Zak's return?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Zak's return?

Post by derbystiger » 20 Dec 2017, 15:12

yorky wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Its funny ive got all games on sky saved and i cant bring mesen to watch em even on nights when theres nowt on tele and id be normally putting one of them on
stella season and cant bring mesen to watch any of our famous victorys lol
cant beat being a cas fan
we are exactly the same, its taken all the pleasure away.
If I need cheering up a little, I just put the last few mins of the Wakey game on and watch us lift the LLS. Does the trick for me :D

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 20 Dec 2017, 16:12

fords wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:I believe wigan were willing to pay him are willing to pay him something till such times as his ban will be over but obviously if cas dont want him to leave that makes no odds
It may come down to something like cas want him to stay but wont pay him or will pay minimum wage whilst he is banned but wigan will pay more during his ban. He may want to leave for the cash.

If he had half an ounce of remorce he would want to stay and try and put things right and win us the title.
If rumours are to be believed I’d say he probably did have :shock:

Long live the Tigers!!!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 20 Dec 2017, 19:40

yorky wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:Season ticket sales up 12%, so good job the pleasure remains for many. And that is what it is, a pleasure. A pastime, a bit of fun to put life into perspective.
well it means a tad more than that to me & its something i need to deal with to try & not let it gat to me like this did, but to see my club humiliated in a grand final like they did because of one persons foolishness wont just go away.

you would think that after watching them for over 60 years it would, but as i say thats my problem.
Im the same all year they wernt even close or even looked like beating us and then the GF happened. So annoying as we should have won that comfortably going by the rest of the year.

Will we get ever get a better chance. I hope so

Saulbic

Post by Saulbic » 20 Dec 2017, 21:57

Just to stirr a little. If you look on Instagram, Zak seems to be with the rest of the cas squad quite often. Not saying it means anything but you don't really see the same thing with rangi. I know there all mates but if they've all "forgiven him" then I see no reason why he won't come back.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 21 Dec 2017, 00:40

derbystiger wrote:
yorky wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Its funny ive got all games on sky saved and i cant bring mesen to watch em even on nights when theres nowt on tele and id be normally putting one of them on
If I need cheering up a little, I just put the last few mins of the Wakey game on and watch us lift the LLS. Does the trick for me :D
Hey if that cheers you up then that's great, I forgot about that a long time since.:)

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 21 Dec 2017, 02:46

JIN JER wrote:
derbystiger wrote:
yorky wrote:
Hey if that cheers you up then that's great, I forgot about that a long time since.:)
:lol: :lol:

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 21 Dec 2017, 08:13

Saulbic wrote:Just to stirr a little. If you look on Instagram, Zak seems to be with the rest of the cas squad quite often. Not saying it means anything but you don't really see the same thing with rangi. I know there all mates but if they've all "forgiven him" then I see no reason why he won't come back.
He is out on Milners birthday meal last night. Picture on instagram

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 21 Dec 2017, 09:27

Sorry to say it but taking the white stuff seems to be the norm with the younger generation i don't think they see it as doing anything wrong , us old ones got our kicks from the booze and i don't think we were any angels

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 21 Dec 2017, 10:38

A lot of 60s music was written under the influence of acid. I still bought the albums! Opium was rife in Victorian times and after, so it's the young of all generations who get their buzz where they can, and no, we were not Angels. The difference is ease of access. Doesn't seem secretive and underground any more.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 21 Dec 2017, 12:24

yorky wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:Season ticket sales up 12%, so good job the pleasure remains for many. And that is what it is, a pleasure. A pastime, a bit of fun to put life into perspective.
well it means a tad more than that to me & its something i need to deal with to try & not let it gat to me like this did, but to see my club humiliated in a grand final like they did because of one persons foolishness wont just go away.

you would think that after watching them for over 60 years it would, but as i say thats my problem.
I don't think anyone can deny the pain caused by that defeat but there has to be some recognition of a degree of responsibility for the 17 who took to the field. To solely blame the one man who wasn't there seems a little unfair to me.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 21 Dec 2017, 17:33

I don't think anyone can deny the pain caused by that defeat but there has to be some recognition of a degree of responsibility for the 17 who took to the field. To solely blame the one man who wasn't there seems a little unfair to me.
true but when that one man is potentially the best full back in the game & the england full back elect & who played a massive role in winning the LLS only to be withdrawn from our team 2 days before arguably the biggest day in the clubs history was bound to have a massive impact on the outcome not only for cas but also later on for england. :roll:

wembley65

Post by wembley65 » 21 Dec 2017, 20:40

Saulbic wrote:Just to stirr a little. If you look on Instagram, Zak seems to be with the rest of the cas squad quite often. Not saying it means anything but you don't really see the same thing with rangi. I know there all mates but if they've all "forgiven him" then I see no reason why he won't come back.
If Cas take him back he'll only crap on us again. Great player, but one of lifes losers. I predicted he'd sin again when we signed him.

wembley65

Post by wembley65 » 21 Dec 2017, 20:46

Flat Capper wrote:
yorky wrote:

I think we can blame 17 players for the GF defeat.

1. Jack Walker
2. Tom Briscoe
3. Callum Watkins.....need I go on

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 21 Dec 2017, 22:04

Still mixed on the subject, he’s obviously not a strong person who can say no or no to his mates ! Bit of me frustrated, I don’t blame him completely for the loss tbh but my biggest gripe is why o why couldn’t he wait a few years while his career was over, then he could have taken as much talc as he wanted.
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 21 Dec 2017, 22:38

You take your chances at all clubs with all players.

I'm sure there's a place for Zak and I'm sure there's space for a social life too. Yep.
Audacter Et Sincere

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 21 Dec 2017, 23:12

Max n paddy wrote:Still mixed on the subject, he’s obviously not a strong person who can say no or no to his mates ! Bit of me frustrated, I don’t blame him completely for the loss tbh but my biggest gripe is why o why couldn’t he wait a few years while his career was over, then he could have taken as much talc as he wanted.
Top and bottom of it is that he's thick, with no sense of consequence about his choices.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 22 Dec 2017, 09:50

Max n paddy wrote:Still mixed on the subject, he’s obviously not a strong person who can say no or no to his mates ! Bit of me frustrated, I don’t blame him completely for the loss tbh but my biggest gripe is why o why couldn’t he wait a few years while his career was over, then he could have taken as much talc as he wanted.
Why not wait a couple of weeks till after the GF? At least then he'd have had eight weeks out of competition, that's why my opinion of him is arrogance, he thought he could get away with it.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 22 Dec 2017, 10:34

This also tells you the low level of his friends when they probably indulge and encourage his participation in the taking of the idiot powder. Zak seriously needs to look at them and ask himself if they’re worth throwing his career away for, if, the answers yes then jog on and enjoy your life in the gutter. People I know strive to make something of themselves, but, I’ve never known anyone who wants to make an idiot of themselves, and, so publicly too.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 03 Jan 2018, 18:55

Former Dewsbury Rams player Donald Kudangirana has been banned from all sport for 3 years 7 seven months (until 29/8/2020) following a positive drugs test. He was provisionally suspended on 30/1/2017.

If Zak’s suspension takes this long , he’s gonna be waiting a long time for his out come.
Ridiculous.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 03 Jan 2018, 19:03

Ryan Bailey has had his ban overturned