Sundays squad.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Sundays squad.

Post by TT Tiger » 16 Jan 2018, 12:05

I think young Turner may see quite a bit of game time at Halifax this year. They will be playing in a very comparative league now Toronto Fev and Leigh will all be strong near super league opponents and Toulouse and London not far off the pace either. We need to give Roberts a good crack at full back so on Sunday I think he will play nearly the full game there. But I’m sure Turner will be itching to get his chance if it’s not working out. It’s a shame minikin is too confident under the high ball because I think he has all the other attributes of a good fullback.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Jan 2018, 12:14

as friendlys go its got a lot of significance ,if roberts dosnt look the part we got problems
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Ronnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ronnie » 16 Jan 2018, 13:20

Does anyone know why Gary Lo didn't go to Lanzarote? Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 16 Jan 2018, 13:26

Ronnie wrote:Does anyone know why Gary Lo didn't go to Lanzarote? Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.
He doesn't like the Canary Islands.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 16 Jan 2018, 13:48

Ronnie wrote:Does anyone know why Gary Lo didn't go to Lanzarote? Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.
It's all part of becoming accustomed to our climate; a week in the sun would have put his acclimatisation back weeks! :D
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 16 Jan 2018, 14:23

Flat Capper wrote:
It's all part of becoming accustomed to our climate; a week in the sun would have put his acclimatisation back weeks! :D
Didn't realise that the climate in Sheffield was so different to Castlefords!
cum on you Ford

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 16 Jan 2018, 14:51

Aid wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:
Of course it is, it's darn sarf...
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 16 Jan 2018, 17:31

That is quite a strong squad with a few more to come back in Minikin, Ellis, Springer, Clark and Hitchcox. With Maher and Douglas confirmed they are on loan at Halifax that only leaves Kieran Gill recovering from injury.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Jan 2018, 19:02

Aid wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:
Well thunder and lightning in cas while its snowing ..cant say ive seen that before
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 17 Jan 2018, 09:57

Is it just me, or does Minikin look to of put some real size on (muscle wise)? I thought back end of the year he looked slightly weaker, even though against Salford, he scored and took Sau and Carney 15 metres on his back. Can only think that he's took the signings of Lo and Clare as a challenge for his place and he's ready for a big season.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Jan 2018, 10:07

That was some try he scored at Salford its a shame he got injured , the lad is full of potential so pleased he chose us over Saints, we are awash with wingers and centres lets hope one of them can turn his hand to fill the full back roll when needed

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 17 Jan 2018, 15:22

heritage1926 wrote:Is it just me, or does Minikin look to of put some real size on (muscle wise)? I thought back end of the year he looked slightly weaker, even though against Salford, he scored and took Sau and Carney 15 metres on his back. Can only think that he's took the signings of Lo and Clare as a challenge for his place and he's ready for a big season.
He did sign as a centre but needed a bit of muscle on for superleague.maybe he’s bulking up to challenge for the centre role aswel as cover on the wing.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 17 Jan 2018, 17:09

I believe when Minnikin signed he was being tipped to be a future centre for England. Time is on his side, although some are writing him off already.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 17 Jan 2018, 17:29

Bit harsh to write him off after last season. Thought he had a good season overall.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 17 Jan 2018, 20:06

Scoopage wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:Is it just me, or does Minikin look to of put some real size on (muscle wise)? I thought back end of the year he looked slightly weaker, even though against Salford, he scored and took Sau and Carney 15 metres on his back. Can only think that he's took the signings of Lo and Clare as a challenge for his place and he's ready for a big season.
He did sign as a centre but needed a bit of muscle on for superleague.maybe he’s bulking up to challenge for the centre role aswel as cover on the wing.
I wonder if his troublesome shoulder injury meant he had to be careful on the weights most of last season?

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 17 Jan 2018, 22:21

Give him time. Super League is full of players who were anonymous for their first couple of seasons until they learned the ropes.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 18 Jan 2018, 00:43

When he signed I said to my Dad ‘future England Centre’ - I’m still sticking by it

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 18 Jan 2018, 01:06

derbystiger wrote:When he signed I said to my Dad ‘future England Centre’ - I’m still sticking by it
Nah he’d need to play fullback or second row to play centre for England.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 18 Jan 2018, 01:10

TT Tiger wrote:
derbystiger wrote:When he signed I said to my Dad ‘future England Centre’ - I’m still sticking by it
Nah he’d need to play fullback or second row to play centre for England.
:lol: :lol: that’s true!

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 18 Jan 2018, 03:29

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Scoopage wrote:
I wonder if his troublesome shoulder injury meant he had to be careful on the weights most of last season?
Yeah good point