not. Only 11 months to go!
We'll know when it's going to happen as Lateral intended to involve the fans in a consultation ahead of submitting reserved matters for the new stadium.

I assume they'll be working on plans to co-deliver with the club at the right time with clear visuals and plans (as we've seen before).

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 02 Feb 2018, 15:36

Let’s hope it’s better than the consultation then LUFC did with there fans over their proposed new badge