jy hitchcox

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
harrogate tiger

jy hitchcox

Post by harrogate tiger » 10 Jan 2018, 12:44

Hello
Just looking at the Evening post story on Cory Aston and thought I saw Jy with the No5 Shirt, anybody else seen it.?
allenthelodge

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: jy hitchcox

Post by InTheKnow » 10 Jan 2018, 13:18

Gale was wearing a different number on back of his shirt in team photos yesterday. Read nothing in to it.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 Jan 2018, 14:27

harrogate tiger wrote:Hello
Just looking at the Evening post story on Cory Aston and thought I saw Jy with the No5 Shirt, anybody else seen it.?
Powell dishes the numbers out whilst they are away next week. Officially announced on Jan 19th day after they come back

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 10 Jan 2018, 14:55

I am so giddy about the shirt numbers being announced I almost [REMOVED] my pants thinking about it.

Get the cones out ffs. :roll: :roll: :roll:

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 10 Jan 2018, 16:00

slightly ot but I noticed tom holmes only got the number 24 shirt for fev when he left us for more half back opportunities
jo brand is eddie warings love child

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 10 Jan 2018, 16:07

lurcher wrote:slightly ot but I noticed tom holmes only got the number 24 shirt for fev when he left us for more half back opportunities
Numbers mean naff all in reality

Mcgoldrick wore 23

Dorn wore 6 but played at 1
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 10 Jan 2018, 16:18

If its from yesterdays media most of the shirts didn't have number on Gale had the number 2 shirt on read absolutely nothing in it they just put a shirt on
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 10 Jan 2018, 16:22

If only they could go back before squad numbers when 1-17 entered the field, at least anyone new to our game could understand it more

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 10 Jan 2018, 16:29

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:I am so giddy about the shirt numbers being announced I almost [REMOVED] my pants thinking about it.

Get a grip man. No need for a comment like that. People like to know squad numbers.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 10 Jan 2018, 17:43

gateman wrote:If only they could go back before squad numbers when 1-17 entered the field, at least anyone new to our game could understand it more
here here, i know we know our own players no matter what numbers they have on their backs & we have a rough idea where they are playing, but when teams visit us there's no telling who's playing where?

Anglo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Anglo » 10 Jan 2018, 17:58

lurcher wrote:slightly ot but I noticed tom holmes only got the number 24 shirt for fev when he left us for more half back opportunities
He actually got the 19 shirt, but that doesn't mean much anyway. Ridyard was nailed on to get 6 and it would have been a bit of a shock if Anthony Thackeray, who was given Fev's player of the season award last season but more importantly is vastly experienced at Championship level, had suddenly been "demoted" to a number like 19. That doesn't mean Holmes won't be starting at half back (Thackeray is his competition at that position, but also Hardman's competition at full back).

Sometimes numbers mean something, but as has been said far more often it's best not to read too much into them.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 11 Jan 2018, 08:08

InTheKnow wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:I am so giddy about the shirt numbers being announced I almost [REMOVED] my pants thinking about it.

Get a grip man. No need for a comment like that. People like to know squad numbers.

And most people dont care who has what number shirt. Totally irrelevant. Get a life.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 11 Jan 2018, 10:29

the machine wrote:

Mcgoldrick wore 23

There was some reason why 23 was popular Michael Smith always had it too. I think it was something to do with a famous player from another sport. Beckham possibly?

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 11 Jan 2018, 12:35

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
the machine wrote:

Mcgoldrick wore 23

There was some reason why 23 was popular Michael Smith always had it too. I think it was something to do with a famous player from another sport. Beckham possibly?
Michael Jordan

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 11 Jan 2018, 13:52

Ryan mcgoldrick :)

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 11 Jan 2018, 17:16

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:

And most people dont care who has what number shirt. Totally irrelevant. Get a life.
You are the only one who is moaning about it. Go spoil another thread by having a moan. It's all you seem to do.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 11 Jan 2018, 18:29

Well obviously you are happy to moan as well or you wouldnt reply?

Expressing an opinion isnt moaning or spoiling anything. Its a forum for opinions.

Just because we dont think we "Know it all" or tug over everything the club does, does not mean we are moaning.

Have a nice day and dont get so flustered. :dance: :dance:

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 11 Jan 2018, 19:56

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Well obviously you are happy to moan as well or you wouldnt reply?

Expressing an opinion isnt moaning or spoiling anything. Its a forum for opinions.

Just because we dont think we "Know it all" or tug over everything the club does, does not mean we are moaning.

Have a nice day and dont get so flustered. :dance: :dance:
I tend not to moan but when somebody makes a comment like yours which was uncalled for I will say something. He was talking about squad numbers and so were a couple of others. Jog on and don't read if you don't like it.

Hiddentiger

Post by Hiddentiger » 11 Jan 2018, 20:09

How do you know you don't like it unless you read it?

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 11 Jan 2018, 21:30

children what with the bickering
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!