Zak's return?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
fords
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Zak's return?

Post by fords » 19 Dec 2017, 23:07

Dez wrote:
fords wrote:
Dez wrote:
dancas88 wrote:While ever Zak is banned we don’t have to pay him as he has breached his contract. He has a contract with us till the end of 2021 so that is when his contract will expire no matter what the length of the ban. Unless we either renew it or terminate it. For me we should keep him he’s the best full back in this country and we wouldn’t have achieved what we did last year without him I don’t think. Last year alone he was worth his 150k fee imo
Of course we will have to pay him If we keep him . You can't just stop his pay what about his mortgage and bills . What's he live on for two years bread and water. I think you would find he would just go abroad and play rugby union. He's done wrong granted but he's no papilian
No we wont. He is in breach of his contract. He bills are not castigers problem.

He cant play any sport its a worldwide ban.

So its a normal job for 2yrs paid whatever he can get then either back to Cas or someone else if we decided to terminate his contract.
It would be called restraint of trade . Also would you seriously think he will come back and play for us when we've turned our backs on him . Thanks for not supporting me the last two years can I still play for you "Yeah right ". That's 150k down the drain
Hes in breach of his contract simple as that.

Not supporting him ?

Its WADA that will ban him not Cas. All cas have to decide is do we keep him until ban is over or shall we get rid and take the loss of 150k

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 19 Dec 2017, 23:10

tigerfeat wrote:
fords wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:I believe wigan were willing to pay him are willing to pay him something till such times as his ban will be over but obviously if cas dont want him to leave that makes no odds
They can be willing to do whatever they want makes no odds. He is contracted to Cas until 2021. Nothing will change unless we either sell him or terminate his contract.

If he stays all that will happen is he cant play until 2020.

Plus wigan wont have the cap space unless they pay him say 15k a year or somat daft for 2yrs just so they hold his registration and then bump it up after his ban.
I think he does want to stay at cas mate for a start off he hates one of the well known pie eaters obviously all up in the air i cant imagine wigan would pay a lot for the time hes not playing anyway
I reckon he does too but do cas ?

Adelaide Tigurrrr!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Adelaide Tigurrrr! » 20 Dec 2017, 01:25

Dez wrote:[quote="dancas88"
Of course we will have to pay him If we keep him . You can't just stop his pay what about his mortgage and bills . What's he live on for two years bread and water. I think you would find he would just go abroad and play rugby union. He's done wrong granted but he's no papilian
I dont give a monkeys chuff about his mortgage and bills. Dont you understand that this is ALL his fault. If he is up to his neck with bills then he will have to go out and get a jormal paid job just like the rest of us. WE DO NOT owe him a living.

As for bread and water if that is what he has to eat I hope he looks at it everday and thinks what a tool I was.

A WADA ban covers every sport like Union.

Adelaide Tigurrrr!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Adelaide Tigurrrr! » 20 Dec 2017, 01:32

[quote="Dez"
It would be called restraint of trade . Also would you seriously think he will come back and play for us when we've turned our backs on him . Thanks for not supporting me the last two years can I still play for you "Yeah right ". That's 150k down the drain[/quote]

Dez are you related to him?

You could rewrite the post so it reads 'Also would you seriously think some supporters would want him back to play for us after HE turned his back on us due to his stupidity. Thanks Zak for not supporting the cłub, DP, the Board, supporters. And thanks to Zak that it is $150k down the drain'.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 20 Dec 2017, 09:30

Adelaide Tigurrrr! wrote:
I dont give a monkeys chuff about his mortgage and bills. Dont you understand that this is ALL his fault. If he is up to his neck with bills then he will have to go out and get a jormal paid job just like the rest of us. WE DO NOT owe him a living.

As for bread and water if that is what he has to eat I hope he looks at it everday and thinks what a tool I was.

Exactly :clap:

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 20 Dec 2017, 10:42

Adelaide Tigurrrr! wrote:

Absolutely 100% correct. Only 1 person to blame so he must face the consequences. If that means he struggles then tough. Maybe just maybe, but I doubt it, he may just grow up and stop being such an arrogant idiot.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 20 Dec 2017, 10:50

for what its worth i haven't watched a cas game since the grand final, such is the impact he has had with my pleasure of watching cas play & what he has done to ruin the best season we have had for many years, roll on the new season :roll:

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 20 Dec 2017, 10:59

I havent watched the GF either. Coming home that night was as low as I have been in years due to the overall experience. After beating Saints I thought we had enough to win the GF. Then the week before that all changed.

I remember being parked up in Manchester feeling lije everything was not going in our favour at all. Hardaker, the suspension, the weather, the fact it was Leeds and at OT. Remember saying to my lad, who always believes in Cas/Dp and asking what he thought. His face wasnt as optimistic and his words were "Got a bad feeling that we will get beat easy and we wont show up". He has never ever said anything like that in all his years watching Cas. Well we know what happened.

Not saying everything was down to Hardaker but for me thst was the major factor. This is why I feel he should be sacked and mjve on. Money isnt everything.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 20 Dec 2017, 10:59

yorky wrote:for what its worth i haven't watched a cas game since the grand final, such is the impact he has had with my pleasure of watching cas play & what he has done to ruin the best season we have had for many years, roll on the new season :roll:

Same here yorky.
It put a right dampner on my off season.
Last edited by old cas lass on 20 Dec 2017, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 20 Dec 2017, 11:02

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:I havent watched the GF either. Coming home that night was as low as I have been in years due to the overall experience. After beating Saints I thought we had enough to win the GF. Then the week before that all changed.

I remember being parked up in Manchester feeling lije everything was not going in our favour at all. Hardaker, the suspension, the weather, the fact it was Leeds and at OT. Remember saying to my lad, who always believes in Cas/Dp and asking what he thought. His face wasnt as optimistic and his words were "Got a bad feeling that we will get beat easy and we wont show up". He has never ever said anything like that in all his years watching Cas. Well we know what happened.

Not saying everything was down to Hardaker but for me thst was the major factor. This is why I feel he should be sacked and mjve on. Money isnt everything.
Echo these sentiments :clap:
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 20 Dec 2017, 11:25

If the Wigan rumours prove to be true wouldn't Wigan be guilty of tapping up a contracted player? We got a fine for that a few years since.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 20 Dec 2017, 11:40

You forgot about Clause a on all the rules.

Clause A - Except Wigan.

takethetwo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by takethetwo » 20 Dec 2017, 12:26

yorky wrote:for what its worth i haven't watched a cas game since the grand final, such is the impact he has had with my pleasure of watching cas play & what he has done to ruin the best season we have had for many years, roll on the new season :roll:
Because we havent played in one since :lol:

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 20 Dec 2017, 12:53

takethetwo wrote:
Because we havent played in one since :lol:
i wondered why it was quiet darn't lane, but seriously i have all the matches we won either on dvd or on sky-q recorded & i may as well delete them all off ](*,)

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Dec 2017, 13:01

Its funny ive got all games on sky saved and i cant bring mesen to watch em even on nights when theres nowt on tele and id be normally putting one of them on
stella season and cant bring mesen to watch any of our famous victorys lol
cant beat being a cas fan
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 20 Dec 2017, 13:03

tigerfeat wrote:Its funny ive got all games on sky saved and i cant bring mesen to watch em even on nights when theres nowt on tele and id be normally putting one of them on
stella season and cant bring mesen to watch any of our famous victorys lol
cant beat being a cas fan
we are exactly the same, its taken all the pleasure away.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 20 Dec 2017, 13:33

Season ticket sales up 12%, so good job the pleasure remains for many. And that is what it is, a pleasure. A pastime, a bit of fun to put life into perspective.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Dec 2017, 13:43

That made me look up one of bill shanklys famous quotes..
some people think football is a matter of life and death i dont like that attitude , i can assure them it is much more serious than that
COYF
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 20 Dec 2017, 13:48

cogito ergo sum wrote:Season ticket sales up 12%, so good job the pleasure remains for many. And that is what it is, a pleasure. A pastime, a bit of fun to put life into perspective.
well it means a tad more than that to me & its something i need to deal with to try & not let it gat to me like this did, but to see my club humiliated in a grand final like they did because of one persons foolishness wont just go away.

you would think that after watching them for over 60 years it would, but as i say thats my problem.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 20 Dec 2017, 13:56

From a young boy I have watched Cas, from the Floodlit Trophy era, and I have witnessed enough bad days/games to last a lifetime. Losing at Wembley against them was bad enough but this to me is probably the worst of them all given the occasion and the way we have played all season.